The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Betfred Group Games

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Betfred Group Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Betfred Group Games

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Back to cup action this week then, with us playing Stenny tomorrow night, maybe the break from the league will do us some good.

The lower league teams have got some competitive games under their belts now, so will be a bit fairer, but as Hearts showed against Hibs in the Scottish cup, you can't take it for granted we'll win just because we're in a higher league and are further into our season having played more games.

McCrorie is on International duty so that sorts that out, Stryjek will still be in goals, which is good, he'll have had a decent amount of games under his belt by the time we get back to league business in a fortnight. It'll give us another 2 games to get JET a bit sharper too. He def needs it, so i'd stick with him in the starting line up.

Dunno what's happening with Serrano, but Lawson is also on International duty so maybe ATS will get a game at LB, might see Fitzwater playing too, almost forgot he was signed for us, been a while since we last saw him. Would love to see Holt give Forrest AND Mullin a start, in a mid 3 behind JET, reckon that would get us goals, and maybe show him he can do it for the league too.

Quite looking forward to this, just hope the stream is decent so we can get to watch it, without losing the heid at it buffering all the time..
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:30 am

Memories of our title winning day all those years ago at Ochilview flooding back.What a day that was under the shed. Its a chance for the team to relax and put on a good show.Stenny nothing to lose and in that respect looking forward to a competetive game.A few fringe players should get a run out and show what they can do.Need to get some momentum going,and these game will provide the opportunitie to do just that.Be profesional Livi and lets do this.🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:26 am

Wondered who was hijacking LF’s account when I started reading his post, especially the second paragraph about the potential to take the win for granted. lol!

I think they just beat Edinburgh City at the weekend which will give them confidence; City don’t seem to even be the team they were last season yet (I think they would have won their play-offs & been promoted with Cove) but the were probably one of the teams expected to do well this season.

To be honest any kind of win would be good just to post the first W in a number of weeks.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Yeah i think we should win, but there has already been a few Premiership clubs suffered defeats or draws, so far though, Livi have won the group stages since we've been a League One team, even beating top flight teams Accies and St Mirren. Which brings me right back to my original point about not taking it for granted, and that lower league teams can, and have, beaten Premiership teams.

Would be good if we could keep a clean sheet for a change, and get a settled defence for the league games, i think we should be going with our strongest starting XI and not messing around sticking fringe players in now. Bertie mentioned how doing that had an adverse affect on our form after recording 2 wins on the bounce in the league, we should be using these two Betfred cup games to prepare ourselves for our next set of league games, our next three games are against teams where we can take 6 or 7 points, these cup games should be used to prepare ourselves for those games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Well that's my advice blown out of the water, big Maley in goals, Fitzwater in defence, McMillan at LB, and Holt & Poplatnik starting. Virtually a whole different team from the County game. lol!

Good to see Forrest and Mullin starting together for the first time though, hope they do well and Holt plays both of them in league games.

Think we'll need about 3 goals here, Maley is flappy at high ball, and a makeshift defence for us too, it'll be an interesting game. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Livi 2 up inside 8 mins.Could be a rout here.👍
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:24 pm

4-0 and I would guess the group is all but wrapped up? Can’t remember who was second or how far behind they were.

Good to get a few goals & a clean sheet & I suppose they need to justify Malay’s Twitter Contract
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Big Maley with the best game in goals this season, clean sheet and 4 goals to Livi. lol!

Only really had one save to make the whole game, and made it, in a 1 on 1 inside the 6 yard box, apart from that Efe and Jack had the cigars lit up, and puffing away on them.

Good to see Mullin and Forrest in the starting line up, the latter had us strolling this game with his opening 2 goals. Poplatnik getting his 2nd and Livi 3rd, and ATS doing what we've been lacking this season, someone coming in at the back post and heading in our 4th.

JET still not scoring but had a decent game, assisting with Forrest's goal and linking up well. Wouldn't mind seeing this forward line up again against Airdie on Saturday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:45 pm

2 Livi players tested positive for Covid, wonder if it's Stryjek and Tiffoney. Looks like it has been contained and they're both isolating, getting an NHS Covid test. Wishing them both a speedy recovery.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:15 am

Confirmed, Stryjek and Tiffoney. Was only a matter of time. Hope there are no more. 🤞
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:54 am

Good run out for the lads and a few goals to boot last night.Hopefully no injuries to add to the the two lads isolating. As Orco says was bound to happen to us eventually, just hope the damage has been limited within the team.Anyway looks like were gonna top this group which was the obvective so job done there although Airdrie will provide a sterner test next game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 am

Yeah looks like Airdrie could catch us by winning tonight & beating us but they will need a few goals.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:51 am

Yeh agree Bertie. There playing Edinburgh City who seem to be the whipping boys in the group.Saturday will certainly be interesting. 👍
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:21 pm

City currently 1 up so could be doing us a favour tonight - still a job to be done though as technically Alloa could catch us if we lose to Airdrie & the goals swing by 7 in their favour, (eg we lose 1-0 & they win 6-0)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Finished 1-0 City. Suppose it's conceivable that Alloa could stick 6 past Stenny, we certainly could've, without getting out of 2nd gear. Not very likely though, and we'd have to also lose by 2 goals wouldn't we, for them to have a better GD.

I think we'll comfortably beat Airdrie anyway, and Callum Carson will once again have to endure Livi's bragging rights over Airdrie. Greggy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:34 pm

But if they scored 6 they might have scored more than us & go above on goals scored (not sure) or does it go to head to head record first?
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Just about back down to earth after last night. Well done our boys.Magnificent achievement and finnally something to look forward to in these trying times.To the serenity of the Betfred Cup.
    Was expecting a more serious challenge from Airdrie, by most accounts seems not.Would expect us to see this out comfortably although i guess Dycie and Carrick will want to do well against us.Its another chance to carry on the momentum after Stenny i suppose. Will attempt to get the PPV for this shortly.Think its different from the virtual season ticket scenario,but il give it a go.Anyways hoping for a good performance from the Lions tommorrow and in that respect i wish the lads the best of luck although they probably wont need it.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:56 pm

I've got as much expectation as Bertie has of us winning league games, of this ppv feed being any good, but i'll shell out £15 anyway and hope for the best.

All i want is to see a game without buffering and it crashing completely missing all our goals, is it really too much to hope for. Rolling Eyes
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:40 am

Yeh,im with you L/F.Hopefully with it being a home game we dont get any technical issues. Anyway il go for it. Fingers crossed.🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Finnally managed to get the ppv What a pullava.Hope its worth the frustrations getting it.😂🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:30 pm

Guthrie back in as CB for this game, partnering up with ATS, and Serrano and Devlin the 2 FB's. Pitts dropped to the bench is unusual, don't think we've ever seen a fully fit Pittman sitting a game out on the bench, looks like we're rotating the squad though, and giving everyone possible a run out during this cup week.

Looks like Robbo-Forrest-Mullin in the mid 3 behind JET, with Sibbs and Marv holding mids in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

4⃣0⃣ Gary Maley
    0⃣2⃣ Nicky Devlin
    2⃣7⃣ Jon Guthrie
    2⃣9⃣ Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
    1⃣2⃣ Julien Serrano
    0⃣6⃣ Marvin Bartley
    1⃣0⃣ Craig Sibbald
    1⃣1⃣ Alan Forrest
    1⃣7⃣ Scott Robinson
    1⃣4⃣ Josh Mullin
    0⃣9⃣ Jay Emmanuel-Thomas#LFCLive
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Great to to hear BSLM remenising about his time at Livi. Done great for the Lions.Yeh,looks like a bit of rotation here.No bad thing imo with a more important game next week 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Troy wrote:Finnally managed to get the ppv What a pullava.Hope its worth the frustrations getting it.😂🦁

Had all the details (PW's etc) saved on my laptop and took seconds log in & pay for it, then just logged in to my TV's internet, looks good so far, no buffering and clear picture. BSLM being interviewed, talking about our play offs and promotion to the Premiership. cheers
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Yeh ive saved my details after having to reregister.But all ok now with no problems so far.Fingers crossed 👍
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:52 pm

No problems logging in or paying but getting blurred pictures throughout the first half (excellent pictures when it isn’t blurred but still disappointing - tried refreshing but no difference after doing so) judging by the way they are showing replays at half time as they are being discussed they apparently don’t know that doing so silences the mic & this renders the “analysis” pointless.

Quite enjoying the tempo of the game but not much quality on show unfortunately.
    Stenhousemuir are doing us a favour though, they are 2 up at Alloa.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:33 pm