The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Lexi Collector
Geraden
Achilles
mozam76
KeekTennant
spiggle
cptn_hooch
LiviCub
Contemporary
orco
Smithy
Durnford
sunderland
Liviforever
Auld Nick
forzalfc
Edward snowdon
ianlivi
djs9750
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
26 posters

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Smithy
    Smithy

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Smithy Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:28 pm

forzalfc wrote:Hopefully we re-sign Declan when he's out of jail.  Especially considering Burchill said he'd stand by him.
    hope so and 3 years seems harsh tbh
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Smithy wrote:
    forzalfc wrote:Hopefully we re-sign Declan when he's out of jail.  Especially considering Burchill said he'd stand by him.
    hope so and 3 years seems harsh tbh

3 years is nothing when you consider what he was found guilty of, which is essentially assault with a deadly weapon.

That said, given his admission that he was involved in the incident, his regret & remorse over his involvement & his continued denial that he used a bat, along with the good references that were provided for him, I too was surprised at the sentence.

Clearly the jury didn't believe him & neither did the judge.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:50 pm

I'd be supportive of him re-signing when he eventually gets out. I agree with Bertie though that 3 years for batting someone in the head is probably pretty lenient, considering he'll likely only spend half of that in jail.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Maybe see him about the Jan transfer window in 18 months time.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Shaun Rutherford has signed for QOS. I never rated him.
    I think you made that clear to his mates at Waverley that time haha!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:04 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:Shaun Rutherford has signed for QOS. I never rated him.
    I think you made that clear to his mates at Waverley that time haha!

Hahaha I have a very fuzzy recollection of being less than complimentary about him after all that free booze I was given that evening.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:05 am

But aye, guys like him are why we were shite for much of last season. It's nothing personal, he's just not very good at football that's all.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 am

Football all about opinions Lexi you obviously don't rate a boy who played for us at 17/18 whereas the manager of a team that finished 5 places above us does. Personally I think he was steady and for his age did well nothing great but as he's young and developing we should have given him a extra year .
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 am

Edward snowdon wrote:Football all about opinions Lexi you obviously don't rate a boy who played for us at 17/18 whereas the manager of a team that finished 5 places above us does. Personally I think he was steady and for his age did well nothing great but as he's young and developing we should have given him a extra year .

Agreed; he was often better than Talbot in the earlier parts of the season and played well against the Rangers; he did tend to dwell too long on the ball but put that down to age and experience.

Also I think there needs to be a realisation on what is "good enough". We won't be challenging for promotion or even a play off place this season; at best we can aim for mid table and hopefully avoid the bottom of the table melee. Granted it was pretty exciting last season but murder on the nerves. Give me a boring mid table display please.

Fortunately this season we won't be starting with bomb-scare Mensing; that's worth a few points on it's own.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:50 am

Jordyn Sheerin signed from Musselburgh + new contract for Ryan Currie (which we already knew).

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/two-more-signings-confirmed/
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:01 pm

forzalfc wrote:Jordyn Sheerin signed from Musselburgh + new contract for Ryan Currie (which we already knew).

Another Striker? Presumably Sekajja and/or Boulding aren't being renewed then?
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Durnford wrote:
    forzalfc wrote:Jordyn Sheerin signed from Musselburgh + new contract for Ryan Currie (which we already knew).

Exactly what I was thinking. Be good to see Boulding kept at least.

Not sure what to make of Sheerin as he was released from East Stirling of all teams a few years back, but he seems to have got his game together in the juniors.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:23 pm

forzalfc wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Be good to see Boulding kept at least.

Not sure what to make of Sheerin as he was released from East Stirling of all teams a few years back, but he seems to have got his game together in the juniors.

And East Fife as well; also at the age of 25 he's almost half way through his career but maybe it took that time to get his act together - that being said 37 goals, even at junior level as a part timer, isn't exactly to be ignored.

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:49 pm

That's a lot of goals at a not bad level. Got to imagine he's got something about him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Also from Callum Carson:

Sheerin's deal at Livi is for two years. Also, Ryan Currie is very highly rated by Burchill - expect him to get a fair number of games.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:18 pm

According to CC:

Daily Record reporting Jordan Lister has signed for Livi - Livi saying it's absolutely not true.

Asked Gordon Ford re: Jordan Lister - he says club haven't signed him. So there we go!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Roru Boulding, absolute shite. Get this c*** to fuck.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Roru Boulding, absolute shite. Get this c*** to fuck.

Agree Lexi. (apart from the sweary words.) Rolling Eyes
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

3 expletives in a sentence of 9 words, I'm relatively happy with that. It's almost certainly impossible for me to not swear. This forum is well moderated, unlike any other previous/current Livi forums.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:3 expletives in a sentence of 9 words, I'm relatively happy with that. It's almost certainly impossible for me to not swear. This forum is well moderated, unlike any other previous/current Livi forums.

And yet here you are managing 34 words (including numerical representations of words) & not a sweary in sight! cheers

Keep it up Lexi, you'll maybe show us what you are really made of. You got a 2.1 at Uni, you are clearly not thick as mince, so your vocabulary should be stronger than taking the lazy option of using an expletive that any ignoramus could use. #wordsmith
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm

I suppose it is rumours, does anybody know when the new kit will be unveiled?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:3 expletives in a sentence of 9 words, I'm relatively happy with that. It's almost certainly impossible for me to not swear. This forum is well moderated, unlike any other previous/current Livi forums.

And yet here you are managing 34 words (including numerical representations of words) & not a sweary in sight! cheers

Keep it up Lexi, you'll maybe show us what you are really made of. You got a 2.1 at Uni, you are clearly not thick as mince, so your vocabulary should be stronger than taking the lazy option of using an expletive that any ignoramus could use. #wordsmith

I'm just a very angry young man.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 am

Contemporary wrote:I suppose it is rumours, does anybody know when the new kit will be unveiled?

Expecting it in the next couple of days, Football Nation Twitter on Sunday said "This coming week fans of @albionrovers @CowdenbeathFC @LiviFCOfficial should be paying attention to our timeline #kitnews", since then the Albion Rovers home and Cowdenbeath away kit have been posted so would think ours will be pretty soon...
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:32 am

Neil McGlade reporting in yesterday's Edinburgh Evening News that "Winger Myles Hippolyte has also been offered terms for next season" Wouldn't mind his signing again as a impact sub once again,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 am