The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Achilles
HoudaBetsy
Afro
ianlivi
mozam76
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
Durnford
LiviLion
Liviforever
Smithy
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
17 posters

Transfer Rumours

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Transfer Rumours Empty Transfer Rumours

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Apparently Keaghan Jacobs is staying at Livi, didn't know he was in danger of leaving. Neither did Burchill: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livi-boss-keaghan-jacobs-is-not-leaving-1-3648009

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Transfer Rumours Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:00 am

Happy that he actually rates Hippolyte and will give him a chance.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:16 am

I see Dave Stoker has said the transfer ban may have been lifted.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:23 pm

It has been lifted; report on club web site; Gordon McDougall has paid the agreed amount, presumably this is now owed to him by the club - but I don't expect him to call in the "marker" any time soon.

It will be interesting to see who we try to get in.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Hopefully Burchill knows of a half decent striker knocking about. Is Jason Scotland getting any games at Accies I wonder.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Striker and a right-back if Donaldson is not back soon.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:It has been lifted; report on club web site; Gordon McDougall has paid the agreed amount, presumably this is now owed to him by the club - but I don't expect him to call in the "marker" any time soon.

Suppose it could be read like that but you've got to assume the Hearts money went towards it as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:34 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:It has been lifted; report on club web site; Gordon McDougall has paid the agreed amount, presumably this is now owed to him by the club - but I don't expect him to call in the "marker" any time soon.

Suppose it could be read like that but you've got to assume the Hearts money went towards it as well.

What, the 1,500 that went missing in the EAA Bermuda triangle on our official att figures? Wink
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Liviforever wrote:Hopefully Burchill knows of a half decent striker knocking about. Is Jason Scotland getting any games at Accies I wonder.
    Why a striker as you think Ogleby will start scoring soon lol

Keep the faith in big Jordan LF , he is a very decent player and his goal ratio is good if you take out the games against the big three in the league. Played 12 Scored 6 and he brings so much more to the team than goals. He doubles as a centre half at all corners and is one of the hardest working players in the team. You liked the big guy so what's happened to you? He was exceptional v Raith scored a pen and set another two up. He had a very good game on Saturday as did Gary Glen and wee Danny Mullen. I'm sure we will see goals from all three in the coming weeks.

We have to have a good January and if we are going to bring someone
    in, then we need to look at the fullback position first imo .

First and foremost don't concede then try and win,that way we will always get at least a point in games.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Can't say I agree with you Smithy, we're always likely to concede a goal when we've not scored any. When we've been on top in games and not scored it has given the PT teams confidence in the 2nd half and they have nicked the points, had we scored it would deflate them and give us confidence to build on.
    We've not scored a goal in our last 3 games and could've got something from all of them if we'd stuck our chances away.

White grafts and so does Glen and Mullen, we're needing a clinical finisher though and all 3 aint sticking the ball in the net enough. No doubt Mullen and White will score a few more goals but the position we're in we can't afford to wait on that happening.
    I think it has been 16 games since White scored from open play, and only got a goal recently from a penalty, afraid that isn't good enough as we need goals now.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:41 pm

We need to stop losing goals as I said before Don't concede and you don't lose games it's quite simple really. That has to be top priority in the transfer window.In fact I would rather get a new keeper than a new striker because although he is good at pens he has lost a lot of silly goals that has cost us points
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 pm

We wont win games without scoring either though and our record is very poor. The strikers have had half a season to prove themselves, this point of the season we need another striker in to score goals and win games.

I'd rather see Moffat getting a try at RB before bringing anyone in, but if we can afford it I'd get a striker and a RB, both positions are weak points in our team.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:00 am

You are entitled to your opinion mate but we will just have to agree to disagree for now. I'm sure we will have a good January which will set us up for staying in the division whatever happens in the transfer market, lets hope it works for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Smithy wrote:You are entitled to your opinion mate but we will just have to agree to disagree for now. I'm sure we will have a good January which will set us up for staying in the division whatever happens in the transfer market, lets hope it works for us.

Here's hoping.

An Ogleby hattrick against QoS to send us on our way..............................................ok I've taken that too far. drunken
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Jason Scotland has left Hamilton. He'll most likely be linked with everyone in this division at some point.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:48 am

LiviLion wrote:Jason Scotland has left Hamilton. He'll most likely be linked with everyone in this division at some point.

He's solid and can out muscle defenders to get a shot at goal, is a clinical finisher too, would be ideal for us to play off White. Proven in the Championship too so not even a gamble. Doubt a top 4 team would want him though, Hearts have an abundance of quality players, The Rangers and Hibs would be looking for Premiership quality and QoS don't really need him. Anyone outside the top 4 would def benefit from signing him though, Falkirk especially could do with a goal scoring striker.

I would be delighted if we signed him, would keep us up imo.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Jason Scotland has left Hamilton. He'll most likely be linked with everyone in this division at some point.

He's solid and can out muscle defenders to get a shot at goal, is a clinical finisher too, would be ideal for us to play off White. Proven in the Championship too so not even a gamble. Doubt a top 4 team would want him though, Hearts have an abundance of quality players, The Rangers and Hibs would be looking for Premiership quality and QoS don't really need him. Anyone outside the top 4 would def benefit from signing him though, Falkirk especially could do with a goal scoring striker.

I would be delighted if we signed him, would keep us up imo.

Scotland is no better than what we have already but would simply be another burden on the wage bill - a few years ago then maybe but not now. Hey; we already have Burchill for that role

Much though I don't like Rory Boulding for the way he left us he has the speed and eye for a goal that we could really use. It proved on Saturday that we can still create plenty of chances but need someone to nip in and take advantage. Boulding rarely created his own opportunities but certainly could feed off others.

He's been out for a while now so would probably be of a price level we could hopefully afford.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Scotland is a lot better than what we have now, Mullen, Burchill et al can't hold players off and get a shot at goals, they're too lightweight for that, they're more nippy for running at players. Boulding has done nothing since leaving Livi and we've not got the likes of McNulty and Barr to set it on a plate for him now. Reckon White would also benefit from Scotland playing alongside him. Not seen him doing anything at Falkirk since they signed him either.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Scotland is about ten times the player Boulding is.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Scotland is almost 36 years old now; he had a reasonable half season last year for Hamilton but has rarely scored more than once in every four games since he turned 30.

Appearances and goals
    2009–2010 Wigan Athletic        32 (1)
    2010–2013 Ipswich Town        87 (20)
    2013–2014 Barnsley                38 (8, )
    2014– Hamilton Academical 15 (8, )

A real thorn in our side when he was younger but everyone has a limit - remember the couple of ex-hibbie stars that graced the league last season - if we're heading down that route maybe we should try and get david Fernandez back (okay that last one was a bit was a wind up but then again...)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Durnford wrote:Scotland is almost 36 years old now; he had a reasonable half season last year for Hamilton but has rarely scored more than once in every four games since he turned 30.

Appearances and goals
    2009–2010 Wigan Athletic        32 (1)
    2010–2013 Ipswich Town        87 (20)
    2013–2014 Barnsley                38 (8, )
    2014– Hamilton Academical 15 (8, )

A real thorn in our side when he was younger but everyone has a limit - remember the couple of ex-hibbie stars that graced the league last season - if we're heading down that route maybe we should try and get david Fernandez back (okay that last one was a bit was a wind up but then again...)

That would still be better than what our players are doing now. Scored plenty for Accies last season, 17 games, scored 9 goals incl his goal against Hibs that got them to the Premiership. We're not going to get a Griffiths coming to Livi, Scotland or someone similar would be ample to keep us up.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:38 am

Posted a fake Scotland to Dunfermline rumour on p&b, they are talking like it's a done deal lol.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:16 am

Liviforever wrote:That would still be better than what our players are doing now. Scored plenty for Accies last season, 17 games, scored 9 goals incl his goal against Hibs that got them to the Premiership. We're not going to get a Griffiths coming to Livi, Scotland or someone similar would be ample to keep us up.

He did well for Accies last season but then again he was playing for a very good side in a significantly poorer league - this year he's a year older and the league is a lot stronger (still having trouble understanding that we never managed to keep hold of Andreu but that's another story).

Looking at what we have now; skill wise Mullen's possibly as skilful as McNulty but does seem to miss that vital spark at times; he's shorter and seems to bottle it in some challenges that McNulty would have thrown caution to the wind to win. Hopefully this is easier to resolve than the other way around.

White spends too much time backing up the defences and in midfield rather than playing as an out and out striker; until this is sorted we'll never see what he's really worth. When our defence and midfield was settled in the early game against Alloa at the Vale I think we saw snippets (and he scored a hat-trick) but hasn't really been allowed to concentrate on his main role since.

Glen really is a support player rather than an out and out striker; can't criticise his work ethic but is perhaps handicapped by being classed as a striker when what he really is a attacking midfield/winger.

Hippolyte has been a bit of an enigma; best played against a tiring opposition for maybe the last 25 minutes; poor against a fresh side and ineffective if brought on for the last 10 minutes. For me he seems to play best on the left wing but again I'm not sure I would really classify him as a striker.

I'm really struggling to say anything positive about Oglby; I had high hopes for him during the first 20 minutes against Albion Rovers but whenever I've seen him since he's failed to add anything. I really hope he goes on to prove me wrong and I appreciate he hasn't had much playing time but at the moment I really question whether he even needs to be in the squad? Maybe I'm being unfair; he's only 23 I think and he has had some chances.

Burchill is still a good utility player but also classifying him as a striker; well you might as well classify McKenna in the same vein.

On this basis we really only have two recognised first choice strikers, White and Mullen, the rest are really out of position. With White being used to knock the ball down the only chance we have of winning it is if Mullen is close by ready to poach the ball but in that case he needs to learn to stop bottling out of challenges. He's quite lightweight but we've had small players before who've been absolute terriers (e.g. Scougall).

Basically we need someone fast and not afraid to get stuck in; don't see Scotland as being able to fulfil that role any more unless you're thinking of replacing White in which case we'd need to play the ball on the ground a lot more than we do already.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Good summary D, but still think Scotland would play off White and vice versa and that would create chances in attack that both players would score goals from. White has too much to do all by himself and needs someone up there who is a presence, can hold off players and either take a shot or pass to White. As you say, Mullen is a bit too lightweight for that.

Ideally I'd like to see us play with pace to stretch defences and hit the byeline down the wings too, whipping crosses in along the 6 yard box but that aint happening either. So if we can't play the ball down the wings we need a burly guy in the middle of attack to mix it up with defenders and give White a chance to get into a goal scoring position too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:32 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:Posted a fake Scotland to Dunfermline rumour on p&b, they are talking like it's a done deal lol.

Would be even funnier if the press pick it up and run with it. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am