The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Need to win this one and get back on track for a top 6 finish, which would be incredible having a 3rd consecutive one, esp with the start we had, being bottom of the table not that long ago.

The sheep have a habit of coming here and mugging us for the 3pts though, so we need to get that stopped, hopefully the players are back to their best and get right in about them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 pm

After Tuesday I’d take a draw but I fear the worst again. Aberdeen are not a great side this season but we are so consistently inconsistent that we just don’t know what we’re going to get.

We seemed to have gotten some cohesion only to fall back to our early season failings against Saints.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:28 am

Yeh,I tend to agree.The other night was worrying especially the fannying about at the back.Aberdeen have been inconsistent as well,but theve a knack of punishing us when we've been on top in games.Noubles ridiculous sending off will be a huge miss for us.Davies got to get them up for this as the sheep will come down expecting 3 points from this.For me anything other than a defeat will do for me and hopefully we get our mojo back after the dissapointment of the other night.Mon the Lions.🦁👊👍.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm

What can I say - what a game , almost completely ruined by inept refereeing - Clancy the Clown - is just an embarrassment
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:23 pm

I thought we deserved our 2-0 lead but to their credit Aberdeen upped their game & very nearly salvaged a point but what a tenacious, fighting display to defend the 2-1 lead at the end.

Besuijen is a cheat, plain & simple. He has ability so there really is no need for it but he dives more than Tom Daly. Their defence fouls with impunity but their only defender booked was MacKenzie in injury time. Meanwhile we got 5 yellows for nothing challenges, 1 for dissent (shut your mouth Max!) & 1 for being assaulted resulting in Montano then getting a red & 1 that merited a yellow (Lewis). Clancy was abysmally inept.

Team selection and subs were a puzzle. Adam Lewis being selected was baffling given he’s been nowhere near the starting line up for months. He did ok but did not look match fit which meant he was off the pace, which probably contributed to the foul that got him booked. Chuk shouldn’t have been brought on, like I said after the Saints game he is well short of the pace. He had one good run with the ball but inevitably lost possession easily. Martindale spent the time he was on the pitch yelling at him to chase things & holding his head in hands but he needs to ask himself why he put him on at all. That’s the second young player this season he has destroyed by subbing him off again which is a waste of a substitution.

Enough grumbling though, a brilliant win & credit to them for fighting so hard to keep all 3 points.

Results elsewhere make the top 6 battle a real melting pot & detach the bottom two even more.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:26 pm

After today's episode of the Alan Forrest show....he's still a ball greedy, huffy prick...but he's our ball greedy, huffy prick 😂

Liviforever likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:00 pm

He had the chance to play in others a few times but picked the wrong options. Took his goal superbly tho
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Yeah Forrest was superb again for us, thought Montano had a good game too, so such a pity he was red carded (another feckup by the ref), he's looking pretty decent for us now.

For 65 mins we were cruising it, almost got a 3rd too, then the sheep got one back, Montano got sent off, and it was a drama filled ending to the game. Helped fully by Clancy and his useless officiating.

Bewilderingly the sheep on P&B think they were hard done by on that score too, and were kicked silly by us, fitbaw eh.Shocked lol!

Anyway cracking win in the end, and fully justified, i'd have been gutted had we drawn that game, but wouldn't have been the first time that has happened against Aberdeen, or even losing it. So extremely pleasing to finally get a win against them at the Spaghettihad.

Things are very tight from 5th to 9th, only 3pts separating everyone.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:58 pm

Also, loving Nicky Devlin's passionate celebrations at FT today and at Easter Road last week 😍 it makes a difference when you can see the players give a fuck!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:37 pm

Having seen the highlights we were a wee bit fortunate not to concede a pen. I thought so at the time and the highlights showed Dev getting away with a pull. That said they conned the ref all game with their theatrics so I don’t care a jot.

It was very disciplined of us not to concede a pen in the frenetic final few minutes, esp with so many guys on yellows.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:04 am

I'm always moaning about referees but today was on another level. Funnily enough Clancy booked 5 of our players in the home game v Aberdeen in August. None of their players got a yellow. He clearly has an issue with us.
    They scored a decent goal which made the rest of the game very edgy. I think overall though we deserved the three points. Some of their diving is ludicrous yet today's clown in the middle was taken in repeatedly.
    I'm loving this Forrest who has played in the last few games. He never really got a decent run in the team till now so maybe it is little wonder that he doesn't see his future with us. Hope he changes his mind.
    Montano, like Nouble v St Johnstone was hard done by. Anderson did the pushing. If anything Montano broke the guy's fall.
    If we got a decent result on Wednesday we really could start to look up instead of down but County are a decent team as we saw in the cup game. It's a long road up to Dingwall and its a hard place to play. Best of luck to them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:36 am

Great performance from us us yesterday in trying conditions.The players worked their proverbial socks off and despite under severe pressure near the end dealt with everything Aberdeen and ran out worthy winners imo.The least said about Clancy the better.Horror show from him.Lost count of the number of cards he brandished most soft at best.Will have to see Montanos red back again but by most accounts was very harsh.Think we can appeal it but wouldn't hold my breath.Good to see us back to our old selfs and an important 3 points over the peice. Well done the Lions.🦁👊👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:08 am

Troy wrote:Great performance from us us yesterday in trying conditions.The players worked their proverbial socks off and despite under severe pressure near the end dealt with everything Aberdeen and ran out worthy winners imo.The least said about Clancy the better.Horror show from him.Lost count of the number of cards he brandished most soft at best.Will have to see Montanos red back again but by most accounts was very harsh.Think we can appeal it but wouldn't hold my breath.Good to see us back to our old selfs and an important 3 points over the peice. Well done the Lions.🦁👊👏.

From what i saw on Sportscene Anderson was being hauled to his feet by Besuijen, pushed him away, and Besuijen fell back into Montano who just gave him a slight push out of his way in a helping him on his way. He was already on his way down when Montano arrived, if anyone should've been booked it was Besuijen for grabbing hold on Anderson when he was lying on the ground, and maybe Anderson for pushing him away. However when sommeone is grabbing you hauling you off the ground when you're injured it's a natural reaction to push him away, so even booking Anderson would've been harsh. Besuijen instigated the whole thing getting involved trying to get Anderson onto his feet.

Besuijen did the same trick a couple of minutes later when the ball went out for an Aberdeen corner, went in the face of a Livi defender and spun away onto the ground when the Livi player pushed him back out of his face (i say pushed, it was more a block with his hand to stop him being in his face), but Clancy rightfully ignored it that time.

Troy likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Besuijen is a conman of the highest order, that was obvious from the first tackle on him in which he appeared to be dying but was up & walking without even a limp. Next tackle & he screamed like a teenager on a rollercoaster, thereafter he went down with every breath on him (I exaggerate but you all know what I mean) ….and he had the cheek to pull Anderson up as if Bruce was faking it? Wee nyaff!

What makes it even more annoying is he has ability.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:45 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:Also, loving Nicky Devlin's passionate celebrations at FT today and at Easter Road last week

TBF Devlin is like that after every win & he applauds the fans even when we lose.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Obileye doing a Captain James McPake, waiting till everyone else had gone off the pitch, and then running over and fist pumping to the fans on the way to the tunnel, getting a roar of applause from the fans. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm