The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Lexi Collector
Geraden
Achilles
mozam76
KeekTennant
spiggle
cptn_hooch
LiviCub
Contemporary
orco
Smithy
Durnford
sunderland
Liviforever
Auld Nick
forzalfc
Edward snowdon
ianlivi
djs9750
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
26 posters

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Dukrell is only 18 and Neill is 19, we must have the youngest squad in the league this season.
    Durnford

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:25 pm

For a midfielder he certainly seems to know where the goal is:

Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Might put money on us signing this guy after comments by Callum Carson:

"Hugo Faria is a 32-year-old CB who had previously played with Mark Burchill at Enosis Neon"

For a 32 year old he certainly ran around a lot last night and was particularly strong with the challenges.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:01 am

Who was the 32 year old CB? It looked like Sives & Neill as the CB pairing to me?

According to Wiki, Faria is a Portuguese midfielder and the photo of him looks like the older midfielder that played in the second half last night.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

If you want cheering up have a look at Moses Duckrell's facebook page

With lines like this before the Real game:

Uncle Mos ‏@MosesDuckrell
    Today is one of the most important days of my life! The excitement is major
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:17 pm

And from CC

Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 1h1 hour ago
    @LiviFCOfficial signing @MosesDuckrell says signing first pro contract was a 'dream come true' http://bit.ly/1DgPlCp
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Can't Help hoping it works out for the guy; what an attitude:

Callum Carson wrote:Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 19h19 hours ago
    @MosesDuckrell @LiviFCOfficial don't think I've ever interviewed someone who was so happy to sign for a club! Good luck Moses!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Here's something to balance your upbeat posts and get Bertie back into his comfort zone, Cole is injured and Gordon's ill, that's why they haven't played recently.

On a more positive note, sorry Bertie, we have just signed a few players that seem more than adequate replacements for them and bodes well for the depth in quality of our squad for the season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:25 pm

I liked what I saw on Monday and I think with that level of application we should do okay BUT it is a very young squad so is likely to be rife with inconsistency and form in pre season bears absolutely no relation to how we will play/perform when the season actually starts. With that in mind it would be very unfair to pile pressure on them with high expectations, let them go out and express themselves and give them 100% backing and perhaps most importantly don't jump all over them when things don't go as well as we would like
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Agreed Bertie, I really hope our fans don't get on the young players backs when they make mistakes, esp Millen at RB who looks like he will take a wee while to settle into the Championship, and Durnford said he was affected by the Pars fans giving him grief so it isn't going to do him any good hearing our fans shouting at him.

I think Gibbons will be fine, same with Neill, both having been at bigger clubs and look full of confidence.

What I like about this seasons squad is players playing in specific positions that suit them and others competing for those positions. Seems a more balanced squad that Burchill has put together, however the real test will be a competitive game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes, was noticing that myself. Burchy seems to have a good idea of what he wants, so hopefully he can communicate that to the squad & we make progress
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:32 am

Well just seen a snapchat that shows Declan Gallagher back in our dressing rooms with his training kit on. Has a meeting with Burchill today and looks like we have the big man back! BELTER

#BringBackDeclan
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Achilles wrote:Well just seen a snapchat that shows Declan Gallagher back in our dressing rooms with his training kit on. Has a meeting with Burchill today and looks like we have the big man back! BELTER

#BringBackDeclan

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Squad photo up on twitter and Declan Gallagher is in it. cheers

Cole has the captain armband too so could be the new captain.

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 16 CKdaAn8W8AE1LPG
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Liviforever wrote:Squad photo up on twitter and Declan Gallagher is in it.  cheers

Cole has the captain armband too so could be the new captain.

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 16 CKdaAn8W8AE1LPG

This pleases me
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Wonder if Gallagher will get Cole's No 4 shirt and Cole take the vacant No 8 which was O'Brien's old number in midfield.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:41 pm

I can see the armband on Cole... I don't see Declan though
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:46 pm

In between Pittman and Buchanan, from R to L as you look at it in the front row; Georgiev, Pittman, Gallagher, Buchanan.......
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Your photo stops at Buchanan from L to R, I had a look at the official photo on the club site and it does look like him sitting next to Buchanan but he is not yet in the individual squad photos.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Your photo stops at Buchanan from L to R, I had a look at the official photo on the club site and it does look like him sitting next to Buchanan but he is not yet in the individual squad photos.

Not on my screen it doesn't, clearly shows Burchill, Hopkin, Buchanan, Gallagher, Pittmann, Georgiev.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:05 am

Was absolutely buzzing when I saw big Deks in that photo but it's a shame they don't have the Petrofac Cup infront of the squad in that photo. Should always have a trophy you've won the previous season in the squad photo.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 am

Yep, agree with Lexi. No idea why the cup isn't there.

The idea of playing Sives at right-back is an interesting one but I can't help but feel he'd be too slow. Very good in the opposition box though, it has to be said.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:38 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Your photo stops at Buchanan from L to R, I had a look at the official photo on the club site and it does look like him sitting next to Buchanan but he is not yet in the individual squad photos.

Not on my screen it doesn't, clearly shows Burchill, Hopkin, Buchanan, Gallagher, Pittmann, Georgiev.

It was like that on my iPad but on my PC it was complete. Very Happy

Hopefully he's back then, certainly looks happy enough in the photo.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Yep, agree with Lexi. No idea why the cup isn't there.

The idea of playing Sives at right-back is an interesting one but I can't help but feel he'd be too slow. Very good in the opposition box though, it has to be said.

Exactly what I was thinking, Sives while a predator in the area sometimes look suspect with his lack of pace. I don't think Burchy would play him him at RB this season either. I haven't seen any of the new guys play but Neill looks more athletic than Sives? And has had good reviews, could maybe be an option?

We could always go 3-5-2? Would be interesting to see how that works during the season. The two full backs we have signed are younger guys, so it might give them some time to bed in.

Its rare that anyone gets so excited over defensive options, but we seem to have it almost nailed down.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:31 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Yep, agree with Lexi. No idea why the cup isn't there.

Going by what Ive seen of Millen, id rather have Sives at right back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am