The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Betfred Group Games

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Betfred Group Games Empty Betfred Group Games

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 pm

First up Edin City away on Tues night, no idea what the script for this is, if we'll have any way of watching the game through ppv, or even highlights shown afterwards, hope they've got something planned or it's a right shite affair having a cup where no fans can even get to see their team play. It'll be a non event till you get out the groups and play the bigger clubs where tv companies will be interested.

On the actual game, we should be miles ahead of them fitness wise, having had our pre season and 10 games into the league campaign, compared to them not having even played a competitive game yet, so you'd expect us to comfortably win this one. Or at least see it over the line by the odd goal. Personally think it's a good opportunity to get some of the fringe players in for some game time, the likes of ATS, McMillan, Stryjek, Sibbald, Raffa, and our new signing JET, to get his match fitness up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Betfred Group Games Empty Re: Betfred Group Games

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Can’t disagree (yes it really is me posting)
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Looks like it's too expensive to setup a live stream.
    I've suggested on Facebook that a couple of the guys who will be at the game anyway film it in the way the Livi Trust used to when we were in the lower leagues. They were just a couple of punters with a camera and a tripod. It wouldn't need to be professional and anything is better than nothing.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 am

orco wrote:Looks like it's too expensive to setup a live stream.
    I've suggested on Facebook that a couple of the guys who will be at the game anyway film it in the way the Livi Trust used to when we were in the lower leagues. They were just a couple of punters with a camera and a tripod. It wouldn't need to be professional and anything is better than nothing.

Seen fans sticking a live match up from their phone on periscope, it isn't difficult, something should be set up for fans to view it, doesn't have to be perfect, or up to the professional standard we're getting on ppv.

Also, we're only 2 days away from this game and the lack of information letting the fans know what's happening is very poor. They should have had something up on the OS last week letting us know if we're getting this on LFC tv, or what's happening.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 pm

Looks like there could be ppv for this on Edin City's website.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Link : ecfctv.com
    £9.99
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:10 pm

Signed up, will wait till tomorrow, maybe an hour before ko before paying for the game. Wonder if the ppv will be split, gates are in cup games.

Hope we're doing the ppv for our home cup games too, and at the same price as this one. At least till we're hopefully into the next round anyway.

Would be good if we could get to the semi final stage this season, or even a cup final.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 am

Liviforever wrote:Signed up, will wait till tomorrow, maybe an hour before ko before paying for the game. Wonder if the ppv will be split, gates are in cup games.

Hope we're doing the ppv for our home cup games too, and at the same price as this one. At least till we're hopefully into the next round anyway.

Would be good if we could get to the semi final stage this season, or even a cup final.  

What about a cup final against Hibs - with 50,000 part time hibbies unable to get to the stadium Twisted Evil
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Signed up, will wait till tomorrow, maybe an hour before ko before paying for the game. Wonder if the ppv will be split, gates are in cup games.

What about a cup final against Hibs - with 50,000 part time hibbies unable to get to the stadium Twisted Evil

Wonder if they'd all get up and walk out their livingrooms before the final whistle. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Be interesting to see what team Gary puts out tonight.Reckon the fringe players will get a run including Josh and maybe JET if hes fit.Not expecting an upset here, famous last words. Should be a decent run out against a team with nothing to lose.🦁.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Funnily enough, with no reserves league this year, this cup run takes on more significance.

The alternative is to arrange a series of "bounce games" to try an maintain some for of match fitness for those not getting a start in the first team.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Incidentally I notice Edinburgh City's strip is amber shirt and black shorts - I wonder if we'll be in the same kit we wore at united?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Logged in but I hope they have more than one camera - I think I need binoculars with this one.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:42 pm

Durnford wrote:Logged in but I hope they have more than one camera - I think I need binoculars with this one.

Bloody thing keeps freezing, hope it works better once the game starts.

Trying the 2nd server to see if it's any better, seems to be as that's a whole minute and no frozen screen.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:55 pm

Tried the "alternative player" seems better now.

Commentary is fantastic; particularly when he was arguing with a punter about seat numbers
    italion

Post by italion Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Still freezing. Contacted support and they told me to switch to server 2.
    Made no difference.
    Missed all three goals
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Yeah i swirched to server 2 and it was fine for about 5 mins, since then it has been freezing on and off all game. Missed our 3rd goal because it froze. Managed to see our first 2 though.

Josh Mullin running riot on his debut, and Stryjek looking comfortable in goals again, doing the sweeper keeper role well. Made a good save from Handling having a free header on the edge of the 6 yard box too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Sounds like a comfy win in the end 5-1 Robbo, Mullin (2), Pops & Loko & I believe the sole reply was a pen.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:46 pm

They stuck up another server but it only lasted 4 mins till it froze, so switched back to server 1 and got the rest of the game without any problems, thank feck. Was doing my head in first half.

Stryjek made two good saves, esp the 2nd one, one on one and got a hand to it to make a cracking save, no chance with their penalty. Was excellent doing a sweeper keeper role, getting out quick to mop up any balls over the top, really cool under pressure a couple of times too.

Thought we looked more comfortable in defence when Efe came on, and brought the ball out of defence well with forward runs. Though we were pretty comfortable but for a couple of brain fart moments letting them in behind us.

Good solid performance from the team, Serrano, Mullin and Stryjek being stand outs. Particularly Mullin, was like he'd never been away, strolled the game with 2 goals and 2 assists, finally got a decent corner taker, put it on Lars napper for his goal.

Oh and thought Holt did a fine job as our midfield general, taking over from Marv not playing, everything went to him as he pinged the ball around in midfield.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 pm

Forfar player tested positive so Dundee get awarded a 3-0 win, this is some season. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:51 am

Just heard Odsone Eduard at Celtic has tested positive for Covid 19.This virus is rife and no one is safe.We can only hope that the precautions we are taking will stand us in good stead.Guess there are more important things around us at the moment than football but nevertheless well done the Lions last night. A profesional job done and great return by Josh.Good to see others getting game time as well.Roll on Saturday 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Yeah the group stages are weighed massively in favour of the Premiership clubs*, having a pre season and 10 league games under our belt, superior players, and even the Covid system is stacked against the lower league teams. If we have a player testing positive the chances are we'll still get the game played as we've protocols to isolate it, and are testing the players twice a week, the lower league aren't able to do that so you don't know the spread throughout their team, so the game will just be cancelled and the 3-0 win awarded to the other team. Killie are the exception with so many players getting it, and are under investigation as to how it spread, if they've not been carrying out proper protocols.

I'd be surprised if we get through this group without one of the lower league teams testing positive, hope we do though, it's a great opportunity to get fringe players some game time, particularly Mullin and JET. Lars and Poplatnik getting off to good starts too, it'll do them both good to have bagged a goal.

For all i've defended McCrorie on here, Stryjek just looks a better keeper, that's 2 games he's played and looked solid in both, pulling off 2 fantastic saves in both games, i'd have bet a few quid his 2nd save last night would've been a goal had it been McCrorie in goal. It was one you couldn't blame the keeper if it had went in, magnificent save from Stryjek, the kind the keeper has no right to stop.

He comes out of his box so quickly to sweep the ball away when there's an opposition player running in behind our defence too, and shows no hesitation with his decision making. Only thing i'd mention negatively is him punching the ball away all the time, when it looks like he could catch it some of the times, but one of those punches led to Mullin scoring a goal, it went right up the pitch to the halfway line for Tiffoney to collect, and knock through to Mullin, then Mullin ran into the box and round the keeper to skelp it high into the net.

*Saying that you still have to do a professional job, and give the opposition respect, Accies lost to Annan last night.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Watched the game again in full, Edin City have sorted out the buffering problems and left the stream up.

Some Commentary highlights;

At 1-0 City have a free kick outside our box, "could this be Edin City's chance to get back into this game", Stryjek punches the ball up to Tiffoney, who knocks it onto Mullin, and he runs up and scores our 2nd goal.

Livi are 2-0 up and knocking the ball about, "a lot of nice passing but could do with some forward play from both teams", Livi take the ball up to the halfway line, hit a long diagonal ball to the left wing, cross it into the box and Mullin taps it into the net. lol!

Some random names he came out with; Jason Mullin, Sturjek, Popernik, Poplantic, and the off mic discussion with a punter on who scored our first goal.

We're 4-0 up and they get their penalty and score, "could this be the big comeback for City", Livi score our 5th not long after. lol!

Helped make up for the buffering problems, having the entertaining commentary.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Next up is Alloa, and i see wee Scougs has signed for them. Wonder what has happened to him, was a fantastic wee player for us, and thought he'd be playing for a full time team at least.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Scougs looked like he’d made a good move to Sheff United but fell out of favour when the manager changed & his career fell away. Really needs to get game time & try yo get back on track. Great wee player when on form.

Stryjek - punching is the European way... get it right & the ball goes to safety (or starts a counter attack as you saw last night) try to catch & fail & it is almost always a goal. I’m not keen on punching it either but as long as it gets safe it really doesn’t matter I suppose.

Bet McCrorie is back for the league game but I stand by my previous comments on the matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 pm