The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
orco
EdinburghLivi
Afro
Contemporary
Liviforever
spiggle
Auld Nick
LiviCub
mozam76
Lexi Collector
14 posters

Rangers v The Amber Machine

Smithy
    Smithy

Rangers v The Amber Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Rangers v The Amber Machine

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:04 am

Don't agree mate White holds the ball up and Creates more than any if the other strikers

More to the point... Only team without a win.... Very worrying indeed
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:36 am

Can't say I'm surprised by Burchill's tactics, it's one of the reasons I didn't go anywhere near this game. He's a shitebag, and his philosophy of 'we're a diddy team, lets not take too much a humping' is a disgrace. An absolute loser, and football is better off without things like that. I'm losing my patience.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 am

We were playing a fitter, stronger, more skillful set of players. If we had gone gung ho into that game I reckon everyone on here would have been girning about 5+ goals having gone past us. We can argue all we like about who should have started up front but it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference because opportunities were restricted to the striker anyway. On the one or two chances Buchanan got he did the best he could and brought out a couple of decent saves from their goalkeeper. They all worked hard and nobody disgraced themselves. Hippo put in a good shift and would show those glimpses of the skill he has usually followed by blowing a good chance - as he does. Interesting leaving the ground that one of the Rangers fans asked us who our number 11 was and said he was no a bad player. He had them roaring with annoyance a few times with his antics.

It wasn't as bad as I had feared and at least you don't come away from places like Ibrox with that disappointed feeling because you didn't expect to win anyway. As usual I thought how good it must be to be part of a huge crowd that roars at every opposition tackle. It certainly influenced the ref at least a few times and gave us a couple of bookings for inane fouls.

I'm just glad it is out of the way for another while. Neutral
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 am

Smithy wrote:Don't agree mate White holds the ball up and Creates more than any if the other strikers

I'd tend to disagree with that...white is pretty strong and can hold the ball up but playing alone upfront he tends to get isolated and isn't as useful in the air as someone his height should be. Sheerin has looked a better target man prospect
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:05 am

That surely isn't his fault he gets isolated that's the midfield fault mate.watched match of the day yesterday and they were talking about Bentecke and how Liverpool were not playing to his strengths.
    We do the same, White can link the play up as well as anyone in the team when we play it on the deck and as for this no good in the air bandwagon within our support,have a look at the videos of the goal last week when he flicked to Sheerin.

Also the goal against Clyde he won a great ball in the air too and scored a cracker.

Yes he is a big guy but he can't win every ball in the air but he is the best option if and when we play high balls as those goals have proven. He is excellent with his feet and we need to utilise that more than we do.

Two big men playing together will create space for each other as has been proved in the games they played together.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:17 pm

cptn_hooch wrote:
    Smithy wrote:Don't agree mate White holds the ball up and Creates more than any if the other strikers

I'd tend to disagree with that...white is pretty strong and can hold the ball up but playing alone upfront he tends to get isolated and isn't as useful in the air as someone his height should be. Sheerin has looked a better target man prospect

Yep, he would've done heehaw coming on for Buchanan if he was up front himself, he either gets the ball played high and backs into a defender and falls down or flicks it on to a defender, unless he's got support he'd have been fighting a lost cause. Happened to him for most of last season and was only in games where he was being supported his talent shone through and scored goals/played others in.

I understand Smithy likes White and would prefer him over Buchanan but both need other players around them to score goals, Buchanan and White scored plenty goals last season so either one of them would do if they got the right player beside them, imo that's Sheerin.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    cptn_hooch wrote:

Yep, he would've done heehaw coming on for Buchanan if he was up front himself, he either gets the ball played high and backs into a defender and falls down or flicks it on to a defender, unless he's got support he'd have been fighting a lost cause. Happened to him for most of last season and was only in games where he was being supported his talent shone through and scored goals/played others in.

I understand Smithy likes White and would prefer him over Buchanan but both need other players around them to score goals, Buchanan and White scored plenty goals last season so either one of them would do if they got the right player beside them, imo that's Sheerin.
    my point is LF we need to use White correctly high ball if playing ad a two as he can flick on to teammate , but he has good feet and his link up play is of a high standard too IMO. Just because we play White doesn't mean we have to play high balls all day. I think we are nearly all agreeing in the fact we have a better chance of goals from outfield play if we play two up rather than one.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:33 pm

I couldn't care if we only conceded three compared to the five from others ranked higher than us, to come out with an excuse basically saying it was always going to be a case of damage limitation is pathetic. There were a couple of half chances for ourselves but we made it all the more comfortable for Rangers in the second half and this eventually led to them winning the game at ease. They use the full width of the pitch to stretch us out and a more direct approach for when we play them at Almondvale with Shagz and Sheerin up front could make the difference. An ambitious and daft opinion yes but this is purely from what I witnessed yesterday.

We replaced one isolated striker with another. Mullen did get involved when he came on but having a target man and actually giving the Rangers defence something to think could've made it more difficult for themselves but instead Burchill accepted defeat and that was that.

On a side note, I actually can't stand the voice of Mark fucking Warburton. Horrible southern accent which reminds me of someone with no personality and absolutely shite patter. I seriously bet he goes home after the game, watches the X Factor and fucks off straight to bed without giving his wife any real Saturday night lovemaking. Boring fud.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Can't say I'm surprised by Burchill's tactics, it's one of the reasons I didn't go anywhere near this game. He's a shitebag, and his philosophy of 'we're a diddy team, lets not take too much a humping' is a disgrace. An absolute loser, and football is better off without things like that. I'm losing my patience.

Who are you kidding? You don't have any patience!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    cptn_hooch wrote:

my point is LF we need to use White correctly high ball if playing ad a two as he can flick on to teammate , but he has good feet and his link up play is of a high standard too IMO. Just because we play White doesn't mean we have to play high balls all day. I think we are nearly all agreeing in the fact we have a better chance of goals from outfield play if we play two up rather than one.

Yep.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:03 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:Can't say I'm surprised by Burchill's tactics, it's one of the reasons I didn't go anywhere near this game. He's a shitebag, and his philosophy of 'we're a diddy team, lets not take too much a humping' is a disgrace. An absolute loser, and football is better off without things like that. I'm losing my patience.

Who are you kidding? You don't have any patience!

I lost patience with Livi the second we sacked Gary Bollan. I've been very angry and bitter about most things Livi ever since, and rightly so as a blind man can see it was a disgraceful decision and is the main reason why we're a club in chaos. The sad thing is I'm not the only one, but I'm quite often shut down. People have actually come up to me and told me they don't like what I post on here, but if you support a club who've done as many absolutely brutally mad things as Livingston, you're well within your rights to be a very disgruntled supporter.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:35 am

Also Rangers can fuck off and die with this "we played absolutely terrible" and "sorry to the fans for our poor performance" patter. They won 3-0 at home to a side who parked the bus and who play in the same division as them. Agree with LiviCub, he seems like the kind of fella who likes Facebook pages like "rebirth of the national front" and he probably does WWII reenactments in his spare time.
    His wife probably hasn't touched it since 1987. Fud.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:23 am

Lexi but the point is we got lucky as Rangers obviously felt they dint perform as well as they should have..

I say they had an off day
    Burchill says we restricted them

That's opinions

Fact remains they won we lost

Fact remains one point out of eighteen

orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

I lost patience with Livi the second we sacked Gary Bollan. I've been very angry and bitter about most things Livi ever since, and rightly so as a blind man can see it was a disgraceful decision and is the main reason why we're a club in chaos. The sad thing is I'm not the only one, but I'm quite often shut down. People have actually come up to me and told me they don't like what I post on here, but if you support a club who've done as many absolutely brutally mad things as Livingston, you're well within your rights to be a very disgruntled supporter.

I have been saying for a while that things started to go downhill on and off the field after Bollan was sacked. I agree with you that it was a ridiculous decision sacking a manager who had got us back to back promotions and had us in the top half of the league when he was sacked. Dunfermline and Rangers only go to show that it was not as straightforward a job getting back up the leagues as might have been thought. Moreover the way it was done cost us a whack in unfair dismissal costs from the employment tribunal.

I don't agree with everything you post Lexi but you are spot on with that one. The governance at the club has been chaotic for a long time. We get more headlines from litigation events than what happens on the park.

I will support Livi (the team) till the bitter end but that doesn't mean I won't criticise mistakes. Sadly though too many have been driven away by poor decision making at the top.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 pm

orco wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

I have been saying for a while that things started to go downhill on and off the field after Bollan was sacked. I agree with you that it was a ridiculous decision sacking a manager who had got us back to back promotions and had us in the top half of the league when he was sacked. Dunfermline and Rangers only go to show that it was not as straightforward a job getting back up the leagues as might have been thought. Moreover the way it was done cost us a whack in unfair dismissal costs from the employment tribunal.

I don't agree with everything you post Lexi but you are spot on with that one. The governance at the club has been chaotic for a long time. We get more headlines from litigation events than what happens on the park.

I will support Livi (the team) till the bitter end but that doesn't mean I won't criticise mistakes. Sadly though too many have been driven away by poor decision making at the top.
    well Said orco regarding the club.....however I'm fed up now about the manager waxing lyrical about Saturday being a successful day only losing three goals and limiting them to five shots...that may have been OK had we been sitting with nine points on the board but we have one.....we really need to be taking points from teams Now,felt we should have had a go at them with twenty mins to go but he brings Mullen on instead of White and Sheerin who did get two goals for us the week before.

Absurd

Fed up Smithy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:39 pm

orco wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

Don't forget he was also bringing the youngsters through slowly & methodically & yet the reason given was that he wasn't giving the youngsters a chance.

Lexi, you'll get no argument from me on the Bollan sacking, it was a disgrace & I said so at the time. However, its done & it can't be changed & we are where we are; so we need to get behind the guys who are there now, realising that they are NOT as good as the side Bollan had but there is a fair bit of potential that gven a chance might work in our favour.

Also, its no good being disgruntled at the current board regarding Bollan; it wiznae them (or at least not all of them).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm