The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Aberdeen v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Think we can take all 3 points here, we've been a lot better on the road this season, and have had 5 wins and | draw in our last 6 away games (incl Hampden as one).

I don't think we played our strongest starting XI on Sat against them either, and had unused subs that could've made a big difference, hopefully we'll be more positive going for the win this time, Mullin has to start, we put a lot of balls into the box and over the top for Robbo but none were particularly good quality, even the one Pittman almost scored with was a bit meh, and stuttered through their box.

Not sure Forrest starting with Mullin works, so maybe keep him as a 2nd half sub, bringing him on around the 65th min mark, same goes for Kabia, maybe a bit later for him though. Might start Reilly and save Robbo as a sub too, with him playing a good bit of the last game.

Again a point would be decent, but really want us to push for 3rd and 4th places, so hoping we take all 3 points, and St Mirren draw with Hibs. Mon the Lions, you can di it. bounce
    orco
    orco

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi

Post by orco Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm no confident. Aberdeen were the hardest team we've played in this run and would have won it if they had a decent striker on Saturday. Wouldn't mind though if they were all over us for 90 minutes and we sneaked a win. They've done it to us enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Saturday could have gone either way, wondering if DM changed our approach to the game based on not having beaten them since returning to the top flight. If so, given we still didn’t win I would prefer reverting to our normal game.

Hoping for a win but the longer we go without losing the more likely we are to do just that....of course the opposite doesn’t hold true as they are definitely our bogey side since 2004.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Im hoping Josh or Alan starts this to give us a chance to get in behind their huge defence.Like Orco i agree,thats the toughest game weve had on our run.I too want a win,but up there id be content with a point and keep our momentum going. Will be interesting to see how Davie sets us up.Ciaron will be a miss for us but hopefully the selected defence will be up for this as Aberdeen will undoubtably come at us after Saturday. 5.30pm finish work so il have to get my skates on to make ko.Good luck to the lads up there.Good away form gives us a chance. Cmon Livi do it.🦁👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Starting XI for this game.

Stryjek, Devlin, Ambrose, Guthrie, Longridge, Lawson, Holt, Mullin, Pittman, Serrano & Emmanuel-Thomas.

Subs - McCrorie, McMillan, Taylor-Sinclair, Bartley, Sibbald, Forrest, Kabia, Robinson & Reilly. #LFCLive

Interesting, no doubt that JET made a difference up front when he came on, giving us much needed physical presence against their defenders, but bit worried it'll give them an easier time bringing it out of defence. They hoofed it long a lot and that will work in our favour if they do so again, if not we'll be in trouble because JET just doesn't have it in him to run around and press defenders. Mullin may have to do the leg work for him instead.

If we can keep it tight till midway through the 2nd half i'd be quite optimistic about getting a win with the subs we can bring on though. Providing Davie makes them right enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Keep it tight until the second half? Ha ha ha ha and you call yourself an optimist!!

2 up in 16 minutes with a makeshift defence & see it out comfortably does perfectly for me!

Pity St Midden couldn’t repeat their win of the weekend but this is a tremendous result.

Hopefully we keep it going.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Yeh,agree Bertie. Bit of a makeshift lineup but those who came in did themselves no harm at all.After a late xmas gift from Joe Lewis was a terrific header from Devlin to give us a platform to build on after only 15 minutes which we did for the remainder of the first half. Second half the Dons came back into it for a spell but the defence were resolute to a man to keep them out and indeed Pitts could have put the icing on the cake with that sitter ratteling of the post.Hard to pick mom but Holt,Lawson and ATS were brilliant. 14 iar for the Lions 🦁 Pure Heaven👼
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:50 pm

Was hoping we'd get a 3rd before HT cause couldn't see the sheep being that bad 2nd half, we absolutely bossed them all over the pitch.

I was right, 2nd half they came at us in waves and piled on the pressure, a few heart in the mouth moments but we weathered the storm and after 12 mins they had shot their bolt so to speak. JET was spent and unable to offer us an out ball, but DM stuck with him a lot longer than i was wanting, however once Rielly came on it gave us the energy up front we were lacking, and got us up the pitch a bit more to take the heat off our defenders.

Pitts almost putting it to bed with a shot hitting the post, but we didn't need that 3rd goal and comfortably saw the game out in the end, keeping another clean sheet, and going 6 wins and a draw away from home under DM.
    Agree with Troy, thought Holt and Lawson were tremendous, breaking up play and winning balls back, the cover and quality in our squad this season is the best i've seen in a very long time, perhaps ever.

14 in a row undefeated, at this rate we'll be the next Aberdeen v Livi Invinc10

lol!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:21 pm

Lawson was MotM for me. A couple of weeks back I was criticising him for looking well off the pace and error prone; well that wasn't the case today.

We made Aberdeen look quite pedestrian in the first half; they raised their game in the second half but we made them look better by taking our foot off the gas. Even then they had very little end product.

Incidentally was Fitzwater injured?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:05 am

Fitzwater wasn't in the squad, couldn't say if he's injured. Something happened to Guthrie during warm up and he didn't feel 100%, so Martindale stuck ATS in as a CB, did a great job too, considering he's hardly played this season. DM also mention Sibbs going over on his ankle which left us a player short on the bench.

Got to laugh at McInnes making excuses about players going off injured and it affecting his team, having to make changes, yeah so did we mate, before the game had even started, Guthrie being a huge loss, as arguably our best player, but we coped.

He was near greetin about not getting that ball off the bar and onto the ground awarded a goal, saying he didn't need to see the replay he just knew it was in. Get it right roond ye McInnes, makes up for our one on Sat.Very Happy

Also if we're talking about not getting the right decision from the officials, Ferguson shouldn't even have been on the pitch for that shot off the bar, he smashed Mullin in the face with a leading forearm in the 32nd min and should've had a red card, doubt McInnes will be taking that into account when making all his excuses though.

They also spent a bit of time looking at it on sportscene, yet totally ignored ours on Sat too, maybe because Martindale wasn't greetin about not getting it right enough. Livi were the better team and deserved the win, he was saying as much about Aberdeen deserving the 3 points on Sat, saying how many chances they had and them needing a striker to put them away, well he signed 3 yesterday and still couldn't score against us, such an ungracious c*** of a man.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:08 am

Just like we didn't get that goal on Saturday, so no referee should be giving that goal tonight against us. The game is played at speed so how can he possibly make that kind of decision on the hoof. Different if VAR or goal line technology comes into play helping with decisions. The refs on both occasions got it right.

Re Lawson, the lad that sits in front of me in the stadium and I have decided that there are actually two Lawsons. There's the one we have who is ok but not brilliant. Then every few games his cousin plays. This Lawson runs the show and impresses everyone. No need to say which one played tonight. Hope he hangs around for the next few games.

I'm blown away by that score tonight. I'd have happily settled for an away draw. What a team we've become. What a manager we've got.

I'm a happy bunny. 😄
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:44 am

Yeh just watched the highlights back.Lawson had a stormer last night.With the lineup at the start i was nervous to say the least,but to a man they stuck to their guns and mostly controlled that game and thoughrally deserved their win.Maybe we got the rub off the green concerning the dissalowed goal,but many times we havent.And that elbow in the face by Ferguson on Josh was diabolical.So many injuries to both teams pre match and during didnt detract from the fighting spirit within the Lions. Its a truely great time to be a Lions supporter just now,but as has been said its so frustrating that we cant be there to cheer on our beloved. We will be back where we belong to show our appreciation of the remarkable efforts of this current squad.Guess we are just going to have to be patient. In the meantime keep it going lads,theres a lot off happy Lions out there.👍🦁👏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:00 pm

Aye as i said though Ferguson shouldn't have been on the pitch 2nd half, so justice was done if his shot was over the line. Wonder if he'll get a retrospective ban offered to him by the CO, trial by sportscene were unanimous it should've been a sending off. Would love it if he does, just to see the seethe from McInnes, no doubt trying to defend him in some way, he's as bad as Gerrard for tinted specs and whataboutery excuses.

Absolutely fantastic getting 4 points from the double header against Aberdeen, esp with them being unbeaten by us since 2004, this was by far our hardest two games in our 14 game undefeated run, DM the master tactician.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Went on a couple of Dons forums match threads for a laugh, how optimistic they were after their signings about gubbing us, and how quickly it all fell to pieces after we scored the first goal. By the end of the thread some were saying they should get Martindale from us, and for him to bring half our players. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 pm

Decent results for us in this round of fixtures, closed the gap on Aberdeen to 5 points, and moved

10 ahead of St Mirren
    11 ahead of Utd
    12 ahead of St Johnstone

opening up a big gap on the teams below us. Pity Hibs won but other than than a good couple of days for us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:08 pm

Next 4 league games could be problematic... they are all in the winnable category & easier on paper than 4 of the last 5 league games... St J & Accies at home DU & St M away followed by the cup final.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm