The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
orco
EdinburghLivi
Afro
Contemporary
Liviforever
spiggle
Auld Nick
LiviCub
mozam76
Lexi Collector
14 posters

Rangers v The Amber Machine

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Rangers v The Amber Machine Empty Rangers v The Amber Machine

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:31 pm

4-0, 8 minutes.

101 Livi fans - mainly applauding the team off the park.

Awful performance - yes.

Cole to captain the side, Burchill to use 3 different formations, at least 1 player starting in a dodgy position and a dodgy substitution (probably at half-time). Livingston to play with no rhythm. 0 shots on target, 1 on goal. At least 1 of the Rangers goals to be a piece of comedy.

Burchill to say he's proud of the players. Jamieson to start and play shite.

Rangers fans to shout about the British army and touching kids inappropriately.

Very little post-match reaction on here.

Me to come on here at roughly 5pm on Saturday claiming we are total fuck.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Rangers v The Amber Machine Empty Re: Rangers v The Amber Machine

Post by mozam76 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Rangers minus 2 goals is 11/10 with Stan James.

Like a Leith hooker, if you're gonnae get pumped, at least make some money out of it.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:06 pm

This game was made for Kyle Jacobs and Jason Talbot.

Instead, we've got Hugo Faria and Jackson Longridge...

3-0 to the most disgusting team in the west. FG 20 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Not sure why you are all being so optimistic about this game.

Scumgers 6 Liv 0

FG 6 minutes
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 am

The defence will show up here. White will score with an overhead kick and we'll come away with a 1-1 draw. FG 26 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 am

In two minds here, Sevco are running over teams and we're a complete basket case in defence in some games so could get utterly humped by 7 or 8 goals, but we usually raise our game against them and with nobody giving us a snowballs chance in hell it wouldn't surprise me if we pull off a shock result and get a draw.

Hate doing this, goes against my nature but i'll go for a Livi defeat and hope we give them a game and a half and win. Tribute act 4-1 Livi. FG 8 mins.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

The Amber Machine to win 2-1.

(Not really, Sevco will win 4-0)
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Rangers "celebrating" Armed Forces Day on Saturday, what an occasion that'll be. cyclops

Hopefully the players aren't shitebags and settled in the "a point would be a great result" mentality that diddies have when playing this lot. But, knowing our boys, they will be. 5-0 tanking imminent, first goal 19 seconds.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:22 am

Livi 30/1 on Bet Victor. Very, very long despite how shite we have been.

2-0 them, 12 mins.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:41 am

I am going to this game to support the team but expecting nothing. I am just hoping for a respectable score. I am looking forward to getting this and next week's games out of the way so we can hopefully start to get some points from the other teams in our league.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:41 pm

4-0 Rangers, FG 14 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Suppose it's a predictable starting 11 going for playing safe rather than 2 up front with Sheerin & White to try and have a go at them.

DJ, Millen, Longridge, Cole, Sives, Pittman, Faria, Hippolyte, Gallagher, Buchanan & Glen.

Livi subs - Gould, White, Mullen, Neill, Gibbons, Georgiev & Sheerin

At least Pittman is back fom injury, him and Glen might be able to get the ball into Buchanan for a shot at goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:20 pm

Cole giving away fouls leads to a booking and a goal for Sevco. not looking good.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:20 pm

1-0 to the Huns Sleep
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:46 pm

2 0 now. Cue the cave-in.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Managed to survive without caving in so not too bad confidence wise. Other results went our way today too with Morton v Dumbarton finishing a draw, and Alloa & St Mirren both losing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Reports on Sives having a hamstring injury, bad injury for him but gives Neill his chance, should've had it without that happening though, think he's a good player.

orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeh Sives was holding his thigh and asked to come off. With Ben Gordon having to complete his two match suspension next week then Neill will no doubt start against Hibs.

Has anybody seen Moses Duckrell BTW? He seems to have gone off the radar.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Last I read he was injured again, perhaps the hamstring injury he got pre season is still bothering him.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Next time i catch him in Asda with Hippo I'll get some answers from moses lol
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:43 am

Went there on a damage limitation mission and we succeeded. Never got cuffed as much as Raith or Queens but we were dire to watch and offered nothing going forward. With all due respect to Liam Buchanan, if we're insisting on playing this pseudo-John McGlynn style of play most weeks, he is not the man to lead the line. Feel sorry for the guy because he's clearly a quality player for the lower end of this level but it's just not happening for him with this style of play. Would've preferred to have seen big Shagz or Sheerin start, and ideally have Hippolyte, and dare I say it, Mullen as the wide forwards offering support. Our squad itself isn't a million miles away from competing with every team in the division but a lot of it is down to how it's set out, and having no real outball today cost us IMO. Found the subs perplexing today to a point, I didn't see the point in replacing Buchanan with Mullen which for me was basically like for like style wise; would've liked to have seen Shagz and Sheerin come on for the last 15 minutes to give them some problems, rather than hanging off. The Gibbons sub was just utterly pointless, no offence to the guy.

As for the goals; meh. First one's a screamer, they happen. Second one I don't think Millen harried Waghorn too much and allowed him to get the shot away too easy for my liking. Third one - concentration beginning to go, legs beginning to feel heavy. Shite goal tbf, Nicky Law's a total imposter.

These kind of games won't define our season, because truthfully, dubious accounting practices aside Rangers are still a world apart from us. That said, there is no reason why we couldn't have had a go today with the correct tactics, mentality, and training. Team was already beaten before we kicked a ball, mentality that we were going there to keep the score down against the Rangers juggernaut was evident from the get-go. Disappointing stuff and I'd be looking for an improvement in that regard against Hibs next week. Moreover, a minor point which some will disagree with but this sort of stuff is really bugging me:

Rangers v The Amber Machine Untitl10

He's not alone in saying it was a good performance from ourselves; I wouldn't say it was. Disappointing, as I've said, because we could've done much more ourselves and I didn't actually think Rangers were too impressive tbh. The loan signings they've made will be the difference for them this season, it'll be interesting to see how they do coming up against a side like the Sheep or Celtic.

And last but not least, £20 for that with the bonus of the armed forces celebration. Maybe it's just me, but having field artillery outside a football stadium on matchday doesn't sit right with me.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:08 am

Brilliant summing up of the football game as I said on another post.... Defeatist attitude today got what it deserved absolutely nothing.

Great analysis Afro
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:11 am

As for Coles comments...we got beat 3 nothing mate

Great performance ......Cole
    No other team will play as well against Rangers keeping them to five shots on target ..Burchill

Manager and captain of a sinking ship singing from the the same song sheet....  Very cute

Fact is

We are the only Scottish Championship team without a league win this season.

Hype or facts

Prefer to deal in facts myself
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:40 am

Don't think it would've mattered which striker came on tbh, White isn't any better unless he's supported up front, he had all last season being given the thankless job of being isolated up front and only did well in the games where we supplied him with support.

Can see how our tactics would irritate you though Afro when you've paid to watch the game you want to be seeing us having a go at trying to win it, even when it was odds on we hadn't a hope.

I think if we'd got off to a better start to the season it would've made a difference to how we set our stall out in this game, we could've maybe afforded to have had a go at them but when you're struggling you really don't want an 8-0 gubbing sapping your teams confidence going into the next few games.

The cup game against them will be interesting, it's a one off win or you're out game so completely different way of thinking to a league game. Looking forward to seeing how we fare when we have a go at them as we will have to do if we want to get through to the next round.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:01 am

Don't agree mate White holds the ball up and Creates more than any if the other strikers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am