The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Troy
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

livikev
    livikev

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by livikev Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Well , we had our chances to kill this off and didn't take them.

Max will be feeling crap - disappointment all round
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:20 pm

For the first time this season I have hope that we will stay up. Seems an odd thing to say after losing at home but we showed enough today to suggest we are probably better than 2 or 3 other teams.

Both goals conceded were disappointing for different reasons, the first one we were actually defending their attack well but failed to get distance on the clearance attempt. The lad struck it well but I thought Max should have saved it… that said he may have been unsighted until the last second.

The second one Max certainly ought to have saved & he will know that better than anyone, you could see how gutted he was at the end & credit to Lewis for putting an arm round him as they went off.

First half I thought we were the better side & deserved our lead. Pittman really should have made it 2 shortly after the opener & he had a chance early on at 0-0 too after great work by Jacko & Forrest.
    The performance of the side was so much better than anything we had seen up to now.

Second half we started really well & had a chance only for them to bring it back up to our end & grab the equaliser. Thereafter Aberdeen probably edged it but we were still in with a shout, Obeleye’s header which was cleared off the line would have been a cracker of a headed goal had it gone in but as time began to run out I was thinking I’d have bitten your hand off if offered a point before kick off & that 1-1 was probably a fair reflection on the game. Only for Max to inexplicably drop the ball over the line.

Gutted to lose in such a fashion but lots of positives from the performance.

Clancy seemed to be reffing evenly in the first half but in the second he was worse than useless.

Finally, what were the Aberdeen fans doing on the pitch? Anyone would have thought they’d just won the league. Idiots.

Two big home games coming up, St Mirren in the cup & Motherwell the following week in the league.
    Win the first of those & we could be on a money spinning quarter final - win the second & we will climb the table.

So come on lads - keep your heads up, you didn’t deserve to lose the game & if you play like that every week you will do enough to secure another season in the top flight.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:37 pm

Such a sore one to take.To lose in that fashion was criminal. The chances we didn't take have ultimately cost us the game.Max will get over this im sure,I was right in line when the ball went in.It was as if the Don's support were sucking it in.It was an improved performance but try telling that to the Livi support this evening.Moral will take a hit here for a few days,then hopefully the team will dust themselves down. And yes Clancy was an absolute arse.The way Brown bossed him around was embarrassing. So onto next week.If the players put that kind of shift in,I'd be optimistic of getting a favourable result. More on that later.Chins up lads.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:36 pm

What did i say about coming away from a game against the sheep feeling how the feck did we lose that, bloody hell, they got us again!

Was stuck in the South stand behind the goals so was difficult to see what was happening for all the goals, looked like we had another 2 great chances in the first half though and should've been 2 or 3 up at HT, with some quick counter attacks seeing us through on goal.

2nd half we had another great chance and weren't clinical enough, then they equalised, again up the other end (haven't watched the highlights on sportscene yet). When Hammy came on he got another good chance, however looked like we had 2 opportunities in more central positions but passed them up and ended up at Hammy from an angle.

We were still doing the long diagonal ball pass down the wings, and bringing it out of defence, and still got caught a few times with defensive mistake from that tactic, inviting pressure, then giving the ball away, but got away with them. We also looked a lot better in attack with the diagonal ball, maybe because Devlin was playing, still wish we'd go through the centre more and not stick to playing it out to the wing so often.

All in all we looked a lot better than we have in prev games this season, and def didn't deserve to lose the game, which gives me a feeling of optimism for the season. Aberdeen are one of the best teams in the league, we gave them a tough game and deserved at least a point. Hopefully we'll sharpen up a bit in front of goal as the season goes on too, because we could've had the game sewn up well before they scored.

Gutter of a way to lose the game, in injury time, and a GK mistake, just have to take heart from our overall performance and move onto the next game, and get a win against St Mirren.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:22 am