The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
livikev
Smithy
mozam76
Afro
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
LiviCub
12 posters

Livi v Dumbarton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dumbarton Empty Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Buzzing for this game, just hope I'm still buzzing after the final whistle, have to get the 3 points here.

Not much to say really, just want us to get stuck in and give it everything so there is no regrets. Mon the Amber Machine. cheers
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Livi v Dumbarton Empty Re: Livi v Dumbarton

Post by LiviCub Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:04 pm

No idea which Livingston team will turn up. Dumbarton have a solid record against us under Ian Murray as they've won their last four at Almondvale so it won't be easy. 3 points for the AM by any means necessary, please.

Too scared at this moment in time to make a prediction. I'll get back to you all later in the week.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:38 pm

2-1 Dumbarton
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:2-1 Dumbarton

Mon Bertie take a gamble on a Livi win to catch Lexi up in the predictions. pirat
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:22 pm

3-1 livi first goal 5 mins, looking forward to White coming back into play upfront with Ibra now that we have found a centre midfield two who can create some decent balls forward.

I think we will win with some style.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Mon Bertie take a gamble on a Livi win to catch Lexi up in the predictions. pirat

Buoyed by the confidence that must be coursing through the ranks...

Livi 2 Dumbarton 2

FG 18 mins

Sorry LF couldn't bring myself to predict a win....I don't think I've been right at anytime that I have done so this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Buoyed by the confidence that must be coursing through the ranks...

Livi 2 Dumbarton 2

FG 18 mins

Sorry LF couldn't bring myself to predict a win....I don't think I've been right at anytime that I have done so this season.

You could be right, we drew with both Cowden and Alloa last time we had a chance to get above them if we won. Just hoping Cole and Pittman playing make the difference this time round, plus Ibra continuing to get himself tap ins when he follows in any balls into the keeper. Big White is due a wee splurge too, the stars and the planets are aligned for a Livi win.

3-0 Livi, fg 8 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Hopefully the result at Castle Greyskull was the start of the turnaround and not just our usual decent performance against a big team and back to being shit the next week. Cole and Pittman impressed me on Saturday so I'd like to see them start again, think Hippo should get a start as well with Ibra there too.

2-1 Livi, FG 30 mins.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 pm

If we win this I'll take one of my mates old Hearts tops and post a picture on this thread of me wearing it with a bit of paper saying 'I'm Lexi Collector and I'm a big massive idiot'.

I can't see us winning this unfortunately.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:50 am

If the players aren't geed up by the prospect of going only 3 points behind Cowden and Alloa, we've got no chance.

I am hoping beyond all recognisable methods that we get a win. Please?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:30 am

Lexi Collector wrote:If we win this I'll take one of my mates old Hearts tops and post a picture on this thread of me wearing it with a bit of paper saying 'I'm Lexi Collector and I'm a big massive idiot'.

Never mind the Hearts top get one of you in the gimp mask doing a handbrake turn in a pegeot 106 down Asda car park.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm being brave and predicting a win here.

Who for though, I don't know.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:If we win this I'll take one of my mates old Hearts tops and post a picture on this thread of me wearing it with a bit of paper saying 'I'm Lexi Collector and I'm a big massive idiot'.

Never mind the Hearts top get one of you in the gimp mask doing a handbrake turn in a pegeot 106 down Asda car park.

I wouldn't be seen dead in such automotive shame.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

2-2. FG 6 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm

I believe this will be a home win and am pretty comfortable that Cowdenbeath will lose at Q0S but am not so sure about Raith Rovers v Alloa. They will have their tails up after the draw at Ibrox and I'm not sure RR strikers will be good enough to break them down.

Notice they also now have Michael Chopra on their books
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:14 pm

I think Cowden are our first target with their piss poor GD, Alloa are a bit like us though, can't hit the back of the net so still think Raith will beat them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 pm

And yet they have score 5 against the Huns in 2 games (when they won 3-2 & the 2-2 draw)
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:01 am

I was at a charity football quiz night last Friday with my work and Ian Murray was there in a team called 'Hibs Reserves'. They won.

C'mon boys, seek revenge against him and his mob.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:And yet they have score 5 against the Huns in 2 games (when they won 3-2 & the 2-2 draw)

And scored less goals than us this season, so seems they also raise their game playing a big team.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:03 am

Just thinking what team I would put out today to maximise the points in what I feel is a must win game even if the manager does not believe it is.

DJ
    Kyle/Dycey                   Sives.             Gallagher          Talbot
    Keaghan.                      Cole.               Pitman.            Mullen
                                      White.              Ibra

442 go at them from the start and we should be comfortable , it's time to sart getting wins at home and points on the board.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:35 pm

That was awful.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Every game against Dumbarton at home is the same. We go 1 up, comfy as fuck, give away a cheap goal, heads go down - we lose very late on.

Relegation a certainty, I don't why I'm bothering but I'm absolutely raging now. Why did he fucking take Pittman off? Absolute cunts this lot.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Just back in, totally deflated. Absolutely pathetic from the players today again, but I don't think any of us have come to expect anything less from them. To dominate for 80 minutes against a totally inferior side and then throw it away is totally indicative of our season and the mental strength this squad has. Burchill has to shoulder some of the blame for this, because everytime I've read the backpage of the Courier since mid-December has been some airy fairy soundbite from him about progress and positivity, when in actual fact he should be sending a fucking rocket up the arse of each and every one of these useless bastards. Should take a look at himself as well, fair enough playing one up front away to Hibs and Rangers but with two up front we would've been out of sight of Dumbarton today, they were a pile of shite. Says more about us than them that we're walking away again with fuck all.

Going down, no doubt about it. A win today would've gave us a bounce going into next week and the cup final, but what's the fucking point? Not even sure I can be arsed trekking up to Perth to see us be embarrassed on national TV. Think there's a thread about it on LL, couple of folk saying the same thing as me and I would've been the exact opposite up until today. The spineless shitebags deserve nothing, lifting a trophy then going down with such a whimper would be horrendous.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Baffling. Absolutely baffling. As Lexi said, we go 1-0 up against these route one, pub team duffers and we chuck it. Wasteful in front of goal after we scored, Ibra should've got a couple. Fair enough we reward the players who got the draw against Rangers with the same starting team but Rangers and Dumbarton are miles apart from how different they play. Mullen should've came off and brought on White or Boulding to support Ibra and kill the game off. Kyle was at fault for their equaliser but did anyone hear a Livingston player shout "man on"? And their winner was just a simple case of ball watching as Fleming had all the time to volley the winner.

We're going down. That was the final straw. Just give me a cup final win and I'll be moderately satisfied.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Thought the same as above posts, Ibra needed another player up front as he was running around chasing down balls but didn't have anyone to pass to. Also agree Pittman should've stayed on as he was helping to boss our midfield, and I'd have subbed Mullen for White with at least 25 mins to go. Another goal would've killed the game off but we should've still been able to see it out at 1-0. Kyle dallied with the ball until he got mugged and then fouled their player, just had a sinking feeling in my stomach seeing where their free kick was, you just knew they were going to score,

Their 2nd goal prob makes no difference to us, we needed all 3 points here. Alloa and Cowden have lost today too but we can't win games to catch them and have no confidence we'll beat alloa next week either.

Was a sore one as we were pretty comfortable all game after getting an early goal, the game had kinda died down too as there was no tempo or urgency from either team, which suited us, gutted to lose but I'm not even angry about it now, I've gone past that stage and am onto acceptance, we're going down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am