The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
ol1vercloff
Whitburn Vale
Just in
sunderland
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviCub
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviLion
Achilles
orco
17 posters

Huns v Lions

sunderland

Huns v Lions - Page 4 Empty Re: Huns v Lions

Post by sunderland Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Wasn't at the game. The result is neither here nor there. What really infuriates me is the chat that we played Penny Arcade as well as giving them a Guard of Honour? Who the hell is making the decisions down there?

What an absolute diddy team we are.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Afro wrote:1-0 to Livi at half-time.

Matthew Knox is going to go to Rangers in the summer, isn't he?

Hopkin said he wants him here next season and is confident the board will back his decision not to sell. Hopefully Hopkin won't be here though...

Typical how we finally hold onto a lead when it doesn't matter. Good to get a bit of momentum going, hopefully another good result against Raif and maybe, just maybe, we'll get our act together in the play offs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:41 pm

orco wrote:Sorry to be saying this but it would not bother me if I never saw Fotheringham and Cole play again this season. Great enthusiasm tonight. Every player gave 100%.

Well Cole is a given considering the amount of times he's cost us goals but i'd also agree with you on Fozzy, was pretty happy we signed him but his deliveries at set pieces haven't been good at all and young Knox showed how much better he is than Fozzy at taking set pieces. Mullin put in a lot more energy in midfield too so would be quite happy seeing some of the younger players keeping their place in the play offs.
    AMF

Post by AMF Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:Good idea, our fans could maybe join in with a few songs from their hymn sheet, the one about some skinny guy called Robert, rule britannia, guarding some wall thingy in Derry, the battle of something that went down in 1690, stick up a few union flags and belt out GSTQ and WATP etc, would make them feel really welcome.

You missed one song but Colin our music man didn't. Penny Arcade! WTF

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Was an absolute embarrassment. We probably would have played 'Simply The Best' if they had scored too.

Can only assume whoever made that decision has a bit of a soft spot for Rangers.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Come on guys it was backs to the wall for most of the night. By and large we coped with what they tried and we restricted their attempts but both sides only had 2 shots on target. Knox's cross for the goal was excellent and Halkett's header was superb but apart from that Knox sauntered around, attempted a couple of dribbles but got knocked off the ball easily. Halkett was immense, clearly MotM and looks like captain material to me.

It was a pretty dull game in the 1st half, they started well and were continually chipping it through the left side of our defence for a midfield runner, our only real forays were a couple of Stanton runs, one of which should have seen Mullen hit the target but he pulled it wide. Then immediately before the break we got our noses in front. Second half we defended too deep but got away with it, we did create some chances but I honestly couldn't have complained if we had conceded an equaliser.

We played much better when we drew with them earlier in the season.

That said, we showed enough to suggest we might just have a decent chance in the play offs

Top men on the night were Halkett (possibly the best defender at the club), Stanton, Pittman
    Just behind them were McCallum, Neill, Kakay, White, Longridge and Mullin
    Then Knox and Mullen.

Buchanan should have done better when he got behind them but went too far wide of goal.
    Sheerin may have gained weight again sitting on the bench but still showed how to put pressure on their central defenders.
    Currie did well defensively and trying to run down the clock in the corner.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:18 am

Thought the first half was quite entertaining, disagree about backs to the wall too, we certainly didn't sit back like prev games, we were getting forward quite a lot in the first half and only really sat deep in the last quarter of the game, but still could've gone 2-0 up when Buchanan had a free header at goal but he put it over. And again when he was through on goal and got pushed wide. Stanton and Mullen also should've scored so thought we were well worth the win.

At least we played some U2 as we were leaving, Sunday bloody Sunday would've  maybe made amends for sucking up to them right enough but we were a bit less provocative with the song choice. But yeah, embarrassing stuff from Livi with the GoH pish and song choice.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 am

Half an hour into the game I looked at my watch and couldn't believe it was only 30 mins in, I checked it again what felt like 10 mins later to see that only 3 had elapsed. At that point they were over hitting their long balls out of defence and while we weren't exactly closing them down we were taking up positions that prevented them passing their way through us, so it was dull except for the occasional run by Stanton and the goal. Second half was better as we defended stoutly and on our breakaways were causing them trouble. Possession was 65/35 in their favour and they had 10 attempts to our 6 with both sides getting 2 on target...according to the skysportsnews app anyway
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 am

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 am

Once again there's a sense of feeling cheated on by the team we support. Great result for the history books and builds confidence ahead of Wednesday but it doesn't even paper over the cracks that is the tactical naivety of our management team.

Morgyn Neill had his best game in a Livi shirt and Halkett should be kept in the middle from now onwards. It's clear to see why his natural position is at CB.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

The song choice is all the more embarrassing for LFC,when you know what 'Penny Arcade' is all about!! It's about the murder of Ira men outside an arcade in NI. Someone or some people need to consider their position at the club??
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:09 am

Playing Penny Arcade. Jesus fucking Christ. its like the club goes out its way to alienate fans.
    AMC13
    AMC13

Post by AMC13 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:24 pm

game didn't matter last night, the performance came far too late for us. Shameful from the club last night to play penny arcade while the Rangers players came out the tunnel, anything to please them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:34 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Half an hour into the game I looked at my watch and couldn't believe it was only 30 mins in, I checked it again what felt like 10 mins later to see that only 3 had elapsed. At that point they were over hitting their long balls out of defence and while we weren't exactly closing them down we were taking up positions that prevented them passing their way through us, so it was dull except for the occasional run by Stanton and the goal. Second half was better as we defended stoutly and on our breakaways were causing them trouble. Possession was 65/35 in their favour and they had 10 attempts to our 6 with both sides getting 2 on target...according to the skysportsnews app anyway

Funny how two people can have completely different experiences at the same game, I thought the first half flew in. The last 10 mins dragged in though, esp the extra time, think the ref played 5 mins injury time when there was no actual stoppage for injuries. Soft booking too for a hand ball, cleanest game we've been involved in this season tackling wise.

Don't think McCallum made a save until about 70 mins, one that was actually on target and heading into our net for him to have to stop it anyway. Their shooting was terrible, the one that was so wide it didn't even hit the corner flag, went about 5 yards up from it for a throw in. Laughing

They cut us open a few times and really should've scored a goal or 3 but then we had 5 clear as day chances ourselves and scored with one of them so happy enough to say we deserved the win.

Didn't know the significance of the penny arcade song, ooft, that's pretty bad that we'd want to play something like that. If we'd stuck Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Sevco fans would've been demanding our music man was sacked and an apology made about it, we've really sunk to a new low pandering to them like this.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:47 pm

LiviLion wrote:

Perfect header by Halkett, right in the top corner, some delivery he got from Knox too.

Shocking defending by Sevco though, both Halkett and White are standing unmarked and unchallenged as they both jumped up to head the ball.

Thought Knox put in good deliveries from corners too, we've been terrible at taking corners this season so good to see someone that can take a decent one for a change.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Huns v Lions - Page 4 Empty Highlights

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:02 pm

3 points mean fuck all now so it's almost like a post season friendly win. 

What really pissed me off is the whole sucking up to these cretins. Looking to please them on Twitter recently and then playing their song as they perform a guard of honour on our turf. 

Who ever is behind Twitter needs to do one and it's certainly time for the twat who does the music. What a disgrace. 

On to raith now, again, pointless game but let's see the team pick up some momentum.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:11 pm

No idea what the penny arcade song is never mind its significance; I was talking & ignoring the goh so didn't even notice what was being played.

It was the cleanest game tackling wise because we stood off & didn't tackle but we stifled them instead.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Yaeh I was the same Bertie, made my feelings clear pre match what I thought about it. Wouldn't have taken much persuasion for me to have stayed in and watched Man City v Real on BT sport but turned out a better option to have gone to a game where a goal was scored. Laughing

Stanton was my MoTM first half, he's hit form at the right time to keep us up. Mullin's cross for Buchanan was top drawer, Buch's should've scored with that.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Sometimes I think the club is actually at the wind up.

Clearly we were just brown nosing Rangers after our tweet a couple weeks ago, ridiculously embarrassing. While we are on the subject of music though, what is with the macarena? That coupled with the Tony Macaroni Arena, what a riddy.

Lastly, I was afraid that any sort of result here might add to Hopkin's delusions that he is doing a good job, and well it seems to have done just that... "Apart from last Saturday [a 3-1 loss at Queen of the South], I am delighted with the way it's going and we are a club that's trying to build something here and trying to bring young players through and develop them and, as long as I am here, that's what we'll do."
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Come on Sunderland, you surely can't type "Macarena" and "Tony Macaroni Arena" in the same sentence and not see the connection... Hint.., Tony Macaroni is often referred to as "Tony Macs"
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 pm

How bloody frustrating was that watching Livi last night getting a well deserved result imo against arguably a lack lustster but nevertheless strong Sevco.Buchannon missing two sitters made it even more galling to watch but i thought the team thoughraly deserved what they got in the end especialy after a sterling defensive display.It was plain to see that they were fighting to help oneanother a quality that will surely help them in the negotieation of the playoffs.As for the pre match love fest we seem to have from upstairs for Sevco anything we say on here will have no effect as has been proven many times before.Think big Colin on the mike probably had no choice in the matter as like many others down there he has to bow to any suggestions however ludicrous they sound from those upstairs.Embarresing for him though.Any ways its over now guys,lets concentrate our littery efforts on the upcoming hectic fixtures which hopefully lead to a satisfactory conclusion in what has been such a trying and nerveracking season.Stick together lads .Together we can do it.!!!!
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Come on Sunderland, you surely can't type "Macarena" and "Tony Macaroni Arena" in the same sentence and not see the connection... Hint.., Tony Macaroni is often referred to as "Tony Macs"

Im well aware of the connection. I just thought that we could at least try not to remind everyone we have the most ridiculous stadium name in the world.

Suppose it just suits the club, amateurish.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Troy wrote:How bloody frustrating was that watching Livi last night getting a well deserved result imo against arguably a lack lustster but nevertheless strong Sevco.Buchannon missing two sitters made it even more galling to watch but i thought the team thoughraly deserved what they got  in the end especialy after a sterling defensive display.It was plain to see that they were fighting to help oneanother a quality that will surely help them in the negotieation of the playoffs.As for the pre match love fest we seem to have from upstairs for Sevco anything we say on here will have no effect as has been proven many times before.Think big Colin on the mike probably had no choice in the matter as like many others down there he has to bow to any suggestions however ludicrous they sound from those upstairs.Embarresing for him though.Any ways its over now guys,lets concentrate our littery efforts on the upcoming hectic fixtures which hopefully lead to a satisfactory conclusion in what has been such a trying and nerveracking season.Stick together lads .Together we can do it.!!!!

You're prob right about that Troy, remember the cringe fest of a statement he had to read out at HT when Massone was in charge, felt for him that day, even the away fans were saying WTF!!!!
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Cheers L/F.Ive known Big Colin for nearly 20 years and im sure if it was down to him he wouldnt have touched that suggestion with a barge pole.And your dead right about Massone a lot strange things happened during his tennure and that was just one of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm