The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Lexi Collector
EdinburghLivi
Afro
orco
LiviCub
Liviforever
10 posters

Sponsoring a Player

Poll

Would you be interested chipping in?

[ 6 ]
    Sponsoring a Player Bar_left86%Sponsoring a Player Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Sponsoring a Player Bar_left14%Sponsoring a Player Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Poll closed
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sponsoring a Player Empty Sponsoring a Player

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:24 pm

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/team/player-sponsorship/

If enough of us were interested we could do one for the LIVI ROOM and do a raffle at the end of the season between everyone to hand out the signed shirt etc.

• Your name/company name listed in every Match day magazine.
    • Autographed colour photograph of your player and yourself.
    • Your player will be available to attend events and functions on your request subject to availability.
    • At the end of the season you will receive your players’ autographed jersey

The LiviLions did it once and I won the shirt. Laughing

The more up for it the cheaper the cost to do it, anyhoo just an idea to suss out if we can get enough folk to do it.

If it happens perhaps EL could set up a paypal or something to get the dosh.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Sponsoring a Player Empty Re: Sponsoring a Player

Post by LiviCub Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 pm

If we get the numbers then I'll put my name down on the condition it has got to be Shags White for Lexi's sake.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

I would chip in.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Aye, I'd be up for this.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Tried this last year and it failed badly but hopefully we can get 9 people at £20 each.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:24 pm

I'm in. Agree with Livi Cub though, Shags is my favourite player so I'd like to sponsor him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:47 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Tried this last year and it failed badly but hopefully we can get 9 people at £20 each.

To be honest this is the wrong way to go about this sort of things guys.

You can get pledges on here but the real struggle will be to actually collect the funds; not saying people would be reluctant to pay but on something like a internet forum where very few people know each other its messy.

How about the following:

Create a form with LiviRoom Player Sponsorship on the top (include the web address underneath for reference and perhaps encourage others to view the site). This really only needs two columns, the name of the donor (either real name of forum handle) and amount donated).

Place the form In Livingston FC reception; the first donation should hopefully reserve the shirt then people can pop into reception when they can to make a donation and fill in the form - obviously clear it with Livi FC first but I would hope they were fully receptive to the idea.

As one shirt sponsorship is £100, in theory this will require only ten donors paying £10 each but some spongers on society - sorry I meant students - could probably only really afford a fiver but it all helps. Once the target of £100 is met you could then aim for the £150 target and secure both home and away sponsorship.

With the sponsorship comes things like the group photograph and the agreement that the sponsored player would attend functions subject to availability - instead of attending functions would it be possible to get white or whoever to provide a weekly or monthly blog to the site similar to the mango one for the official site?

Moving on to the shirt or shirts I would suggest that for every fiver people donate they get a ticket in the raffle; if the same person gets both home and away shirts then its their choice which one they keep and which one goes back into the pot.

If you're short of money then a couple of volunteers standing outside the ground with a bucket for player sponsorship for an hour ahead of the Motherwell game must generate at least £40 - £50
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 pm

I just handed Phantom Livi Lass my dosh for the LiviLions sponsoring a player, think it was Dov that organized it and she pretty much knows everyone at the club. Smile

I'm up for doing it anyway, however we're doing it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:20 am

I agree with Durnford on the principle of setting it up properly but his figures are out; according to the site its £150 per shirt, so we'd need 15 folk chipping in a tenner as a baseline.

So, I'm interested in principle, would prefer the player to be Hippo or Pittman but not overly bothered.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Add VAT onto that Bertie, £180.

I'll go down to the stadium next week and ask at the reception if we can leave a LIVI ROOM sponsor sheet there for folk to pop in and pay towards sponsoring a player, if they agree then i'll let you all know on here.

I'll put a bit on the sheet for folk to add the name of the player they want to sponsor too so it is done fairly, majority decides which player we'll sponsor, if that player is still available anyway, if not we'll go with the next on the list depending on availability.

Also think we could make it £10 gets your name into the draw for the shirt at the end of the season, so if you put in £20 you'll get 2 names in the hat etc.  

Will we draw for the player photo too?

I'm sure anyone wanting their pic taken with the player can get him on their own phone or camera though in any case.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Ah...didn't notice that it was +vat....so Durnford was even further out than I thought jocolor
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:54 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Ah...didn't notice that it was +vat....so Durnford was even further out than I thought jocolor

Actually I wasn't based on the original information.

When the piece first appeared on the official site the offer was £100 for one shirt and £150 for both home and away - no mention was made of VAT so it was reasonable to assume this was already taken into account like with the season tickets and team strip.

I notice this has now been updated to remove the option of one shirt and has added VAT. Frankly this is probably a step to far for us; combined with the Lions den there would probably be enough people willing to contribute but individually I don't think either site has sufficient regular contributors on their own and some are probably duplicated.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:12 am

Looking at the programme last night and the wording now it would appear that its only one shirt sponsored for £150 plus VAT.

Talk about moving goalposts.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 am

Dunno when it said that D, the £150 + VAT price was up when I made this thread. Not sure how many folk are up for it, there are 5 in the poll but a couple more have made sounds they'd do it. Think you're right if there was just the one fans forum we'd prob have enough for a tenner each making up the full amount, just now it would be at least £20 each and maybe some going to £30 or £40 to make up the difference. I'd be ok with that but I'm not making up the difference for the whole lot myself if everyone just sticks in a tenner. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:58 pm

I went down and saw reception and they've agreed to make up a sponsor sheet for anybody wanting to sponsor a player.
    it will be ready for Saturday's game against Motherwell if you want to drop in and fill the form out.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:21 pm

My router is cream crackered so couldn't post much yesterday and got my daughter to put up a quick post from her phone letting everyone know the sponsor sheet idea was a goer at the club reception.

They're making one up and anyone popping in just needs to make their payment then fill in their name (or username on here), amount they've paid, and what player they'd like us to sponsor (whoever gets the most votes wins).

Everyone on the sheet will get entered to the draw for their signed photo with the player, and a separate draw for a signed football shirt at the end of the season. Also doesn't just need to be forum members, get your friends to stick in a tenner too and they'll be in the draw, plus get a vote on who we sponsor All goes to helping the club so all Livi fans are welcome to get in on the sponsor and draw for the pic and the shirt.

The guy at the reception I spoke to was really friendly and pleased we were doing this, I'm sure he'd arrange for anyone wanting a selfie with the player being sponsored too.

I'll bend the ears of the guys I go to Livi games to stick in a tenner too, my mother in law even gave me £10 to put in on Saturday so mon guys lets make this happen.Smile
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Great idea if I manage the Motherwell game will drop off money if not will have to be the first Clyde game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Good stuff ian, the guy I spoke to took my email address and said he'd let me know how it was progressing after the Motherwell game, i'll pass on any info I get and post it on here.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:37 pm

So I take it we just go down and ask for the Livi Room player sponsorship sheet? Next time I'm down I'll stick a 10er in.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:So I take it we just go down and ask for the Livi Room player sponsorship sheet? Next time I'm down I'll stick a 10er in.

Yep, good lad.

Better get some of your mates to do it too and make sure big shagz gets sponsored. Wink
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Well (not Motherwell!) managed the game and put my £10 on (first) hopefully many will follow.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Forgot. Will do it when I go down to get my season tickets during the week.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:01 pm

ianlivi wrote:Well (not Motherwell!) managed the game and put my £10 on (first) hopefully many will follow.

I'm 2nd and the MIL is 3rd, went in after the game. Good to see the club had the sheet on the reception desk for anyone wanting to contribute to sponsoring a player.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:04 am

Good idea LF, cheers for getting the ball rolling with this. Anyone know what time the reception is open until on weekdays? Would probably be Friday before I went down, more than happy to chip £20 in.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 am

Not sure of times but I picked up my Season Ticket sorry card at 11.30 last Thursday. Websites says reception open 9am to 5pm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am