The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Betfred Group Games

orco
    orco

Betfred Group Games - Page 5 Empty Re: Betfred Group Games

Post by orco Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:03 am

Liviforever wrote:2-0 County now, bit of a bummer if this is the straw that gets Lennon sacked, with us playing them in 3 games time.
    It's the Scottish Cup final on the day we were supposed to play them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:52 am

Liviforever wrote:Knew you'd look for some negative in the draw Bertie.

Hibs beat both Glasgow erse cheeks before we beat them in the cup final, with them thinking it was a foregone conclusion winning the cup. Even though we'd beaten Hibs a couple of times that season. We've also won at home against County already, and drawn away, in our 2 league games against them.

We've struggled and lost twice to St Mirren, away and home, totally gubbed off Hibs, and the way Sevco is playing i def didn't fancy being drawn against them, so as i said in my prev post, out of all the Premiership teams left, County were the one we wanted, when we didn't get Alloa or Dunfermline, esp at home.

Harsh, I said it was winnable lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:59 am

Yeh,good draw for the Lions. Both teams will fancy their chances.Although i doubt County will be as generous as Ayr Utd. Its a one off and a chance for us to get back to Hampden after so long.
    Wee bit momentum wouldnt do us any harm in the run up to this, starting on Saturday. 👍 🦁
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Troy, I will say it again, have some faith pal 😉👍🏻🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 pm

Faith is a great thing to have mate.Unfortunatly it gets tested every now and then being a Livi fan. I for one try to retain mine through thick and thin as i suspect many others do.My faith tells me il be back in our stadium at some time and il cling to that in these troubled times. Faith testing times ahead though,but il be right behind them regardless of the outcome. 👍 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Feeling the same way i did after Miller left, the Motherwell cup defeat left me with a feeling of dread for the season ahead, the way he had us set up and playing just didn't work, the minute he left and Holt came in, instantly going back to how we played under Hoppy, everything felt so much better.

Harsh on Holt comparing his departure to Miller's after how well he did having us finishing 9th and 5th, but there was something of a similarity in how he had us set up and playing this season*, that felt familiar to Miller's tenure, and his departure saw us immediately improve and go back to the old Livi Hoppy style football, high energy leading from the front, pressing defenders and dominating the game.

All it took was a few tweaks in the starting XI and we were able to play the same style football that has been so successful for us this past 4 seasons. We don't actually rely on a prolific striker up front, just one that puts in the work to press defenders, making the job easier for our midfield and defence, we've enough goal scorers throughout the team to get us goals, think i read Fitzwater was the 16th different player to score for us this season.

Mullin's deliveries made all the difference as well, we've been absolutely woeful at getting goals from set pieces this season, every ball he put in looked like it could get us a goal. Real test will be against Utd this weekend as they've looked a lot more solid defensively since losing to us in our last meeting, but i'm def a lot more optimistic about our chances.

*basically the way we played the 2nd half against Ayr, esp after making the substitutions, was how Holt had us playing the whole game. And if we had played like that the whole game, odds on Ayr would've nicked a goal and won 1-0.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm