The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:12 pm

Could this be the game we finally get the Aberdeen albatross to feck from around our necks. We're playing high energy pressing football and on a great run of wins, if ever there was a time to finally beat these aunts it's now.

I know it's crazy talk, but we're actually 2 points ahead of where we were last season, and it isn't beyond us to push on past Utd into 5th place, and start closing the gap on 4th, we did it last season, these feckers will hit a bad patch, they've been grinding out results, it wont last all season, this could be the game to start them on a run of defeats, and then we'll see what happens. We just need to keep this going and who knows where it'll take us.

Anyway, getting back to the here and now (present day reality), same starting XI again, or will we drop Holt/Marv, putting Sibbs beside one of them, and bring in Robbo/Poplatnik for JET. Think this'll be a battle in midfield so wouldn't mind seeing Marv & Holt starting again, but hoping we go for Robbo or Poplatnik up front for the energy in the press, don't think we'd get away with JET up front against the sheep, if we give them an easy out ball because JET wont be on top of their defenders, then they'll rip us down the wings, and it'll put a lot of pressure on our defence. Hopefully Martindale will see that and set us up well to beat them.

Mon the Lions, lets do this. bounce
    Troy

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Troy Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Was genuinely hoping for 7 points over the festive period, and We're on course to do that.The team have done us proud but this is going to be a big test for us.Yeh Aberdeen havent exactly been setting the heather on fire but we know the threat they possess. Of course id love to send them back up the road with nothing to show,would really show our intentions. For me anything other than a defeat would do for me,and at the top of our game we are capable.Would be a great way to end this traumatic year.Anyway get tore in about them Livi,and good luck, il be watching 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Clearly the biggest test so far of DM’s tenure... with more tough games coming soon... I’d love it if we beat them, we are overdue a win against them... I think they are the only side we haven’t beaten since returning to the top flight.

They aren’t playing that well but are grinding out wins, so a point would be a good result... but a win... well that would put me into orbit. Can we do it? Yes we can, will we?

Come on Santa, one more for Christmas please.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:28 pm

That Cosgrove usually scores against us. Need to keep an eye on him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:04 pm

orco wrote:That Cosgrove usually scores against us. Need to keep an eye on him.

Likes falling down in the box too, big diving haddie. Hopefully the ref doesn't get conned by him again.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:30 am

Liviforever wrote:

Likes falling down in the box too, big diving haddie. Hopefully the ref doesn't get conned by him again.

Built like a tank and falls down if you blow on him. There's a few like that at Aberdeen. Wouldn't mind Steven McLean as ref again. He was decent when we played Ross County.

Just checked and the ref is indeed Steven McLean. 😀 Hope he doesn't make me change my mind about him.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am

Got to feel for the players playing in these conditions today.Minus 5 on the way into work this morning.Guess the all weather pitch will get stringent scrutiny today.Hopefully the Lions will be up for this and warm us all up.Go get it Livi.🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:19 am

At least we won’t have a ridiculous postponement based on unsafe access conditions even though the pitch is fine.... that said I do believe there is a minimum temperature even for plastic pitches & I don’t think it’s particularly low, something like -2 or -3 ; but then the question is should we really expect teams to play when it is below freezing point?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am

Yeah having no fan negates the surrounding area from the safety aspect of the game being on, and Aberdeen fans having to travel down too.

I think we had a game last season that almost got called off at HT, with the referee saying the pitch had frozen during the game and it was touch and go whether it was safe to keep playing on it.

This time of the year it's just about getting through the game and hopefully picking up points, players aren't going to be at their best playing in freezing weather, our style of football may help us get through it better than others though, we're suited to scrapping it out.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:55 pm

2pm pitch inspection, dear knows what the temp dropped to last night, was -4 through the day. Same old problem with the sun not getting onto a certain area of the pitch. Should maybe try pouring boiling water on it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:32 pm

As i understand it was the refferees decision to call the game off.Have seen so many posts on social media, its doin ma head in.Sure the club will have done its best to get the game on to no avail and will expect critisism from all quarters.End of the day it was taken out of their hands.Understand the seeth coming at us after all the questions about plastic pitches etc.But we'll take it on the chin and move on.And its snowing again.😥❄❄❄💪
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Liviforever wrote:2pm pitch inspection, dear knows what the temp dropped to last night, was -4 through the day. Same old problem with the sun not getting onto a certain area of the pitch. Should maybe try pouring boiling water on it.

It probably wouldn’t help... ever been to an Ice Hockey match? They resurface the ice between period using hot water because hotter water actually spreads out “thinner” than cold water & freezes quicker.

We’re not the first club with a plastic pitch to have a game called off due to the plastic freezing. As Scotty famously said “Ye cannae change the laws o’ physics”.

https://i.imgflip.com/27hyl4.jpg
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Wonder why we can't put a cover over the problem area during winter time, would offer some protection surely?

Or invest in one of those blower type pitch protection things, that blows hot air under it and thaws out the pitch.

Anyway, St Mirren and Utd getting cuffed off the erse cheeks and St Johnstone drawing with Accies still, results are going well for us without playing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Aye, all 3 games ended pretty well perfect for us
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Just need Killie to draw with Motherwell now, wouldn't mind seeing County drawing with Hibs too, then us beating them on Sat to close the gap on them to 10 pts and have 2 games in hand.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:26 pm

There’s a small matter of this game before our double header with Celtic...

We are long overdue a win over them & we are on a club-record breaking run of top flight wins. One of those facts will remain intact when the dust, oops, I mean rubber pellets settle on Wednesday night.

My head says the winning run has to end eventually & a winning run is more likely to end than a non-winning run; if nothing else because it’s much easier to not win than it is to win.

With that “analysis” out of the way.... I would dearly love a win regardless of the run we are on because we should have beaten them last season & ended up losing 2-0, but staying dispassionate about it, I would not be unhappy with a draw as it keeps the unbeaten run going.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:35 pm

The new lease of life the players have under DM has raised my hopes for a win here, if anyone can finally get us one over the sheep it's this team under DM. Then we'd be going for 10 iar against Celtic reserves. Cool
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:33 am

Bit frosty this morning,hopefully no pitch issues for this.Regardless of the result tonight im more than happy with the position we find ourselves in. Could be our best chance in ages of getting a positive result here.Its a big ask but hopefully the players go out with no fear and have a real go at it.Theve been outstanding recently and continue to defy the odds.I for one wouldnt back against them. Keeping a clean sheet imperative then see where it takes us.Good luck Livi and lets do this.🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:44 pm

Heard on my car radio that there was an amber alert for snow from 3PM onwards in the Lothians, fingers crossed it doesn't stop this game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm

My weather app is forecasting rain
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/warnings/weather

Amber warning of snow
    Areas affected: Central, Tayside & Fife | Grampian | Highlands & Eilean Siar | North East England | SW Scotland, Lothian Borders | Strathclyde

Starts: 15:00 GMT on Wed 13 JanuaryEnds: 10:00 GMT on Thu 14 January
    Heavy snow causing disruption.

- Travel delays on roads are likely, stranding some vehicles and passengers
    - Some delays and cancellations to rail and air travel are likely
    - There is a good chance that some rural communities could become cut off
    - Power cuts are likely and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected

Issued at: 10:24 GMT on Wed 13 January
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm

No sign of any snow but it’s off anyway cos the ref has deemed our plastic pitch waterlogged by the sounds of it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

We are taking an absolute tanking from all quarters regarding this.Saw the ref all over the pitch and the ball was sticking when he dropped it.With so much water on the surface and getting worse with the constant rain and sleet which doesnt seem to be abating reckon it would have been farsical and dangerous for this to go ahead.Reluctant to agree with an official but in this case dont think he was left with any choice.On a side note dont know about the technicalties of our pitch but could there be a problem with our drainage. Dissapointed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

When I saw the ref the ball was rolling fine & he could bounce it, I’ve seen games played in far worse.

No reason why we should be getting pelters for it, we didn’t call it off & no doubt would rather it was played given our current form. People are just looking for an excuse to moan.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

There's always been a problem with drainage at Almondvale but I thought that the artificial pitch would have dealt with that.Apparently it's below the wte table whatever that means.
    Really disappointed with that. We had a good chance of doing well tonight. Nae doot Aberdeen will have strengthened their squad befor we play them again. Rolling Eyes

Edited to add -
    Just listened to the interviews with both managers and the ref on the BBC page. Sounds like it was Aberdeen who didn't want the match to go ahead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am