The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Afro
EdinburghLivi
Livi2IDie
Edward snowdon
Auld Nick
LiviLion
LiviCub
Smithy
Liviforever
Lexi Collector
14 posters

Patter relating to the Raif game

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Patter relating to the Raif game  Empty Patter relating to the Raif game

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Raif Rovers.

We usually have a lot of joy against this lot. No matter how pish we are, my confidence levels always go up when we play them. Having said that, they've already beaten us at Almondvale, so I'm gonna go for an away win. 2-1. Hips might start, McKenna and Pittman won't, but all 3 should. Cole should probably be given a start as well. I have absolutely no idea what tactics/ideas Burchill will use on Saturday, but they'll probably be a load of fuck.

As a side note, I met Jason Thomson in Opal Lounge last night. Kept on singing that 'Livi are the team for me' song. Good lad.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Patter relating to the Raif game  Empty Re: Patter relating to the Raif game

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Can't really be arsed right now after that pish yesterday but hopefully the players feel ashamed of that performance and they show some fight next week.
    Oh and ffs get a RB playing in there next week we've 3 available now.

Alloa and Cowden play the Edin teams next week so a fantastic opportunity for us to peg them both back to 3 points, so lets get stuck right into this Livi tribute act.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Just hope he plays 442 and goes for it.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am

Get these bunch of duds on double training sessions until they know how to take set pieces, string more than three passes together, try not to concede in the first 45 mins of a match and finish in front of goal. After that, we might have a chance.

Nah will we fuck. 3-1 to Raith, FG 11 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:44 am

Agree with Lexi, would like to see Hippo, McKenna and Pittman all get a chance from the off after the difference they made on Saturday. I'm not sure if I would drop White or not, he hasn't been up to much at all the past few weeks and why Ibra was hooked at half-time on Saturday is mystifying. At this point in the season we just have to go for it, and Raith Rovers aren't a million miles away from us in terms of quality. We did cuff them 5-1 not too long ago.

If Burchill gets his tactics sorted and gives the players a rocket up the arse I think we'll win. 1-0 Livi, FG 68 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Sekajja
    Hips - Glen - McKenna
    Kn. Jacobs - O'Brien
    Talbot - Gallagher - Sives - Cole
    Jamieson

Hope we just have a go, nothing to lose now. Every game is a must win if we want to avoid the drop so hopefully we start with a win against Raith. Wasn't at the Falkirk game but it sounded (and looked, going by the highlights) like grim stuff so hopefully Burchill has given them a boot up the arse and we get a similar performance to what we got when we played this lot away.

2-1 Livi, FG 29 mins. Try and remain positive...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Not sure it'll be a 1-0 if we manage to win, we'll prob either give them a doing or lose by 1 goal.

Reckon we're better than this lot in a head to head quality wise, they won with an off side goal which was allowed and we were the better team apart from our usual not sticking the ball in the net, then we scudded them 5-1 when we did put the ball in the net, so lets make sure we stick it in the net.

Last stand stuff as we need a win here so going to be positive and go for 3-0 Livi. FG 9 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 pm

As LF has suggested this game would be the ideal one to win in order to close the gap on the grueseome twosome above us as they can't be expected to get anything from the Edinburgh Ugly Sisters. So going by our tendency to make a complete pig's ear of our chances to improve our position over the last couple of years....

Liv 0 Raith 2 FG 33 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Read a couple of articles relating to Cole and Donaldson and fear Dycey will be playing RB again. Burchill mentioned both were short of match fitness (which we knew) and got the feeling they'd have to play a few more Development games before getting in the first team.

I'd rather play them both a half each at RB than Dycey tbh, both have pace and would do a better job half fit than a fully fit Dycey at RB. Cole is good in the air too which is always needed for defending corners and attacking set pieces.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Liviforever wrote:Read a couple of articles relating to Cole and Donaldson and fear Dycey will be playing RB again. Burchill mentioned both were short of match fitness (which we knew) and got the feeling they'd have to play a few more Development games before getting in the first team.

I'd rather play them both a half each at RB than Dycey tbh, both have pace and would do a better job half fit than a fully fit Dycey at RB. Cole is good in the air too which is always needed for defending corners and attacking set pieces.
    Went and watched the development game on Tuesday which they both played in and both are definitely not ready. This isn't just fitness Donaldson was very poor the Stenny left winger beat him constantly his passing and touch was also poor. Not critical just saying he is not ready after so long out. Cole is unfitter but actually looked quite good and has a bit off bite about him , BD was right back Cole played midfield so was a hard shift for him.
    I notice on this forum and the other s that people are always asking for players when I really have to ask the question have you actually seen them play lately Cole hasn't played since May and Donaldson hasn't played all season and never played at all for Hibs first team, so where is BD case is he suddenly better than Dycey
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Read a couple of articles relating to Cole and Donaldson and fear Dycey will be playing RB again. Burchill mentioned both were short of match fitness (which we knew) and got the feeling they'd have to play a few more Development games before getting in the first team.

Went and watched the development game on Tuesday which they both played in and both are definitely not ready. This isn't just fitness Donaldson was very poor the Stenny left winger beat him constantly his passing and touch was also poor. Not critical just saying he is not ready after so long out. Cole is unfitter but actually looked quite good and has a bit off bite about him , BD was right back Cole played midfield so was a hard shift for him.
    I notice on this forum and the other s that people are always asking for players when I really have to ask the question have you actually seen them play lately Cole hasn't played since May and Donaldson hasn't played all season and never played at all for Hibs first team, so where is BD case is he suddenly better than Dycey
    Edward you will get banned from here as you talk too much sense lol.

I've put stats up on another post and Dycey has contributed far more in assists than our central midfield but hey ho why let fact get in the way of people's agendas. One guy can't remember who said before that Dyceys deliveries were the the best in the team and he was ridiculed. I think all our fans should maybe look through the highlights of games in the cold light of day and maybe revise their opinions of players. I will hold my hands up and say that Hippo is probably much better and can contribute to the team more than I've given him credit for. Just wish he could perform when playing from the start..

I'm going to put up cup games stats soon and a total competitive games stats too because sometimes we as fans have opinions based on lots of things rather than facts.

I know it's all based on goals and assists but its goals that we need to keep us in the Championship.

Hope it makes interesting reading and maybe we will see the wood from the trees as to which players are performing and valuable to the team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:

Don't see the point in signing Cole if he's only here till the end of the season and isn't near ready to play, we haven't many games left to play. Dycey is murder at RB and is a liability there, my basis for putting someone else in at RB is solely on how bad he is playing there and can't see anyone being much worse.

Smithy, stats are easy to say what you want them to, only decent ball I've seen Dycey play for an assist was the one he got from Beaumont that had him at the bye line and he crossed for Burchill, any other time I've seen him he hits it from the diagonal about 35 yards back as he wont take players on and hits it from wherever he gets the ball. As for defending, he is far too slow and will struggle against any player with pace, got caught out twice against Falkirk for both their goals.

I just want a natural RB playing, or someone who can play there, Moffat hasn't even had a game yet played pre season and read he did ok.

I like Dycey, but only as a CB, and alongside Gallagher as Sives and Dycey didn't work.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 am

Stats don't lie LF and he has assisted in a few goals , maybe his defensive qualities are not the best but seriously we berate the likes of Dycey and yet he has contributed more to the team than Keaghan and Bobo . It's things like that that really gets  me annoyed. We need more productivity from centre mid that's whyI feel that Pitman should start there. Cole is a strange signing indeed because if he is weeks away from fitness why sign him.

On Dycey in league games

Assist for White LIVI 4 Alloa 0
    Assist for Mullen LIVI 2 QOTS 2
    And as you quoted
    Assist for Burchy LIVI 5 Raith 1

2 assists more than Keaghan

3 assists more than Bobo

Those are the facts pal.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:04 am

I'll take my hat off for Dycey making his contributions for the three assists and one goal, but he's given away more than he's contributed. As LF mentioned, two goals against Falkirk last week came from his wing and in the back-to-back games against Hearts, he failed to shut the winger down for their second goal and Walker had him in his back pocket for the game at Tynecastle and eventually leading to their only goal of the game. If for whatever reason we can't play Moffat, Donaldson or Cole, at least put Kyle there if you're wanting to give the likes of Praprotnik or Pittman a shot in CM.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:46 pm

LiviCub wrote:I'll take my hat off for Dycey making his contributions for the three assists and one goal, but he's given away more than he's contributed. As LF mentioned, two goals against Falkirk last week came from his wing and in the back-to-back games against Hearts, he failed to shut the winger down for their second goal and Walker had him in his back pocket for the game at Tynecastle and eventually leading to their only goal of the game. If for whatever reason we can't play Moffat, Donaldson or Cole, at least put Kyle there if you're wanting to give the likes of Praprotnik or Pittman a shot in CM.

Totally agree LC and fair play to Dycey on the assists but he tends to gets caught for goals unfortunately and that's why Burchy has signed Cole and I do feel sorry for Moffat obviously deemed not quite ready.

From Smithy's assist's stats in the league the fact one of our defenders has had the same overall assists in the league than our midfield make horrible reading from our midfield this season.

I've seen a lot of criticism at the defense and strikers this season on forums and in the stands however not much is said about the most important area on the park the midfield! I mean wtf are we actually doing in there, we need more creativity and more goals if we are going stay up especially from our better and more experienced midfielders (O'Brien & Keaghan) and I rate these two players but being nice and pretty on the ball isn't going to cut the mustard in our position! O'Brien has never scored for us in the league because he's a defensive midfielder which is fine but we need more from him and all our midfielders to help the defense and attack - because really the midfield is the most important and so far these statistics some up my concern about the midfield this season - not good enough!

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Smithy wrote:Stats don't lie LF and he has assisted in a few goals , maybe his defensive qualities are not the best but seriously we berate the likes of Dycey and yet he has contributed more to the team than Keaghan and Bobo . It's things like that that really gets  me annoyed. We need more productivity from centre mid that's whyI feel that Pitman should start there. Cole is a strange signing indeed because if he is weeks away from fitness why sign him.

Assist  for White LIVI 4 Alloa 0
    On  Dycey in league games

And as you quoted

3 assists more than Bobo

Those are the facts pal.

They may be stats but they don't tell a true story, or at least give you the full picture, assists just mean the last player to make a pass to whoever scored, not how good a delivery it was or how much the scorer had to do with the ball to score. Like I said his delivery to Burchill was right on the button, can't honestly say I've been impressed with any other ball I've seen him put in, they're usually hit from the diagonal in a speculative manner. What it does highlight though is how poor our midfield are at feeding our strikers.

Stats can say what you want them to, for instance and this isn't to get at White, his goal scoring tally is decent, a bit less than we're used to as we've been blessed with prolific goal scorers in the past and prob a bit spoilt, but if you take his games scored to played ratio it isn't that good. Out of 33 games he's played this season he's scored in 7 of them, that's almost a 1 in every 5 games ratio and 26 games where he hasn't scored a goal. Sums up our team and season though, sporadic and not consistent enough, from everyone.

I've berated O'Brien and Keaghan too, Keaghan lost the ball in midfield that gave Hearts the break up field for their first goal and O'Brien backed off same as Dycey did last week to allow the Hearts player to pick out a player for their 2nd. If I see a poor display i'll say so, don't have any favourites that get a pass. Keaghan hasn't taken anywhere near enough shots at goal this season, he should be chipping in with 6 or 7 goals from midfield.

O'Brien is more likely to be the player who makes a pass to the player that assists a goal though, than the actual assist, that stat wont be available.

Read Dycey has a hand injury and wont be playing, so either Cole, Donaldson or Moffat will get the nod or Kyle/ANOTHER who isn't a natural RB will get put in there. To make it clear I have no ill will towards Dycey I don't rate Kyle at RB either.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Interesting livi forever saying Dycey has a hand injury perhaps thats why last week Gallagher was taking the throw ins ?
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:Stats don't lie LF and he has assisted in a few goals , maybe his defensive qualities are not the best but seriously we berate the likes of Dycey and yet he has contributed more to the team than Keaghan and Bobo . It's things like that that really gets  me annoyed. We need more productivity from centre mid that's whyI feel that Pitman should start there. Cole is a strange signing indeed because if he is weeks away from fitness why sign him.

Assist  for White LIVI 4 Alloa 0
    On  Dycey in league games

And as you quoted

3 assists more than Bobo

Those are the facts pal.

They may be stats but they don't tell a true story, or at least give you the full picture, assists just mean the last player to make a pass to whoever scored, not how good a delivery it was or how much the scorer had to do with the ball to score. Like I said his delivery to Burchill was right on the button, can't honestly say I've been impressed with any other ball I've seen him put in, they're usually hit from the diagonal in a speculative manner. What it does highlight though is how poor our midfield are at feeding our strikers.

Stats can say what you want them to, for instance and this isn't to get at White, his goal scoring tally is decent, a bit less than we're used to as we've been blessed with prolific goal scorers in the past and prob a bit spoilt, but if you take his games scored to played ratio it isn't that good. Out of 33 games he's played this season he's scored in 7 of them, that's almost a 1 in every 5 games ratio and 26 games where he hasn't scored a goal. Sums up our team and season though, sporadic and not consistent enough, from everyone.

I've berated O'Brien and Keaghan too, Keaghan lost the ball in midfield that gave Hearts the break up field for their first goal and O'Brien backed off same as Dycey did last week to allow the Hearts player to pick out a player for their 2nd. If I see a poor display i'll say so, don't have any favourites that get a pass. Keaghan hasn't taken anywhere near enough shots at goal this season, he should be chipping in with 6 or 7 goals from midfield.

O'Brien is more likely to be the player who makes a pass to the player that assists a goal though, than the actual assist, that stat wont be available.

Read Dycey has a hand injury and wont be playing, so either Cole, Donaldson or Moffat will get the nod or Kyle/ANOTHER who isn't a natural RB will get put in there. To make it clear I have no ill will towards Dycey I don't rate Kyle at RB either.

You've got one thing spot on it highlights how poor our midfield are at feeding the striker - I think that the main point here, it isn't good enough.

Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 am

3-1 Livi with FG in 11 mins
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 am

It's pretty irrelevant how many assists he provides as a right-back when we ship so many goals down his side of the pitch.

Huge game today. 1-0 Livi 35 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:It's pretty irrelevant how many assists he provides as a right-back when we ship so many goals down his side of the pitch.

And there's the clincher. I know it's impossible unless someone has access to full LiviTV recordings, but I'd love to know Fordyce's cross completion rate compared to Keaghan's and BoB's.

If I've read correctly, Raith only have one striker available to them today. They're there for the taking.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Craig Barr making his debut today for Raith, hopefully he doesn't do too well.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:33 pm

0-2 and 2 down in the first half again with Burchill making a double sub at halftime. 3 centre forwards start a game we really didn't want to lose. Many under performed but what the hell is Danny Mullen doing in a Livi Jersey he yet again was dreadful but got 90 mins what chance have we got
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Yet again I don't know where to start with that. An absolute disgrace, and I sincerely very few of these players are here much longer. Rightly booed off at HT & FT, and they deserve it. Shocking attendance today, and no wonder. A load of complete and absolute disgraceful fuck. I'm 100% done with this mob. Can't see us winning another game all season. Fuck off.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 pm

In before Smithy says we missed Fordyce's crossing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am