The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Betfred Group Games

orco
    orco

Betfred Group Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Betfred Group Games

Post by orco Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:03 pm

The power in Stryjek's punch is as good as a clearance in the box.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:35 am

From the EC game; Mullin really surprised me with his energy and enthusiasm; there's a lot to be said for wanting to prove a point.

Actually there were a lot of good performances all round but the one who really impressed me was Stryjek who frankly saved us from embarrassment on more than two occasions. Even with a makeshift defence in front of him; he marshalled it well and bossed the box.

His reflex saves were worth of a far higher level and, as previously mentioned, those punches were fantastic; allowing us to go on the counter way before the opposition has had the chance to reform which unfortunately is often the case if the ball is caught and then selectively kicked out. With a speedy forward line likely to outpace the opposition defenders; the prospect is very interesting.
    italion

Post by italion Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Managed to get a refund on my PPV against Edinburgh City.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Football's a funny business, if it had been any other business giving me a product like that i wouldn't have accepted it, with things being as it is just now too i'll let it pass. Got to see the 2nd half without any problems and watched the game in full without a glitch later on. Don't blame anyone for asking for a refund though, it was pissing me off all first half and had little enjoyment watching the game till the 2nd half sorted the problems.

Anyhoo, Livi have announced we're doing ppv for the Alloa game on Sat, £15. Quality should be a lot better with more camera angles etc, if it's the same set up as our league games.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:43 pm

TBH as irritating as it was with the frequent breaks etc. but I don't begrudge giving Edinburgh City £10 of my hard earned dosh. As things currently stand I'd be astounded if we haven't lost at least one side to the impact of the pandemic.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Did you see the boy that just walked right in front of the camera too, flucking hell, was like one of those dodgy film sites where folk are walking back and forward getting their popcorn and going to the toilet, in front of the guy secretly filming it. lol!

Nae fans allowed in the ground and some numpty still manages to walk in front of the camera instead of ducking down, or just avoiding the bloody thing. It's awright mate, all us fans are just paying to watch this stream you're blocking.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:31 am

At least they gave it a go and it was better than nothing. I don't begrudge £10 to a lower league team which is probably finding it hard financially.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:53 pm

Holt saying JET could play against Alloa tomorrow. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-hopeful-new-striker-22814757

No falling for that one again Holty boy, i'll believe it when i see it. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Obviously Alloa will provide stiffer compitition than EC. Buchannon is not the player he was and not sure how Scougs is doing. No doubt Peter Grant will set them up to frustrate us,but I can see us winning this one by a couple of goals.Be interesting to see the starting eleven here after the other night,and a wee bit kidoligy from the gaffer concerning JET, if hes fit enough.Dont expect an upset here albeit Alloa are a step up from Tuesdays opponents. Lets keep the momentum going Livi.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Should be up 2-1 at HT but the lino and ref working against us chopping off a perfectly good goal by JET and giving Devlin a yellow card for being fouled in the box. Could clearly see he was pushed in the back.

The stream for this is very jerky, tried all 4 servers and the away stream but none are very good.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Feed is poor, far too jerky, camera work is poor, too often in close up when you want to see what is available to the player on the ball. Not listening to the commentary.

Team are creating chances but Alloa are doing a “Livi” on us & IMO have defended infinitely better than we did at their goal. Didn’t see why our “goal” was disallowed as it looked like it went straight in from the corner & there was no foul but apparently JET headed it (which emphasises how bad the feed jerks are) & that would put Sibbs offside as he was right at the keeper. Looked like Devlin was pushed for the pen claim but his delay in going down & the manner in which he did probably influenced the ref.

All in all we are not playing badly but we are unlikely to win this the way things are going.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Now the feed has gone completely, Ive used the “contact us” but don’t know what happens with that

Forrest has equalised though according to Sky
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Was a deffinate step up in opposition from Tues night. Plus Alan Muir doing his best to upend the apple cart. So many gripes on all forums about the stream.Youd think we'd have got this sorted by now.Could have been more convincing 2nd half.But the momentum goes on, so on that note well done lads.🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Well we won although I didn’t see either of our goals due to the technical issues. The only suggestions I got back from the “support” team were “refresh or try another browser”.... I had refreshed a few times, but that did nothing, I didn’t try another browser because by then I had sound back & then the video resumed.

I know this is new to everyone & being the internet it will always be subject to lag & lost connections but it should still be better than it is, especially at the PPV prices we are charging which seem to be more expensive than everyone else.

Anyway... to the game... I thought we played ok first half but were a little bit ponderous. When we did get into the final third we created chances but Alloa defended well. Alloa also played pretty well and weren’t afraid to pass it about. Because of the jerky streaming it is difficult to know exactly how their goal came about but we could certainly have defended it better. Once we were behind we seemed to step it up a bit & had a goal disallowed & a penalty claim ignored.

The disallowed goal incident was again difficult to determine what happened due to the streaming issues. It looked to me like Mullin’s corner went straight in & therefore should have stood as there was no foul. However I believe JET actually headed the corner goalwards & Sibbs was beside the keeper & now offside because of the header. That’s my best guess at it from what I saw & extraneous information.
    There was a definite push on Devlin for the penalty claim but he seemed to take too long to go over & when he did it looked exaggerated but the push caused it all & was very clear, so a poor decision from the officials, made worse by booking Devlin for diving.

Second half & with no feed for the first 5 or 6 minutes Livi turned it around with Forest & Mullin scoring, then the sound came back & finally pictures & we were clearly on top & showing more urgency.
    Alloa gradually came back into it & had a few chances to equalise & we had a few to extend our lead. In the end we probably just deserved to edge it.

I though JET looked useful & think he will be a real threat once he is fully match fit.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 pm

According to the Livi commentary team, Mullin prob put in a cross that went into the bottom corner after everyone missed it, and will be claiming it anyway. lol!

Good start to his 2nd time at Livi though, we're a lot better from corners with him taking them, and that's 3 goals in his first 2 games, can't get much better than that.

Big JET looked useful, had a lot of involvement and shields the ball well to bring in our other attacking players, good in the air winning any high ball put his way, and could've had 2 or 3 goals, which i'd hope will come when he's a bit sharper having played more games.

Thought we had a spell in the 2nd half where we overran Alloa but couldn't get that 3rd goal to be comfortably ahead, then after weathering the storm they came back into it and could've nicked an equaliser. We deserved the win but i think it should've been by a few more to reflect our dominant spell, plus the useless officials in the 1st half not giving us a goal & pen.

In the end it worked out good, 2 wins out of 2 and some fringe players and new signings getting game time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Troy wrote:Was a deffinate step up in opposition from Tues night. Plus Alan Muir doing his best to upend the apple cart. So many gripes on all forums about the stream.Youd think we'd have got this sorted by now.Could have been more convincing 2nd half.But the momentum goes on, so on that note well done lads.🦁.

From what i've read, it was a different system we used from league games, as the SPFL pay 5K for the cameras etc used in the league. We obv didn't have time to test it out before today, but it has been the worst stream this season, making me think about not bothering getting the last 2 ppv's for the remaining Betfred games. So far they've been really poor and end up annoying the shit out of me trying to watch the games, certainly haven't been an enjoyable experience.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Didnt have the stream today Bertie as its taken me nearly 8 hours to install my new computer,old one was knackererd. All sorted now but from what ive heard theres a lot of disgruntled Livi fans out there tonight.We havent got Sky or Bt Sports with their big trailors and big dishes outside the stadium unless old firm are involved so it seems weve got to go with the limited options weve got at our disposal. Would have thought that by now we'd have sorted this out,but obviously not.Not a slight on the club.But money talks and to get the best youve got to speculate.Well done the lads today,tricky tie, but negotiated.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:08 am

Alloa's own highlights of the game, good quality and you get to see all the goals.

Sibbs lifts his leg as JET scores, not sure if he tried to kick it but had no bearing on the goal, was a good strike by JET. Can't see the pen yellow card for Devlin from their camera angle, but we saw it clearly enough that he was pushed on our jerky stream. Not even the Alloa guy thinks Devlin deserved a yellow, irrespective of what decision was given, just pish refereeing.

Dunno how Mullin missed that chance in the 1st half, was about the same place he scored from against Edin City, even though Alloa had a decent 1st half we really should've gone in a goal or 2 up.
    Second half we bossed most of it and should've added another 2 on top of the 2 we scored, JET and Forrest having good efforts and the ball in from Devlin should've seen JET scoring another goal.

Finally, another solid performance from Stryjek, made a good initial save onto the post before Alloa scored from the rebound, and had two good saves after that, as well as some safe hands on crosses into our box (so can catch it when he wants to).
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:59 am

That disallowed goal was going into the net no matter what Sibbald did or didn't do. The goalie was nowhere near it. Just another linesman trying to make his mark. The penalty claim was less clear cut. Devlin was close to being fouled as soon as he got the ball. By the time he got into the box he'd clearly had enough. Penalty? Not sure. But never a booking.
    Early days but JET looked the business for me. I think if he's looked after and loved we'll see the best of him. Could also go the other way mind you if he gets scunnered. Hope he settles into the club and enjoys our Scottish banter.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:37 am

Spent all day yesterday getting my new computer set up.But having seen the highlights it looked a lot closer than i originaly thought.Stryjek looked good again and big Jet looked like someone who will come good for us.Hard to judge on the two incidents highlighted but with Alan Muir your lucky to get any decisions go our way.Nevertheless were top of the group and should progress comfortably. 👍 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Have to disagree with everyone on the disallowed goal, it doesn’t matter if we think the keeper was getting nowhere near it, Sibbs is blocking his view of it & is therefore in an active position (in old money it was called interfering with play). I don’t like it anymore than the rest of you but by the letter of the law as it stands, the officials got that one right. I’m more surprised that our actual second goal was allowed to stand... not that I think it should have been disallowed but simply because the keeper tries to make it look like he was fouled & as Mullin’s chip goes in Devlin arguably makes contact with a defender. I don’t think it was enough to be a foul but I would have thought the officials would have thought so.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Doesn't look to me that his view is blocked by Sibbs, still say he isn't interfering with play and has no bearing in it going in the net. Sibbald is to the right of the keeper (as we're looking at it) and JET heads it in from the left, nowhere near blocking his view.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 pm

I'm with you on this one Liviforever. It was a good goal. Linesman thought he saw something he didn't. Years ago it would have been disallowed if any player was on an offside position. Nowadays you're only offside if you interfered with play. The goalie faffed it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:31 pm

Had another look & ok I agree he is not blocking the keeper’s view but because he is right there & appears to attempt to play it by lifting his leg he’s deemed active. I agree with you that it’s wrong but as the law stands the Lino deemed him active - remember it’s subjective so what we think is irrelevant, the only opinion that matters is the lino’s.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Yeah that's prob why, but i've seen players who actually were right in front of the keeper lifting their leg to let the ball run past them without touching it and it going in the net, yet the goal given. That in my opinion did influence the goal, distracting the keeper for one, making him hesitate before reacting, not knowing what the player was going to do, and blocking his view. None of which was the case with JET's header, it had beaten the keeper before going past Sibbald, him lifting his leg didn't affect what the keeper did. That's the problem with these rules, too much is down to how officials interpret things, and there is no consistency in applying them.

Something we can all agree on, thankfully it didn't matter in the end, we still won the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm