The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Dundee

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Empty Livi v Dundee

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:21 pm

Again, looking at the table a win would move us right up into top 6 again, and give us a 5pts gap over some of the chasing pack. With Hearts playing another erse cheek we could go above them, which would make things tasty when we play them at Tynecastle.

Think Dundee are missing some first choice players still, Tiffoney was out against County and their strikers aren't up to much, but we need to get decent balls to Anderson and be more aggressive on the attack, we've players that will score goals if we play tactics that suit them, it's at home so i'm quite optimistic that we will, and take all 3pts. Mon the Lions, lets do this shower and take all 3pts. bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Dundee Empty Re: Livi v Dundee

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:03 am

1-1 written all over it
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:18 am

Once again,commercialy this is a huge opportunity for us.If we could get any kind of win we could put a feelgood factor among the kids and their families wanting to come back.To the game itself. Hopefully weve learned from last weeks calamity at the back,especially at set peices and balls floated in.Dundee won't be pushovers and will fancy there chances of turning us over.Suspect home advantage and a decent backing will see us prevail. But how many times have I said that before.FFS Livi,just do it.👊🦁⬆.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:22 pm

Just to edit.Weather forecast decent from 11am till evening the morra. 👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:56 pm

Even when we were absolute dross playing away from home, and couldn't even score a goal in 8 away games, we still managed wins and draws playing at home. Have done well playing at home this season too, but really need to be winning this game, don't think a draw does us much good when we're playing a team we want to put distance from.

We're coming into a month that has 3 away games and only one home game,  and that's against Sevco, so 3pts here is crucial, because i can't see us taking many pts in November.

Hearts away, St Mirren away, and Sevco at home, and Dundee away, I'd be looking at the Dundee game to get a win, and hoping for a draw or two in the other away games. Maybe even nicking an unexpected win. We have been pumped twice off Sevco away, so don't hold out much hope of even taking a draw against them at home, but you never know.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:52 pm

Obileye out. 😦
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:15 pm

Dire
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:58 pm

What can I say.Utterly disgraceful performance from us.What was Montano doing?.Obviously changed the game.Wont watch the highlights as there were none for us.Holt getting mom kinda summed up our day albeit he had a decent game up until 20 mins to go.Powderpuff up front with no significant service made the outcome inevitable. Once again weve massively shot ourselves in the foot regarding potential future support when its badly needed.Doubt many of them will return after that dross.Capped off with one or two supporters giving Davie grief at the end and tbf rightly so.Next four games ominous ,and should tell us where we're going to end up.No longer early in the seasons expectations.I said 9th back in August.But I've my doubts as it currently stands.Frustrated and dissapointed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:54 pm

Dross is exactly right Troy; if Jim McLean was manager he’d fine the lot of them for that.

First half was terrible to watch, we were better than them but that means nothing when you don’t create any real chances or even get anything on target. Shaughnessy didn’t break sweat in the first half. Why? Because some idiot wanted us to use the tactic of isolating Bruce Anderson up front with no support from anyone else in the side & rather than give him something to chase down or give him the ball to feet we lumped it up for Shaughnessy to clear. In short he was given no service whatsoever.

Montano & Penrice occasionally got forward but to no avail because Nouble isn’t interested anymore. I love what he can bring to the side but he hasn’t brought it for months now and needs to have either a rocket up his backside or a spell on the bench.

The second half at least brought a little bit of attacking play but it was still inept at best. Montano’s departure (Collum almost gave him a straight red from his shirt pocket but changed his mind and went to his shorts for a yellow… I knew right away it would be upgraded to red by VAR).

The disallowed goal was a joke defensively and while it was funny to see it disallowed by VAR they got that decision massively wrong. Nobody prevented George from making a save other than his own inability to get across his goal to pick up a shot that wouldn’t have burst a wet paper bag. Thereafter 11v 10 was a walk in the park for Dundee because the players remaining on the pitch showed no guts, no fight & no desire, to a man they were a disgrace and I include Davie in that because the buck stops with him and he needs to take responsibility for failing to motivate a team to look remotely interested in winning the game.

Troy used one word to describe the performance - dross - I’ll use two words, utter shambles.

The fact Dundee sit 4th just proves that our league is a joke because while they scooshed it in the end, they were no better than us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am

I went in hoping for a win. After the sending off I hoped we'd hold out for a draw. Finally all I had to hang on to was the thought that I might be allowed a wee bit of righteous indignation and a successful appeal for an unfair sending off. Having seen the footage now - some hope of that!

I have no aspirations for Wednesday night. Even when we are playing well Tynecastle is a bogey ground. It's going to be a long season. 🙄
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 am

We just didn't perform - for me there were no positives to take from the game.
    The sending off - we actually went to 9 as Nouble was a waste of space and did not put any effort in - wasn't just him . but he was worse offender - should have bee subbed.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Thought it best not to post my feeling yesterday, and wait a day to try and post rationally. lol!

We're missing Obileye big time, we've built our team around a back 3, and been pretty solid against the diddy teams outside the erse cheeks, but Obileye is a massive part of that, because without him we can't defend set pieces, 5 goals in the last two games, all from set plays.

Montano's sending off undoubtedly changed the game, most teams go into a low block to just see out the game after losing a player, making it harder to play against them, for us anyway, but we lose our shape and get torn to pieces, happened last season too, against Aberdeen & Hibs. Up till then it was 0-0 all day long, with both teams looking shite in attack. Montano was also our only spark in attack, making driving runs and knocking it forward quickly. And he's good in the air too, which prob contributed to Dundee scoring from 2 balls played into our box.

Going forward (forgive the pun), i'd like for us to used Montano (when he's served his suspension) and MacKay on the wings, with Penrice and Brandon as WB's, but to do that we'd have to drop Nouble, so fat chance.

We've built our attack around Nouble, and when he isn't on song (about 99% of this season), we're knackered. He slows everything down, waiting to draw opposition players in before making his move, which is fine if he gets past them and keeps on going, but all it does now is slow down our attack, then he goes for the easy/lazy option and passes it to another player. MacKay and Montano are both more aggressive in attack and would put defenders on the back foot, driving at them, which would help us get to the byeline and knock balls across for Anderson.

We're absolutely toothles in attack just now, but have a few players that are good if we'd just play to their strengths.

orco likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm