The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviLion
cptn_hooch
Smithy
Afro
Auld Nick
orco
LiviCub
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
17 posters

The ex-Lions thread

sunderland

The ex-Lions thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: The ex-Lions thread

Post by sunderland Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Connor Quinn signs for Clyde and starts for them against Ayr in the Scottish cup today.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:16 pm

You give Mensing, Goodwin and refs far more credit than they deserve Bertie, neither player is savvy and the refs are either incompetent arseholes or corrupt bassas, but I don't believe for a second they don't see those fouls, the one today did, he just wasn't bothering his arse giving cards out for the blatant fouls on Mullen, but gave us one for the softest of the lot. When he finally booked a player for a foul on Mullen the fecker should've been sent off because that was his 3rd booking offence on Mullen. And he had seen all of them but just gave us fouls without showing cards.
    Like the way he went over and told him off for the first one, don't care it was right at the start of the game, that was a booking for a cynical foul, same as the one we got later in the game after the ref changed his mind about giving us a throw in and our players were caught out by the refs change of mind and Halkett had to take one for the team to stop their player  getting past him.

Had a bit of a rant there but officials are seriously fucking me off this season, I really think they're corrupt bastards.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:17 pm

And you give them less, so the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Agree 100% with Liviforever. The refereeing at Livi games is shocking at times. It's hard not to start down the conspiracy theory route. It's more likely to be incompetence mind you. I sometimes think that they regard League 1/League2 as inferior football where rough play is more acceptable than in the leagues above.

By and large Livi do try to play football and the opposition will use roughhouse tactics to intimidate and breakup play. It happened again today and sadly the ref did what most have done this season and turn a blind eye. They seem reluctant to penalise cluggers early in the game giving them the message that it's ok for them to continue.

And don't get me started on inconsistency! Mad
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:31 pm

sunderland wrote:Connor Quinn signs for Clyde and starts for them against Ayr in the Scottish cup today.

Was apparently outstanding for them. Cant judge it on one performance, but makes the decision for us to let him go all the more bizarre.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:33 pm

sunderland wrote:
    sunderland wrote:Connor Quinn signs for Clyde and starts for them against Ayr in the Scottish cup today.

Was apparently outstanding for them. Cant judge it on one performance, but makes the decision for us to let him go all the more bizarre.

Yep, voted Off the ball's player of the day yesterday and got rave reviews on the bbc website too. Didn't get a sniff of our first team and have never seen him play but looks like we should've given the lad a chance before letting him go. Not as if we've been bursting at the seams with good keeprs at Livi, we've brought our last 2 in on loan and neither have been outstanding.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 am

Shame to hear that Liam Fox has resigned as Cowdenbeath manager. Very understandable with the league position that the club are in and perhaps he should've left earlier in the year. Like us, going to a club like Cowdenbeath is never easy and after only one year of full-time coaching, it was probably too soon to go straight into a position like that. Most clubs will overlook him for a while for other managerial vacancies.

Hopefully he gets a job soon in another coaching capacity at a decent club. He'll only learn from this experience.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 am

He'll go back to Hearts, i'm sure I read he was only at Cowden to cut his teeth in management and was still tied to Hearts in some way.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Neil Alexander set to leave Aberdeen in the summer.

Assuming we go up, surely a player-assistant role wouldn't be entirely implausible? We'd instantly have one of the most experienced players in Scotland with us, let alone the second-tier, and we'd have replaced our assistant manager with someone who actually has footballing experience. Win-win?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Can you see Martindale stepping down from the assistant manager's job, just waiting on him being made manager, that's usually how it goes at Livi, the assistant takes over the job.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Player/goalie coach perhaps?
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:15 am

I'd sign with the full intention of him being our first choice keeper. The coaching would be optional. But he won't be short of offers from clubs who are either bigger or with better resources.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

He is getting on a bit so bigger clubs might be reluctant to go for a short term signing, whereas he could play every week for us and coach any other keepers on the books. Might be an interesting option for him and a relatively safe pair of hands for us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Hippo given 2 match ban for diving. He won the pen which produced Falkirk's equaliser against Dunfermline. It includes a full forward somersault - can be seen on Sky Sports App
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 pm

I watched it. He really does dive a la what you do when you dive into the water from the side of a swimming pool.
    Any sanction for the referee who awarded it. Nah, didn't think so.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

9 out of 10 for artistic impression. Shocking decision by the referee to award it though.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:27 pm

All the talent in the world but the attitude of a piece of plankton. I expected him to kick on after his move to Falkirk but he seems to have stagnated, at best. Glad we got a good wedge for him when we did and got him out.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read on twitter and P&B that he was one of the in-form players for Falkirk and maybe even the Championship in the first half of the season but hasn't kicked on since the new year.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Maybe went to his head and he started with his prima donna attitude, getting all diva when tackled too hard or told to do a bit of work off the ball defensively. Good player when he puts his mind to it but as we all know when he was at Livi, if it wasn't all going for him he downed tools and took a huff.

You look at Pittman and compare him with Hippo, I know which one i'd want playing for Livi. Both really good players but their attitude and work rate are night and day.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 04, 2017 9:27 am

Talk of Dorrans going to Sevco next season, should come to Livi if he looking to end his career at some SPFL diddy league.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Pretty sure he was a fan of the original club
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:37 pm

John Robertson is the new ICT manager.

And Beany retires from football aged 34.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Would hate to see Dorrans go to Sevco, probably one of my favourite Livi players. Halliday was decent too, but he managed to become the biggest arse of all time playing for them.

With regards to Beany, bit of a shame, still had much more to offer. Could have played at the top of league 1 for a bit yet. However, its only right when footballers get to a certain age and are getting paid a pittance that they have to think about life after.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 am

Russell was a character but his career was winding down; I don't think his heart was in it any more.

Was more disappointed when he left us than I am about Buchanan going, but last season he was a shadow of the player he was with us.

If Dorrans has any self respect he will stay in England. If Norwich want to be serious contenders they need to be more realistic and demand a proper fee for him rather than the £1.3m quoted. Snoddy cost West Ham £10m; okay he is in a better spell in his career than Dorrans is but he is not worth 8 times as much. Norwich should be saying they want £4m or £5m
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Yep the 1M or whatever it is Sevco are offering is more in line with what Scottish teams get when players are going to England, not the other way around. Dorrans coming to the SPFL would be as bad as Buchanan staying in League One, easy life move playing well within yourself.

I liked how all our young talented players that came from our youth system and got moves to bigger things all went to England and not the OF, admittedly some have ended up there but at least they gave it a go down south first and had a bit of ambition. More money and playing wise you'll be pushed to your limit in English football, up here you'll just stagnate going to one of the weegie arse cheeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 pm