The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
livikev
gibbis
ol1vercloff
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
sunderland
ianlivi
fanfromday1
LiviCub
AMC13
orco
Auld Nick
spiggle
Durnford
Liviforever
Afro
Achilles
forzalfc
22 posters

Team for Next Season

cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Team for Next Season - Page 9 Empty Re: Team for Next Season

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Troy wrote:I asked Hopkin at the fans forum a few weeks back about the possibility of strenghthening our forward line and told us to be patient as he was working on it.Weeks have gone past and unfortunately ive seen no progress on this matter.Its so frustrating that he obviously cant see where our major flaws are if we are to have any chance of promotion this season.If we are to go with what weve got i foresee an extremely tough time ahead for us and will do well to make the playoffs nevermind winning the bloody thing.Absolutly gutted to be sounding so negative at the start of the season but i just dont know where the goals are going to come from unless he shocks us and delivers on his promise.Sorry guys im just being realistic here.Please prove me wrong Livi!!!

Think Hopkin posted this on the dressing room wall before today's game?
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:23 pm

I hope he did and if it created a response from the team im glad to have been part of yesterdays performance.Iasked them to prove me wrong and they most certainly did although i realise its early days but well done the lions hopefully the start of a special season for us.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:39 pm

Another young striker signed then Lewis Allan on loan from Hibs till January
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:12 am

Says he offers a physical presence, at least that gives us another option up front, could partner up Buchanan or Mullen taking the defenders on for them to play off.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:10 pm

hibs supporting pal of mine says he was highly rated but had a bad injury...hoping he'll link well with buchanan
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 am

Man Utd in talks for Knox. I did think they were probably wrapping him in cotton wool in case a bid came in. Fingers crossed they get something agreed as that would clearly be an unbelievable move for him, even if he never makes the first team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Orr is away back to Morton.

Shouldn't think we'll miss him, he didn't have much game time with us and the little I saw of him didn't make much of an impact.

Still to make my mind of on Carrick too, he scored a goal with his first touch when he came on but was then out injured, hoping he'll score a few for us now he's back from injury, we could do with a bit of competition on Mullen and Buchanan for starting places.

Lewis Allan hasn't had a chance yet but plenty of time for him to show us if he's any good, he'll no doubt get his chance soon.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Only saw Orr twice as a sub and both times he was slow, ineffective, didn't bother to try and get involved and couldn't hit the target, so Morton are welcome to him.

Carrick looked good after he scored and looked the part in the game against City. I think he will come good given the chance.

Allan looked a wee bit off the pace when he came on but I agree with you LF in that he hasn't really had a chance yet.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:20 pm

Saying on P&B that Adam Morgan has been training with us and could sign. A forward that"s hardly svored any goals! Last team Colwn Bay?
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:57 pm

ianlivi wrote:Saying on P&B that Adam Morgan has been training with us and could sign. A forward that"s hardly svored any goals! Last team Colwn Bay?

Released from Colwn Bay for failing to turn up to a match... sounds a right laugh.

In other news DJ has signed for Hamilton. Can't wait to see Maley in goals on Saturday. scratch
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 pm

A goal shy striker? Sparking interest at Livi? Surely not?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:03 am

Adam Morgan was first mentioned by Callum Carson.

His profile on Wiki makes depressing reading; most of his contracts have been terminated early for disciplinary reasons including St Johnstone and Yeovil. In fact the only side he seams to have successfully concluded a contract with was Hemel Hempstead Town
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:38 pm

This guy looks like another Darren Cole, has delusions of grandeur because he once played at a big club.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Assuming it's him that came on for Carrick for the U20s last night. Would have given Hoppy the chance to have a better look at how he'll fit in with the team.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:49 pm

St Johnstone fans slating the fuck out of him on P&B when asked about him. Doesn't look too good, and like LF says, potentially another Darren Cole type. We definitely do not need another wasted wage on the bill, particularly this season.

Interesting to note that DJ was released before he joined Accies. I've maintained for a while that if he returned to form he was a sellable asset, so it's disappointing that a potential source of serious income for us has vanished. Also casts serious doubt on the long-term GK situation: I can't see Kelly sticking round, if he's any good this season he'll not be back here; Maley is in no way, shape or form a solution to any problem; and Quinn is just a youngster.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Burchill eventually lost faith in him even after his form in the season before so what does that tell you? Made the simplest of mistakes like setting up a wall for defending free kicks and communicating with established defenders like Gallagher and Gordon. Not surprised and not particularly bothered that he's gone. He had his chance when McCallum went back to Dundee United and still couldn't keep his place.

Just another example of fans jumping in to defend players who have came through the youth teams regardless of talent, form or attitude. Good keeper, got caught out and hasn't progressed like we hoped since reaching his peak in 14/15.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Have to agree with you LC
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Very late but I also agree with LC. Feel sorry for him as you could tell the club means a lot to him but he's probably reached his peak with us. Time for him to move on and hopefully kick on.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:45 am

Today is an excellent day already and it's not even 10 o'clock.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/rafas-back/
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:04 pm

What a day.

De Vita, Mullen and Pittman in the same team:

Team for Next Season - Page 9 Giphy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:09 pm

What  way to give us all a lift, incredible signing, he's an SPFL Premiership quality player, i'm in total shock that he's back at Livi. Fantastic news!!!!!!!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Gob smacked!

Welcome back Rafa
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Yes indeed, he should rip this division up. Just hope he still has it in him.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Put to side that he did play for us before, he's the ideal replacement for Jordan White. He's got height, good first touch, can drift in and out of position for the right reasons and knows when to score a goal. Can't see him starting for another few games but he's the healthy competition that Mullen and Buchanan need.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:29 pm

The return of our Italion son.Welcome back home Rafa.If your even half as good as you were last time around that will do for me.As for the person on that other Livi forum suggesting that the club will have put themselves in even more debt due to this signing.Get a grip of yourself.Surely Rafa wanted to come back to his former club even after being presumably told the finances of the club would dictate that he did not just come back for a wad of money but for a chance to get another notch on his CV by getting another winners to add to his already impressive collection.Also hopefully some of the current squad might learn something from the undoubted class act that Rafa is.At this level im sure he will be an absolute stand out.Do it again Rafael De Vita!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am