The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Lexi Collector
Geraden
Achilles
mozam76
KeekTennant
spiggle
cptn_hooch
LiviCub
Contemporary
orco
Smithy
Durnford
sunderland
Liviforever
Auld Nick
forzalfc
Edward snowdon
ianlivi
djs9750
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
26 posters

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Durnford

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:28 am

Signing people is good new but I am very concious that for each new player we sign at a presumed absolute minimum of £1000 per month (or £500 per home game) we need to get an additional 30 people through the turnstiles paying the full price.

Already our average home gate is borderline even with the assumed bumper crowds from the big sides.
    Durnford

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:24 pm

See the squad numbers are now assigned to all the player. See we have Connor Quinn as number 38 - understand he's a youth goalkeeper who made his début at 15 years of age in the development squad against Alloa on 5th March 2014

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20140305_3.php

Also notice we're not going to be in the development league this year but will play a series of friendlies instead.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:52 pm

We'll have to chant CQ, CQ, CQ when he saves a penalty.

Knox is 15 I think, must be a good prospect if Burchill is playing him in our pre season games.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Liviforever wrote:We'll have to chant CQ, CQ, CQ when he saves a penalty.

Knox is 15 I think, must be a good prospect if Burchill is playing him in our pre season games.

Knox was a real live-wire against Stenhousemuir - liked the way he linked up with Mullen and Pittman
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Durnford wrote:See the squad numbers are now assigned to all the player. See we have Connor Quinn as number 38 - understand he's a youth goalkeeper who made his début at 15 years of age in the development squad against Alloa on 5th March 2014

Also notice we're not going to be in the development league this year but will play a series of friendlies instead.

Cant say that firstly dropping out of the U19's league then dropping out of the development league fills me with confidence of developing our players. Maybe they are all just going straight into the first team..
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:43 pm

sunderland wrote:
    Durnford wrote:See the squad numbers are now assigned to all the player. See we have Connor Quinn as number 38 - understand he's a youth goalkeeper who made his début at 15 years of age in the development squad against Alloa on 5th March 2014

Cant say that firstly dropping out of the U19's league then dropping out of the development league fills me with confidence of developing our players. Maybe they are all just going straight into the first team..

I would hope this gave us the opportunity to rejoin the under 19's it was always pretty fruitful for us in the past.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:19 pm

8, 12 & 17 are blank must be going to sign another 3 players.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Says in the Record Burchill is looking to sign another 4 or 5 players but is in no hurry to do so. He's not going to rush into signing a player just for the sake of it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-mark-burchill-happy-6039161

He said: “I’m happy with the squad that’s been assembled so far, but we’ll be looking at bringing in another four or five.

“We obviously need another goalkeeper and a right winger and back-up in defence as well. We’re looking to get to that 20 mark in terms of numbers if we can.

“We’re making steps towards filling those remaining spots. We obviously have a few trialists in and they are looking good.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Looks like we have a Spas Georgiev in the team:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/new-midfielder-signs-on/

Two year deal as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Durnford wrote:Looks like we have a Spas Georgiev in the team:

Two year deal as well.

He’s a very fast, direct player and a great addition to the squad, and we’re delighted to get him tied up on a 2 year deal.”

I like the sound of that, love a fast direct player going at defenders.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Looks like we have a Spas Georgiev in the team:

Two year deal as well.

He’s a very fast, direct player and a great addition to the squad, and we’re delighted to get him tied up on a 2 year deal.”

I like the sound of that, love a fast direct player going at defenders.

Apparently he was the boy playing against Stenhousemuir.

As an aside notice the team numbers have changed again; Georgiev is number 17 but a vacant number 36 appears to have opened up unless I'm seeing things?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Yeah 21 & 36 have opened up.

Burchill said he was going to sign 4 or 5 players, Spas is one at No 17, so another 4 to go; 8, 12, 21 & 36. Another GK and some defensive players, perhaps another midfielder too. Don't need any strikers anyway, more than enough of them signed up.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:03 pm

I think 4 is excessive, particularly if we aren't playing in the development league. I'd rather the squad was supplemented with the young guys.

Jamieson/Quinn

Longridge
    Sives/Gordon/Cole
    Millen
    Currie/Moffat

Hippolyte/Glen
    Gibbons/Pittman
    Georgiev
    Fraser/Auriemma/King

White/Mullen/Buchanan/Sheerin
    Burchill/Sommerville
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Wasn't actually sure where to put this so I'll stick it in here.

Stolen from Callum Carson on Twitter, but Millen, Longridge, Hippolyte, Mullen and Gibbons are all 20 and looking like they could be big players for us this season. The CB we have on trial too is 19 so Burchy obviously has faith in youth.
    Geraden

Post by Geraden Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Morgyn Niell has tweeted, Delighted to have signed a 2 year contract with @livifcofficial hopefully a successful time
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:28 pm

Livingston FC twitter has retweeted it so I imagine we'll see the story in the morning.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Happy with that, looked decent tonight.

Read we were signing Moses Dukrell too, think he's the guy that went off injured, a forward/winger. Being cold and business like for a minute here, if the lad has a hamstring injury we should hold off on that signing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:39 pm

I thought all guys that got game time tonight showed they have something to offer, pity Moses got injured, looked like a hammy but hopefully it was only cramp. He had a fair bit of pace & showed enough skill to suggest he could be decent at our level.

Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Just looks like a pulled hamstring. Stretched for a ball and could see it "twang". Managed to run about a bit after so it won't be too bad
    Geraden

Post by Geraden Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Moses Dukrell has been added to the squad list along with Morgyn
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:36 am

Ah well hopefully he isn't sitting injured all season, we've had enough of that the last few seasons with players that hardly kick a ball.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:37 am

That boy Moses has some mad vines.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 am

When Moses first cam on I was quite impressed with his speed and ball control; however the final ball was often disappointing and sometimes he tried to do too much.

Then I realised he was only 18 and classified as an attacking midfielder; I would hope we've got him on at least a two year contract; that way we can see some development.

I approve of Burchill starting to sign players on two year deals; it give some stability to the team; there isn't such a panic at the end of the season and if any prove to be very good we'd be entitled to a transfer value rather than them moving on for free at the end of the year.

Neill looked very settled in the right central defence position; a complete replacement for Gallagher in my opinion - good to see he's on a two year deal as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 am