The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Dundee Utd

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:00 pm

This should be interesting, Utd have only conceded 6 goals in ten league games, we've scored 6 goals in our last two games, their stingy defence v our clinical goal scoring, only going to be one outcome, 3 pts to Livi. Cool  lol!  

Tam Courts and Utd have surprised everyone this season, even Utd fans, they've been in the shadows a bit too, with all the attention on Hearts, and have just quietly gone about their business, creeping up the table into third place, level points with Hearts, and only 3 pts behind Sevco. They don't score a lot of goals, but they don't have to with their solid defence being joint best in the league, so we really can't afford any blunders in our defence, gifting them a goal.  

Not sure how this will go really, if we continue being as clinical as we've been in our last two games then we could win this, or at the very least get a draw, it will be a real test for our attacking players though, they're a hard unit to break down. Tbh i'd take a draw here, keeping our run going to 3 games undefeated, a win would be amazing, giving us the proverbial free hit against Celtic on Sat. Mon the Livi Lions, you can do this, go get those 3 pts. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Re: Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm

When a high scoring attack meets a low conceding defence… it is usually the defence that wins because it’s easier to prevent a goal than to score one.

I agree they have taken everyone by surprise with their results so far, ending the Hun run if I remember correctly arguably being the highlight.

A draw would be an excellent result in these circumstances. The plastic pitch may be something they don’t know how to deal with, with us being the only one in the top tier just now & this being their first visit this season, but this is more a hope than an expectation.

Tough game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:36 am

Yeh,agree Bertie.This is a tough one to call.As you say United are on a rich vein of form and I suspect the Arab fans will be confident of getting a result here.Any advantage be it pitch or other weve got to take here.Hopefully our returning injuries have eased and agree our defence will have to be at the top of their game to get something from this before the daunting game at Parkhead on Saturday. Let's worry about that later and come out the blocks and impose ourselves on the game and go for it it.Good luck Livi,Cmon the Lions.👍🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 am

Talking of injuries, Might see Parkes starting here, with Fitzwater going off injured against County, just hope Obileye is ok after taking a sore one in that game too.

In recent games against Utd, they've had a habit of taking out our players, Hardie in the last league game of the season before the play offs, then Rafa in the return leg of the play offs. Sure last season they nobbled a player too, think it was when Poplatnik got clattered and had a spell out after starting to show some form. Wee Brucie better watch himself.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 am

Yeh,remember both Hardie and Rafa getting cropped by them.Hopefully weve a decent ref.Hope Obiley is ok.Not sure about Parkes starting,if he's fit enough as well.🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:43 pm

Both Fitzwater and Obileye starting, Montano and Omeonga out for Forrest and Williamson.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Well Bruce took a sore one but it was somewhat self inflicted.

Enjoyed the game despite yet another set of inept officials.
    Couldn’t see what merited a straight red for Williamson, admittedly I don’t have the best view of that area of the pitch but I caught a glimpse of it on a phone & it looked like he trod on the United lad’s foot, if that merits a straight red then they need to outlaw all physical contact. Ref couldn’t wait to get his red card out.

There were a number of poor decisions for throw-ins, corners/goal kicks & fouls. Mulgrew manhandled Bailey a few times, at least once dumping him on the ground but they all went unpunished.

First half was fairly open with some good play by both sides, we got a wee bit of luck for our goal but I thought we just deserved the lead at that point of the game. The equaliser was good quick passing from them & a bit of “statues” from our defence.

Second half was obviously going to be backs to the wall but we caused them problems & apart from one excellent save by Max he was pretty much untroubled by their efforts.

Over the piece 1-1 was about right…but who knows what might have happened if we had 11 men in the second half.

While a draw between County & Dundee would have kept everything as it was a County win means we are 1 point further ahead of 11th.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:25 pm

Looks like he caught him on the ankle and then went onto his foot, another rash challenge by Williamson, really could do without him playing, we've better players on the bench.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1453446756658778113

Good point considering we played the 2nd half with 10 men, and had to take Anderson off. Still hit them with a few good counters and could've got a winner with that ball hit across the inside of the 6 yard box. Liked how we played it out of defence whenever we could too, and weren't just lumping everything up the pitch. Looked like it should've been a red card for the double team on Devlin too, they got away with one there.

Kelly had a good game as well, won every header down the line from Stryjek, actually looking ok at LB/LWB, just don't play him as a CB again. Liking our from 4 attacking players too, they were showing plenty movement and looking very good. Forrest was doing nice overlaps with Kelly too, playing it on for him to get balls into the box.

The lucky Bawbags are still working, 3 games undefeated, lets see what they can do for us against Celtic now. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:45 pm

Yeah, seeing it on the telly just now it looks worse than I had previously thought. And I did United a disservice, Max made two very good saves.

And yes United should have had a red card for the foul on Devlin that went unpunished, he then got to his feet & fired in a decent low cross. Maybe if he screamed and stayed down the ref would have brandished the red card but I doubt it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 am

Hard to add to whats already been said,but il try.Horrendous night for football.I was right in front of the red card incident.Stupid tackle from Williamson but Glass didn't half make a meal of it especially with the stupid scream as if he'd been shot.The officials especially the fourth had a mare and was never away from our dugout all night.Davies obviously spoken out of turn at a time when tensions were high,was missed in the dugout.A gutsy second half from us earned a very good point.Couple of good saves from Max as well,and was pleasing to have lost count the amount of wayward shots from United that we restricted them to.For me this ended as a contest with the red card and Bruce being withdrawn at half time though credit to the boys for that 2nd half performance. Holt and Forrest were magnificent, both at least gave us an attacking option up front.Satisfied with a well earned point,although part of me feels we could have sneaked that with a full compliment of players.Only Parkhead next.🙈.Bring it on.🤣.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:55 am

Pretty happy with that point. All three would have felt like an unbelievable result, but it wasn't to be. Dundee Utd's goal highlighted how sloppy our defence can be all too often. It was a passing move right off the training ground, silly stuff and it knocked the stuffing out of us as we were dominating the game at that point. Not sure if I'm being biased but although Williamson's challenge was silly and stunk of inexperience, we've probably seen similar incidents end with a booking. The ref had a mad five minutes flashing the red at Williamson then at someone in our dugout (Imrie?). You could have been forgiven for thinking it was the ref's first top flight game and was feeling the pressure a bit. But I think we looked good overall, and my constant Livi negativity (Livi-tivity) this season is starting to slowly wash off of me. Slowly Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:05 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:Pretty happy with that point.  All three would have felt like an unbelievable result, but it wasn't to be.  Dundee Utd's goal highlighted how sloppy our defence can be all too often.  It was a passing move right off the training ground, silly stuff and it knocked the stuffing out of us as we were dominating the game at that point.  Not sure if I'm being biased but although Williamson's challenge was silly and stunk of inexperience, we've probably seen similar incidents end with a booking.  The ref had a mad five minutes flashing the red at Williamson then at someone in our dugout (Imrie?).  You could have been forgiven for thinking it was the ref's first top flight game and was feeling the pressure a bit.  But I think we looked good overall, and my constant Livi negativity (Livi-tivity) this season is starting to slowly wash off of me.  Slowly Laughing

It was Martindale that got sent off, according to what i've read it was the 4th official being a wee jumped up hitler aunt putting his hands on DM to stop him going over to the linesman to ask what had happened for the Williamson red card, and he told the 4th official to take his hands off him. 4th official said DM was being confrontational and using abusive language, DM saying he never swore at him and will be appealing the card.

4th official was asked by DM what abusive language he was he meant to have said and the wee hitler wouldn't answer him, just said it'll be in my report.

I'm inclined to believe Martindale's version, not for biased reasons because i'm a Livi fan, but we've all seen those types in the SFA, the power trip egotists that get a high on it, and refuse to explain themselves, just start brandishing cards. If approached in the correct manner these officials absolutely should explain decisions to either the Captains of the teams, or manager, but they hide from being put in a position of explaining decisions, mostly because they know they got them wrong, or just see themselves as some sort of god that shouldn't have to explain themselves to plebs such as footballers and managers, and circle the wagons. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the appeal, though i've a feeling they'll just believe the 4th officials made up version to cover his arse.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:00 pm

Had to watch those two saves from Max in the second half again.Didnt realise how good they were at the time.Take a bow son.👏👍🦁.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:04 pm

The red card killed a decent game of football. Strangely enough I think there is a possibility we might have ended up getting beat with 11 men. United looked dangerous with every attack in the first half and our defenders are shaky at the best of times. They found it difficult to adjust in the second as we sat in and defended for our lives.
    As for the penalty, it was given because of the scream. To me Williamson stepped on Glass's foot. The footage suggests that he may have scraped Glass's lower leg but it certainly does not prove it. There was little damage done anyway as he skipped up after treatment none the worse for wear. A yellow card at most.
    Good showings from Holt, Pittman Obileye and Max.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:59 am

Liviforever wrote:
    ol1vercloff wrote:Pretty happy with that point.  All three would have felt like an unbelievable result, but it wasn't to be.  Dundee Utd's goal highlighted how sloppy our defence can be all too often.  It was a passing move right off the training ground, silly stuff and it knocked the stuffing out of us as we were dominating the game at that point.  Not sure if I'm being biased but although Williamson's challenge was silly and stunk of inexperience, we've probably seen similar incidents end with a booking.  The ref had a mad five minutes flashing the red at Williamson then at someone in our dugout (Imrie?).  You could have been forgiven for thinking it was the ref's first top flight game and was feeling the pressure a bit.  But I think we looked good overall, and my constant Livi negativity (Livi-tivity) this season is starting to slowly wash off of me.  Slowly Laughing

It was Martindale that got sent off, according to what i've read it was the 4th official being a wee jumped up hitler aunt putting his hands on DM to stop him going over to the linesman to ask what had happened for the Williamson red card, and he told the 4th official to take his hands off him. 4th official said DM was being confrontational and using abusive language, DM saying he never swore at him and will be appealing the card.

4th official was asked by DM what abusive language he was he meant to have said and the wee hitler wouldn't answer him, just said it'll be in my report.

I'm inclined to believe Martindale's version, not for biased reasons because i'm a Livi fan, but we've all seen those types in the SFA, the power trip egotists that get a high on it, and refuse to explain themselves, just start brandishing cards. If approached in the correct manner these officials absolutely should explain decisions to either the Captains of the teams, or manager, but they hide from being put in a position of explaining decisions, mostly because they know they got them wrong, or just see themselves as some sort of god that shouldn't have to explain themselves to plebs such as footballers and managers, and circle the wagons. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the appeal, though i've a feeling they'll just believe the 4th officials made up version to cover his arse.

Martindale seems like the kind of man to swear during his wedding vows Laughing I read an article this morning where Martindale said the linesman told him he didn't hear anything because he had an earpiece in. The ref can then say that he heard Martindale swearing, and the ban will be upheld just like that. Realistically if every individual on the pitch or in the dugout got sent off for swearing at the ref, there would be no one left involved in the game Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:54 am

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Martindale seems like the kind of man to swear during his wedding vows Laughing I read an article this morning where Martindale said the linesman told him he didn't hear anything because he had an earpiece in.  The ref can then say that he heard Martindale swearing, and the ban will be upheld just like that.  Realistically if every individual on the pitch or in the dugout got sent off for swearing at the ref, there would be no one left involved in the game Rolling Eyes

Maybe, but i think a lot of people would've heard him if he swore at the guy, he isn't exactly quiet during a game, and he's adamant he didn't, and that Imrie & Bartley would back him up on it. As you say though, can't see it being overturned.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:03 am

orco wrote:The red card killed a decent game of football. Strangely enough I think there is a possibility we might have ended up getting beat with 11 men. United looked dangerous with every attack in the first half and our defenders are shaky at the best of times. They found it difficult to adjust in the second as we sat in and defended for our lives.
    As for the penalty, it was given because of the scream. To me Williamson stepped on Glass's foot. The footage suggests that he may have scraped Glass's lower leg but it certainly does not prove it. There was little damage done anyway as he skipped up after treatment none the worse for wear. A yellow card at most.
    Good showings from Holt, Pittman Obileye and Max.

Yeah it was pretty entertaining in the first half, with us having the best of it. Anderson being subbed, to put on a replacement for Williamson, changed how we were playing, giving us no focal point for our attacks, to bring the attacking mid 3 into the game. We dropped back into our final 3rd to hit them on the counter from there. They were slow in the build up, and we were quick on the break, which made it a bit of a cat and mouse game. Still had a great chance with Devlin's ball across the 6 yard box, and a few set pieces, where we could've nicked it, and Stryjek pulled off a couple of big saves to give us a point.

Reckon the 2nd quarter will see a few teams getting a fright if they think it'll be like the first time we played them, the team has improved quite a bit the last 3 games.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:33 pm

I suspect that regardless of Davies innocence or guilt.He will fail in his appeal.Its the SFA for gods sake.They as usual will protect their own rather than make him out to be the arsehole that he undoubtedly is.Nea luck gaffer.🙈🤷‍�.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm