The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Achilles
HoudaBetsy
Afro
ianlivi
mozam76
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
Durnford
LiviLion
Liviforever
Smithy
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
17 posters

Transfer Rumours

mozam76
    mozam76

Transfer Rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by mozam76 Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Good luck to him and all that, but I'll tell you what, any time I saw him play he was rank rotten. I know he's had injuries and what not, but even so.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Hopefully Ogleby's departure is a sign of at least one new player coming in - I don't think we could do any worse, tbh.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 pm

Not seen anything official on Ogleby
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Not seen anything official on Ogleby

I wouldn't expect anything from the OS any time soon. He posted it himself on Twitter though.

"Today I have agreed to terminate my contract at @LiviFCOfficial."

"It's been an extremely frustrating 6 months for me and I feel the decision is best for both parties."

"I would like to thank @LiviFCOfficial for the opportunity and wish them all the best for the future and hope they can avoid relegation."
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Game against Celtic got cancelled but Burchill remains positive that we'll have some new faces in before the weekend.
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Gozie Ugwu. 2 others started vs Alloa u20s. Abandoned after 30 mins.
    Looked like a trialist on the bench. 2 others were more attacking, one looked playmaker kinda. One of those were Liverpudlian .
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Ugwu? Anyone ever heard of him?
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Achilles wrote:Ugwu? Anyone ever heard of him?

Ex dunfermline of recent. He's been at reading youth.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Googled him.

Gozie Ugwu
    Footballer

Chigozie Eze "Gozie" Ugwu is an English footballer who plays as a forward. He is currently without a club. He made his debut in the Football League in 2012, and his debut in the Scottish Professional Football League in 2014. Wikipedia

Wiki says he played 14 games for Dunfermline and scored 7 goals.

Born: April 22, 1993 (age 21), Oxford
    Height: 1.87 m
    Position: Forward
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Not to put too much of a dampener on the night. But apparently Jim Hamilton is joining the coaching staff...
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Big flipper back at the club. I'm assuming that's who will be the new assistant manager.
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Achilles wrote:Big flipper back at the club. I'm assuming that's who will be the new assistant manager.

Seems like it, going on the messages I've been sent.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:20 am

Liviforever wrote:

Googled him.

Gozie Ugwu
    Footballer

Chigozie Eze "Gozie" Ugwu is an English footballer who plays as a forward. He is currently without a club. He made his debut in the Football League in 2012, and his debut in the Scottish Professional Football League in 2014. Wikipedia

Wiki says he played 14 games for Dunfermline and scored 7 goals.

Born: April 22, 1993 (age 21), Oxford
    Height: 1.87 m
    Position: Forward

His Twitter page makes quite interesting reading; seems a deeply religious type and did some visits to primary schools etc. in Fife.

Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:46 am

I see he scored with a header in that video. Automatically better than white in the air
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 am

Having gone back through some of Pars games he seems pretty inconsistent; for some matches he was the best ever and posters were predicting that he'd be off to the premiership soon whilst for other games he was a passenger. Also tends to be quite physical.

The Pars boss said:

“Gozie had scored goals and had done well in games, other games not so well.

“He was a wee bit inconsistent for me and it was another opportunity to free up some money which could be used elsewhere.

“His wage and the accommodation for him and Sorel was quite a lot of money for a club like Dunfermline, so it’s money I feel I can use elsewhere and maybe get a couple of players out of it.

“I’m looking to make a wee change, freshen things up, and sadly they were the victims of that.

“The two of them are nice guys. We got on well with them, they are improving as players, but these are decisions I’ve got to make.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am

Can only assume Burchill brought him (Hamilton) in because he rates him as a decent coach who can bring something new to the table. Having said that, the 'mates rates' policy in Scottish football is quite bad...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Durnford wrote:Having gone back through some of Pars games he seems pretty inconsistent; for some matches he was the best ever and posters were predicting that he'd be off to the premiership soon whilst for other games he was a passenger. Also tends to be quite physical.

The Pars boss said:

“He was a wee bit inconsistent for me and it was another opportunity to free up some money which could be used elsewhere.

“His wage and the accommodation for him and Sorel was quite a lot of money for a club like Dunfermline, so it’s money I feel I can use elsewhere and maybe get a couple of players out of it.

“I’m looking to make a wee change, freshen things up, and sadly they were the victims of that.

“The two of them are nice guys. We got on well with them, they are improving as players, but these are decisions I’ve got to make.

A bit like Hippo then, looked a player that should be playing at a higher level when we first saw him but then after seeing him some more no so much........

If he scores some goals though it will be most welcome.

I see the Pars boss got sick note in, Barrowman, so see the type of player he'd rather have. Was also quoted as saying they put lots of balls in the box so Barrowman should score a lot of goals. Hmm, he's a scrapper and chips in with a few but would be surprised if he gets lots of goals, I'd say Barrowman was more your target man to back up a main striker and will chip in with the odd goal, also gets injured quite a lot.

Achilles wrote:I see he scored with a header in that video. Automatically better than white in the air

White has scored some with his head too but the ball more or less has to land right on it, he wont challenge for a ball in the air, just knd of puts himself in the position for it to land on his head rather than jump against someone, if that makes any sense.

I like the physicality of that young lad, also that he gets himself into the box and gets on the end of balls put across the goal. Just need our players to put the ball across to him, if we sign him that is.

Last edited by Liviforever on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Having gone back through some of Pars games he seems pretty inconsistent; for some matches he was the best ever and posters were predicting that he'd be off to the premiership soon whilst for other games he was a passenger. Also tends to be quite physical.

The Pars boss said:

A bit like Hippo then, looked a player that should be playing at a higher level when we first saw him but then after seeing him some more no so much........

If he scores some goals though it will be most welcome.

I see the Pars boss got sick note in, Barrowman, so see the type of player he'd rather have. Was also quoted as saying they put lots of balls in the box so Barrowman should score a lot of goals. Hmm, he's a scrapper and chips in with a few but would be surprised if he gets lots of goals, I'd say Barrowman was more your target man to back up a main striker and will chip in with the odd goal, also gets injured quite a lot.

Richard Burke signed him on a 6-month deal and formed a decent partnership with McNulty. McGlynn rightfully gave him an extension until the end of the season and only played four games for the '14 half of the season because of injury. I did rate too because we were missing a gritty striker like him at the time but injuries stopped him from being a valuable asset for us.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    White has scored some with his head too but the ball more or less has to land right on it, he wont challenge for a ball in the air, just knd of puts himself in the position for it to land on his head rather than jump against someone, if that makes any sense.

I like the physicality of that young lad, also that he gets himself into the box and gets on the end of balls put across the goal. Just need our players to put the ball across to him, if we sign him that is.

I've said this since long and weary, LF. If he was to take a running jump against a defender then he'd have far more success in the air, but he jumps from a standing start giving the defender the advantage every time. It's like a defender at a corner standing still, and letting the attacking player get a run on him - the defender will be punished every time.

I hope for Whites sake he gets a chance or two on Saturday and sticks one away. His play outside the box will still wind me up something awful, but I'll let him off if he gets a goal.
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Other trialist rumoured to be David Swan.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am

The rumour is that a league club in England are looking at Gozie Ugwu which will probably mean he's already out of our price range
    djs9750

Post by djs9750 Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 am

Express today says that we have given a trial to a 22 year old winger realeased by Inverness.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Ugwu now signed a 6 month contract with Yeovil town:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30832828
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:14 pm

djs9750 wrote:Express today says that we have given a trial to a 22 year old winger realeased by Inverness.

What's Bobby Barr doing these days? Looks like McKenna is being replaced, though getting someone down the wing to get the ball into the box from the bye line would be great, Hearts and Falkirk ripped us down the wings and both beat us by doing so.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:28 pm

My Dunfermline supporting colleague rated Ugwu highly...apparently there is youtube footage of him at u20 level destroying the opposition. Looks like he could have been a gem but hey ho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 am