The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Durnford
sunderland
Auld Nick
Troy
Liviforever
orco
LiviCub
forzalfc
12 posters

Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm

We'll maybe get Bikey on loan from Hearts next season then.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Liviforever wrote:A good chance that we'll widen the gap at the top if we beat Brechin, with Alloa playing Rovers away and Airdrie having just signed Simon Mensing, that's worth at least a goal of a start for Stenny.

Love it when a plan comes together. Cool

I see Todorov scored both goas in our 2-0 friendly against Clyde tonight, his 2nd was a penalty so hopefully he's on when we get our next pen.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 am

From what I understand from a Blue Brazil friend Todorov didn't even get cautioned when he played for them.

I wonder if he was simply desperate to make an impression when he came on for us against Brechin - mind you Brechin's style of play was enough to wind anyone up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Yep he was just on the pitch and was involved with three of their players trying to knock him off the ball but he held his own and kept the ball. Millar knocking the cheating wee git Love into a puddle was well worth taking a booking for. The scream from him as he hit the muddy water was FAF too. Laughing
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Wonder if there will be any deadline day signings then...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Great news, Scott Pittman has signed up for another season. Would've preferred a 2 year deal but at least he's still going to be here next season.

Now we just need Liam Buchanan to sign up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:44 pm

Superb
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Trying not to be a purveyor of impending doom here but dont you just get the slightest feeling that things are going to well for us at the moment and that there might be a sting in the tail coming.What with Declan Keaghan and now Pitts giving us all a massive lift not to mention how well we are doing in the league.My heart says great but my head says its Livi we are talking about here.Probably just mild paranoia setting in.Apologies to all.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're wrong.

Time will tell
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Well we've banked enough points to cover ourselves for a 5 points deduction and still winning the league. Suspect

I know what you mean though Troy, we're not used to everything going so well, it's a bit unsettling. bom
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks Bertie and L/F for understanding.If we could just get a year without any negative vibes from wherever but as i said its Livi here and i await with baited breath for something silly to happen like it usually does.Hope im wrong guys.LOL.T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:59 pm

The cynical might point to Pittman and Mullen only getting short term extensions as a sign of impending disaster... Can't afford longer deals therefore we must be about to implode again. But so far even the doomsayers in the Den are tight lipped.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:The cynical might point to Pittman and Mullen only getting short term extensions as a sign of impending disaster... Can't afford longer deals therefore we must be about to implode again. But so far even the doomsayers in the Den are tight lipped.

Surely if there was a chance of impending disaster you'd offer longer term deals?

No penalty if you were to go into administration but also the possibility of a transfer fee in the summer?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:45 am

Dunno D, I'm just speculating about what the doomsayers would make of it if they wanted to cause mischief.

The extra year they have signed should mean we'd get something from a summer sale but hopefully it's more to see how they get on in the division above next season, after all they have only ever played in a struggling second tier side and a side that on current evidence is too good for the third tier.

IMO their is a smaller gap in ability between the bottom half of the top tier and the top 4 of the second tier than there is between the bottom half of the second tier and the top 4 of the third tier. In other words I expect Hibs will find it easier to stay up in the top tier than we will in the second.

I'd have preferred them getting 2 year deals though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Looks about the same to me Bertie, the teams that have won this div recently have stayed up , QoS, Morton, Dunfermline (obv Sevco too with the millions they ploughed into their team) as have the promoted teams from the Championship in their first few seasons in the Premiership.

However the top 4 Championship play off teams haven't managed to beat the 2nd bottom Premiership team apart from Accies against a Hibs team that was in a false position due to Hearts points deduction. So the bottom half Premiership teams look far too good for the top four play off Championship teams.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:29 pm

The point I'm making is competitiveness over a season not winner takes all play offs.

IMO our team last season was better than the Alloa side that finished 9th the year before. But we lost in the first round of play offs while Alloa stayed up the season before easily. Play offs may be exciting, let's face it there probably wasn't a more exciting climax to a game last season than us scoring twice in injury time to take Stranraer to ET even if the extra 30 mins was an anticlimax. Play offs give a false picture of ability compared to season long performance.

I think that the top four Second tier sides would hold their own if the top division was expanded to 16 teams. Not saying they would all stay up but they would compete. I don't think the same is true of the third tier's top 4 if the second tier was expanded.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:10 am

Don't see how you can compare teams from two different tiers over a season though, but in the play offs the 2nd bottom Premiership team has looked too good for the Championship team. Accies have done ok (till this season) once they went up but they'd have more money to spend on better quality players, as would teams from League One going up into the Championship, so difficult to say how they'd do. The increase of money would certainly give them a better squad than they have just now though so they'd be better than they are in League One.

Generally the bottom Premiership team looks worse than the top half Championship teams but the 2nd bottom Premiership team looks just that wee bit better than them. So don't think the top 4 Championship teams are of equal quality to bottom half Premiership teams but they'd have a cash injection to spend money if the top tier was expanded and would improve their squad, just the same as League One teams would going into the Championship.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

It's just my gut feeling assessment, we usually compare teams in one off games like cup ties or play off games. I don't think that gives a true picture of how the lower league side would do over a season if the went up. However, it's been a while since a promoted tier 2 side has come straight back down but it is quite common between tier 2 & 3.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Looks like Ayr are coming straight back down right enough but Dunfermline are doing ok, can't get rid of Dumbarton either, they're like barnacles clinging on to the bottom of a boat.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Dunfermline are doing okay but when you consider how easily they won the division last season they haven't really done as well as expected. Ayr are probably doing better than expected largely down to St Mirren being so rank
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Keaghan got an injury in last night's development game with Berwick, hairline leg fracture and will be out for a couple of months.

Bit of a disaster against Berwick, Mullin sent off with a 2nd yellow card too, take it that will be him banned from playing in our game against Airdrie now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:34 pm

That's not good news. On either matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm