The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
orco
Auld Nick
Hoochthedrummer
Durnford
Liviforever
forzalfc
10 posters

LFC Squad - 2020-21

Troy

LFC Squad - 2020-21 - Page 8 Empty Re: LFC Squad - 2020-21

Post by Troy Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 am

I just find it inconcievable that we will attempt to go through the season with only two rookie recognised strikers.With so many of our forward line gone,one way or another i feel the need for at least a back up will be required if we incur injuries or suspensions. Even now we are at a crucial part of the season and god knows we are going to need all the help we can get to stay in this league 🦁
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 am

Not sure I'd refer to either Lokotsch or Poplatnik as rookie's. both came to Livi with significant experience, more than Dykes, and in Poplatnik's case, experience of the challenges of settling in a new country with a different language.

Last season, with Hamilton, Tiffoney and De Vita all out on loan; Dykes was pretty much our only striker option albeit ably supported by Robinson and Lawless. This season we have Forrest instead of Lawless and I feel Lokotsch has already shown bags of potential.

Rushing out to get some has been crock who used to play for X "big" team, or another untried youngster (which is pretty much all we can afford with no money coming through the gates), isn't the way to go in my opinion.

We're in a better position than we were last year, squad wise, if we can get over the goalkeeping/defence problem.

Edit - looking at games played we've scored eight goals in our first eight games (including both sides of the old firm) but conceded 14 goals in the same period. However, if we take the sevco game out of the equation, we've conceded two goals a game where McCrorie has been in goal. If we'd conceded two goals a game last season we'd definitely have been relegated.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:29 am

Yep,take your points Durnford.I was talkin rookie in a wider sense and knew nothing about them when they came,maybe i phrased it wrong.Its all about opinions of course and mine may differ at times from others.The point i made regarding injuries and suspensions was a prevelant one, although obviously dont want to see any of those materialise. And yes i do understand we can recall any of our loanees at any given time although they might realise getting game time with their respective new clubs.Its a bit concerning and hopefully we get through this without having to recall or sign someone that will genuinely help us.Wel just have to wait and see.🦁
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm

Troy wrote:Yep,take your points Durnford.I was talkin rookie in a wider sense and knew nothing about them when they came,maybe i phrased it wrong.Its all about opinions of course and mine may differ at times from others.The point i made regarding injuries and suspensions was a prevelant one, although obviously dont want to see any of those materialise. And yes i do understand we can recall any of our loanees at any given time although they might realise getting game time with their respective new clubs.Its a bit concerning and hopefully we get through this without having to recall or sign someone that will genuinely help us.Wel just have to wait and see.🦁

Your view is perfectly valid Troy.

Injuries to the forward line hit us particularly hard over the past two years with both Hardie and Dykes being out on separate spells. In both occasions we tried to muddle through by using a variety of midfielders/winger in the front position but with only limited success. This season we seem, on paper at least, to be better covered but I also feel the opposition are that much stronger this year; we dont seem to have any Dundee's or Jambos in the league.

On a separate subject; one of my difficulties though is, as we're not likely to be allowed near the live game for some time, we have to rely almost totally on the quality of PPV or televised games. Unfortunately that makes it extremely difficult to assess what players are really doing unless they're near the ball at any particular time.

Obviously I note that some have criticised Bartley this season but we're totally unable to see the work he puts in off the ball.

All in all its really frustrating. I'm not really a televised football person at the best of time and vastly prefer the experience of being there but we are where we are at the moment. The week's seem a lot longer between games though or maybe that's just related to the fact that we're not performing well and I'm impatient for us to turn things around at the next game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Yeh,i guess thats the frustrations of being a Livi fan these days.Agree on your assesment of Bartley. He does a lot more than people see and fwitsw were lucky to have him.Whatching the games on TV can be infuriating at times,but as you say,its all weve got for god knows how long.On the plus side ive sorted the sound problems ive been getting on the live feed.Needed an audio digital cable to go from my computer to my telly, sorted.Will be good to actually here as well as see,especially Bingos interviews on Saturday. Oh god,im starting to feel confident,need to take a pooder.😂🦁
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Dont get me started on the sound!!!!

So often I've been getting the commentary saying "oh and that was a great chance for Pittman just over the bar" before the ball's even got to him on screen. On that basis I'm might as well be watching the highlight and it could be argued I am if what I'm seeing is actually about three seconds behind reality.

To be fair the Livi feed has generally been better than some of the away grounds I've been watching. The biggest delay for me was St Mirren compounded by the fact that I could only get the "home" commentary.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Esp when our camera guy takes a fancy to the opposition manager, and zooms in on him for ages whilst play is going on. I'm far more interested in what's going on with the players on the pitch than watching Brian Rice's ugly mug for 30 seconds.

Feels like away games even when we're at home, just don't get the feel of a home game when you aren't there sitting in the stands. You also get disconnected from the club, and it doesn't help that all interviews and highlights are exclusively for subscribers to LFC tv, as any wee bit of info to connect you to the team/club making you feel a part of Livi fc, is drip fed to you through the online media several days later.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:30 pm

I read on Twitter that Souda has been training on his own. Wonder what happened there. He was always handy to bring on and he put in lovely crosses.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:10 am

Aye, was good at taking corners too, with his funny wee run up. Mentioned somewhere that i saw his shirt being sponsored the other day, so you'd think he was still here for the season, shite if Livi are letting someone waste their dosh sponsoring him if he isn't in our plans to get a game again.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am

Looks like a signing is imminent.OS teasing us.Baited breath.🦁
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 am

Maybe we've beaten United to Marc McNulty?
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Uncanny,Durnford.I was actuaully thinking that after id posted.Thought The Arabs were after him though.Just have to bide our time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Did someone on the Livi FB page say he was up on match fixing charges, aye it'll def be him we're signing then, we like a boy with a bit of a dodgy past/present. lol!

Taking their time letting us know, the big LFC Squad - 2020-21 - Page 8 Maltes10
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Durnford wrote:Maybe we've beaten United to Marc McNulty?

Might even be the other Sparky on loan from Celtic, notice they'd given Dundee an on loan striker, they may be putting other players out on loan too, and would get his fitness up for January window to take him back. Another possibility with baggage.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Jay Emanual Thomas it is then.Experianced Striker who should bolster our attack.Well done the club for getting this done.Thatl do for me.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, or JET to save us some dosh putting letters on his shirt.

LFC Squad - 2020-21 - Page 8 Imagep10

Troy likes this post

Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Ex Arsenal player apparently - played under Wenger?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:45 pm

At 6ft 3 he's a big lad who isn't going to get pushed around much. Strangely (if transfer market is to believed) he's only got nine yellows in his entire career. For a big competitive forward; I would have expected a far higher total - Dykes seem to get near to that total for last season alone).

If he has any speed and can win the ball in the air; this should be very interesting.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:56 pm

If he can strike a ball as good as he used to We're in for a treat.Big lad who gives us that option if we need it.Might have to wait for Int clearance to come through before we see him.Gary and Davie are impressed, thatl do for me.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 pm

Durnford wrote:At 6ft 3 he's a big lad who isn't going to get pushed around much. Strangely (if transfer market is to believed) he's only got nine yellows in his entire career. For a big competitive forward; I would have expected a far higher total - Dykes seem to get near to that total for last season alone).

If he has any speed and can win the ball in the air; this should be very interesting.

Some of Dykes bookings were needles and silly things though, pushing an opposition player as he tried to take a quick free kick, niggly fouls, generally winding folk up in front of the ref etc.

JET looks a bit heavier/bulky than his younger leaner days, hopefully he'll have a better attitude than Stokes and will work hard to get his fitness up, to be at his best for us. Exciting prospect though, def had the talent to make it big, doubt that talent has disappeared, just needs some confidence again to bring it out.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm

I get the feeling that hes one of the many players weve had whose perhaps fallen of the wagon a bit,but as we know we are masters of getting the best out of these type of players given time.I had more in hope that we would get another striker in,and in that hense im delighted. Cant wait to see him in action 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Watching that vid of his goals, he has some strike on him, between him and Serrano i'd be telling both of them to shoot on sight of goal.

Funny that only a week or so ago i was wondering when the last time we saw a Livi player hit one in the net from outside the box, now we've got Serrano and Forrest capable of doing so, and this fella JET too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:05 pm

When I heard about this signing the first person that came to mind was Troy and I thought thank God he'll be happy now. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 pm

I am Orco.Seriously,hope the club hasnt broke the bank on this deal.He comes with a lot of promise and time will tell if it was worth it.Like others my spirit has been considerably lifted and i feel a sense of relief and that this has given us a better chance of attaining our goal.Consolodation in these troubled times.😂👍🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:02 am

Jay Emmanuel- Thomas? Certainly a bigger name than I was expecting..... I’ll get me coat

Troy likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 am