The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
EdinburghLivi
djs9750
LiviCub
spiggle
LiviLion
mozam76
LanarkshireLion
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
Liviforever
14 posters

Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener)

mozam76
    mozam76

Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener)

Post by mozam76 Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:44 am

Enough of this analysis nonsense - we all know that we were excellent in the second half and that Oxley is an arrogant knob.

What really needs discussed is how many points do I get in the prediction table, seeing as I was 3 minutes away from an incredible full house?!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:32 pm

mozam76 wrote:Enough of this analysis nonsense - we all know that we were excellent in the second half and that Oxley is an arrogant knob.

What really needs discussed is how many points do I get in the prediction table, seeing as I was 3 minutes away from an incredible full house?!

Not just Oxley either, the shite I've read about Hibs since their win is unreal, one slim win and they're world beaters that will walk this league. Really can't wait for them to fall flat on their big heads.

Farid in the papers today saying how Livi couldn't live with them in the first half and if they keep playing like that there wont be anything anyone can do about it they are so good. Aye ok Farid, a set piece we let him have a free header with and a fluky goal that DJ should've had all day long, I can see teams losing goals like that against them all the time with their silky skills ripping everyone apart.

Fecking so want to gub them the next time we play, bunch of deluded twats.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:51 pm

After missing the first 2 minutes due to the stupid ticketing situation Hibs had in place, I felt we started the better team. Hibs' goal came out of nothing and probably wouldn't have happened had the ball been put out for Mullen on the ground. That said, can't blame them for doing it and Mullen should have at least tried to get up to defend it as the attack went past where he was lying. Rank defending against El Alagui who we should really know better against. The likes of Talbot should have been all over him. Next came the freak goal which I don't really blame either player for as you don't train for stuff like that. Wind caught it and it took a huge bounce over Jamieson, 2-0. The goalie and defence were understandably rattled after that and Hibs were well on top and we were lucky it was only 2-0 with the pressure they had. That said, we had a small spell at the end of the half where we relaxed a bit and started to press again.

At the start of the second half, we came out really well and eventually got a deserved goal. I called the pass to Keaghan at the edge as we've all seen it happen loads of times at corners last season. After the goal, we somehow lost momentum and aside from Mullen's chance which he really should have kept running with, we didn't trouble Oxley.

Hibs merited the victory on the basis of how well they closed out the game and how they dominated in the period after the second goal. I didn't think they would have it in them to be so composed and thought they would struggle after we scored but that wasn't the case and they were the better team, without being forced into anything huge.

I thought we played alright but I don't think it quite merited the big round of applause at the end, it made me feel a bit like I was supporting a diddy team and that we shouldn't expect better. I don't blame them for the period after the second goal but we were far from good enough when we got our goal back. We have far more in the tank than that. Based on watching the two teams, I do think we will have it in us to beat Hibs when they come to Almondvale but I also think Hibs had a lot more in them that they could have used if we had equalised.

I'll update the prediction league in a bit.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Also think we were a bit unlucky with the Sives suspension and Ogleby injury as it forced us into a system we weren't really used to. I expect us to play better once those two are back.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:40 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:Also think we were a bit unlucky with the Sives suspension and Ogleby injury as it forced us into a system we weren't really used to. I expect us to play better once those two are back.
    two questions. What was the difference in the system played on Saturday? Have you seen Ogleby play in our two previous competitive games ?
    The reason I ask is because it was the same system in all games 4231 and White is the player I prefer having watched all three games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 am

LIVItv on Youtube has had well over 1 Million hits of that goal.

We always seem to get a goal against us that gets mega attention. Think it was Alloa that scored a spectacular goal against us that appeared on Soccer am and got that many hits LIVItv crashed.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:27 am

Was that not Bryan Prunty for Dumbarton LF?

It's done us well too right enough, Jimmy Scotts pinger vs Alloa last season was over quarter of a million views last time I looked.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:04 am

Smithy wrote:
    EdinburghLivi wrote:Also think we were a bit unlucky with the Sives suspension and Ogleby injury as it forced us into a system we weren't really used to. I expect us to play better once those two are back.
    two questions. What was the difference in the system played on Saturday? Have you seen Ogleby play in our two previous competitive games ?
    The reason I ask is because it was the same system in all games 4231 and White is the player I prefer having watched all three games.
    Different in the sense that you have a player playing right-back who has been playing centre-mid in all of pre-season and player out injured all season playing centre-mid, perhaps clumsy wording from me. I don't think you'd have seen the chaos following the 2nd goal with the same 11 who'd started the previous games.

I haven't seen Ogleby play in those games but I did see him play 90 mins against Arbroath where I very much liked the look of him. White didn't do enough for me on Saturday for a guy up there as a target man. Wasn't in the game anywhere near enough.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:05 pm

mozam76 wrote:Was that not Bryan Prunty for Dumbarton LF?

It's done us well too right enough, Jimmy Scotts pinger vs Alloa last season was over quarter of a million views last time I looked.

That's the one yep, been a few good goals in Dumbarton games for both sides.

Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:41 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:
    Smithy wrote:
    Different in the sense that you have a player playing right-back who has been playing centre-mid in all of pre-season and player out injured all season playing centre-mid, perhaps clumsy wording from me. I don't think you'd have seen the chaos following the 2nd goal with the same 11 who'd started the previous games.

I haven't seen Ogleby play in those games but I did see him play 90 mins against Arbroath where I very much liked the look of him. White didn't do enough for me on Saturday for a guy up there as a target man. Wasn't in the game anywhere near enough.

Yes I can see where you are coming from EL

judge one player v arbroath
    judge another v hibs

so you have made a level playing field judgement lol

Its all about opinions but I was always told to compare apples with apples
    somehow dont think you have done this.

Last edited by Smithy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:33 am

True, admittedly but I think against any opposition to a certain extent you can judge the natural talent of a player. Hibs are clearly the toughest opposition we've faced this season so that's a bit of an anomaly in itself.

As I say, I didnt rate what White did when he did get himself on the ball as much as I did when I've seen Ogleby on the ball. I think Ogleby also has the physical attributes to potentially be the perfect striker, should he get his finishing sorted.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:03 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:True, admittedly but I think against any opposition to a certain extent you can judge the natural talent of a player. Hibs are clearly the toughest opposition we've faced this season so that's a bit of an anomaly in itself.

As I say, I didnt rate what White did when he did get himself on the ball as much as I did when I've seen Ogleby on the ball. I think Ogleby also has the physical attributes to potentially be the perfect striker, should he get his finishing sorted.

No problem mate we are all entitled to our opinions.

Having watched them both I feel that White is best choice out of the two to play in the one man up top role.However they both can be assets for us this season and I also feel they could play together if we ever go with two upfront as they are different types of players.

Lets let them settle in and hopefully we can get the best out of both of them as they are still young guys. Its a shame that Ogleby has been injured but this will give White a run in the team and the team is not weaker as a result because the squad overall this year is quite strong.

We have to beating the likes of Cowdenbeath today though to get some points on the board.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:07 am

Not seen much of Ogleby, only his brief appearance at Albion Rovers, but his name kept coming up on twitter during games I wasn't at, and he seemed to be through on goal a lot. His failing was not scoring with those chances which is a pretty big issue for a striker. May just have been a case of it being early in the season and the goals would have come.

I'd rather we at least had a striker making chances in front of goal right enough, hopefully against Cowden one of our strikers bags a few and gets some confidence from scoring.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Has to be said, White took his goal brilliantly and looked dangerous today. Very calm compared to Ogleby's finishing. Can see McGlynn sticking with him when Ogleby comes back.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

From what I've seen of Ogleby so far he would be fine if the crossbar was 18 inches higher. Everything he tried went right over.

Maybe he will have it sorted when he comes back. I am happy to give him another chance.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:13 pm

It brings good competition when Ogleby returns. Mullen can play up front too so that makes it better. Last time we had more than two choices for strikers was when we had Deuchar, Boulding, McNulty and Russell.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:18 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:Has to be said, White took his goal brilliantly and looked dangerous today. Very calm compared to Ogleby's finishing. Can see McGlynn sticking with him when Ogleby comes back.

Nice to see you have come round to my way of thinking lol.

Yes White did very well today and looked so composed by taking the ball round the keeper and slotting the ball home.

Thought him and Gary Glen linked up so well in the second half and both players worked their socks off
    for the team the whole game.

Well done to the manager for changing the formation to go two up after the break.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:14 pm