The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Lexi Collector
Geraden
Achilles
mozam76
KeekTennant
spiggle
cptn_hooch
LiviCub
Contemporary
orco
Smithy
Durnford
sunderland
Liviforever
Auld Nick
forzalfc
Edward snowdon
ianlivi
djs9750
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
26 posters

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

ianlivi

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by ianlivi Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Great news - keep it coming. as you say just needs Rankine to say he has sold his shares in Livi hopefully in the next week. However not sure how these players can be signed up yet!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by Lexi Collector Tue May 19, 2015 10:51 pm

Afro wrote:Danny Mullen signs for another two years, going by his Twitter. Fantastic news. Cole and Talbot signed up, along with Burchill penning a new deal would be a great way to go into the summer period.

That, and Rankine officially being gone.

Have you heard anything about Jay 3 Talbs?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Afro wrote:Danny Mullen signs for another two years, going by his Twitter. Fantastic news. Cole and Talbot signed up, along with Burchill penning a new deal would be a great way to go into the summer period.

He can't have signed as the signing ban prevents this...perhaps he has been offered & intends to accept the offer once the ban is lifted.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue May 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Gym.. swimming and run Done. A can see Livi winning the league this year Like! ayo

Not my words, the words of Darren Cole on Twitter
    Some boi.

Mullen signing for 2 years is bloody brilliant. Really top player now, as predicted by yours truly at the start of last season.

Bit disappointed about Glen as he was clearly a good player, he just didn't performance to a high enough standard in the limited opportunities he got. As was said, he was probably on a high wage so possibly best to get rid rather than have him as a bit-part player next year.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed May 20, 2015 12:11 am

Lexi Collector wrote:

Have you heard anything about Jay 3 Talbs?

Not heard or seen anything mate, I'm hoping that Rutherford's departure is maybe a hint that Talbot's staying, otherwise that's another two defenders to bring in.

As Bertie says, it's more than likely agreements in place with players now but with Currie, Mullen, and seemingly Burchill all committing in the past week I'll take that as a good omen about what's to come.

Also interesting to note Burchill saying we'll stand by Gallagher. Thought he was out of contract tbh, would certainly suggest something may be in the works if he avoids jail time (looks unlikely though). Can't see any other way that we could keep him, not sure how some would react to us signing a guy who's just avoided the jail, I believe in second chances and all that. Any other shit and I'd have him out the door, though, irregardless of his talent.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:Gym.. swimming and run Done. A can see Livi winning the league this year Like! ayo

Not my words, the words of Darren Cole on Twitter
    Some boi.

Mullen signing for 2 years is bloody brilliant. Really top player now, as predicted by yours truly at the start of last season.

Bit disappointed about Glen as he was clearly a good player, he just didn't performance to a high enough standard in the limited opportunities he got. As was said, he was probably on a high wage so possibly best to get rid rather than have him as a bit-part player next year.

Sure I had him as my star performer too, but reckon it was a season too early for him, took half the season to get going and still needs to roll tackles a bit and give players a wee nudge before they do it to him and knock them off balance as the ball comes to him. Should be a lot better this season so great news him signing up (or will be once Rankine has gone).
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Wed May 20, 2015 7:34 am

Talk on P&B of Devon Jacobs being offered a contract to return from Berwick although has an offer from Australia as well. Not sure I've seen him play - any thoughts?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 20, 2015 9:35 am

ianlivi wrote:Talk on P&B of Devon Jacobs being offered a contract to return from Berwick although has an offer from Australia as well. Not sure I've seen him play - any thoughts?

I liked him but not sure he's really championship quality. That being said having him in the side would be quite a draw to persuade the other Jacob brothers to renew.

As I recall (others can correct me) I think he played right back?
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Wed May 20, 2015 11:25 am

Dev is a right back...built like Keaghan but shorter...decent cross on him but caught out defensively...only played a handful of games as a replacement for Mampuya I think...by all accounts I've heard he's had a decent time at Berwick so maybe developing into a decent player like his brothers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 20, 2015 11:56 am

cptn_hooch wrote:Dev is a right back...built like Keaghan but shorter...decent cross on him but caught out defensively...only played a handful of games as a replacement for Mampuya I think...by all accounts I've heard he's had a decent time at Berwick so maybe developing into a decent player like his brothers

Think he was away before Mampuya joined. Seem to recall he played for Stirling before moving to Berwick; we played Stirling in a cup match and all three Jacobs brothers played and didn't spare their sibling in any of the tackles going in. Seem to recall the referee was a bit unsure on how to handle it as after being brought down the would get up laughing and clapping each other on the back - seem to recall he got skinned a couple of times in the game though.

He was definitely in the Berwick team at the start of 2013/14 because we played them in a cup game (Talbot got sent off for spitting at an opponent?) - think Kyle was out of contract (before signing for Killie) and I think Keaghan was injured so the boys sat in the stand with the rest of the supporters and their other brother Sheldon.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed May 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Definite no to that one.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 20, 2015 12:34 pm

If we're looking at a RB then I take it Dycey is being moved back to CB.

Devon looked like he could have been a decent player given the chance to develop at Livi but we didn't keep him here. Can remember we played al the Jacobs bros in a game before they wre split up from one another and we only kept Kyle and Keaghan. TBH I thought he was a better RB than the ones we have had since he left.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Wed May 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Heard we're close to signing another CB as well. I'm guessing Donaldson will be on the way out, with Dycey acting as cover for both CB + RB (if he stays).
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Can't see anything on Danny's twitter about him signing a two year deal?

https://twitter.com/Dannymullen13
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed May 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Durnford wrote:

Can't see anything on Danny's twitter about him signing a two year deal?

https://twitter.com/Dannymullen13

Must've deleted it...100% certain I saw him tweet saying he's signed a 2 year deal.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Agree saw it yesterday and saw congrats from Rob Ogleby. Maybe has to wait until new owners/Rankine gone before going public due to SFA constraints!
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed May 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Yeah, I'm also in the no camp on Devon Jacobs. Would rather have Fordyce there and that's saying something.

Definitely saw the Mullen tweet as well.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 am

Fair do's guys - we can assume he's deleted it. Actually its been quite strange about the lack of tweets going on by the players; even Kyle and DJ, who have previously been the most active, have had very little to say.

In fact the only individuals who do appear to have said anything are those that are now confirmed away.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu May 21, 2015 9:15 am

Durnford wrote:
    In fact the only individuals who do appear to have said anything are those that are now confirmed away.

By that logic DJ, Kyle, Keaghan, Hippo and Cole are staying....happy days
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 21, 2015 9:38 am

cptn_hooch wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

By that logic DJ, Kyle, Keaghan, Hippo and Cole are staying....happy days

Or not been told they're leaving (sorry - glass half empty moment)

Actually didn't realise Hippolyte had a twitter account. Talbot does but there's be begger all on that as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Would think Burchill will have spoken to all the players by now and let them know which ones are in his pans for next season.

The ones we know are gone have obv been told they're not in his plans, whether the ones Burchill wants to stay do or not will depend on their own plans.

Hippo has said he'd be happy to stay IF we were playing in the Championship, so it'll be down to him agreeing what wages are being offered, same with everyone else really, or if they get a better offer elsewhere, so sooner the embargo gets lifted the better so we can start getting players contracts secured.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu May 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Maybe not right on this but Callum Carson on twitter reports Rakine in process of tranfering his shares to other board members- hopefully correct he usually is. GREAT NEWS now maybe we can sign players once done!
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu May 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Apologies must be the excitement meant to say "not the right forum"
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu May 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Interesting terminology Transferred- hope this doesnt give the SFA a excuse to dig into it or the tax man. Please lets do everything above board and move on as a club
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Transferring the shares could be for a token amount or could be on the premise that Livi owe him the value of the shares, repayable when the club can afford to do so; which would probably be similar to the situation he has at Dumbarton which was found to be no conflict of interest.

Either way, if Callum is correct & if everything is compliant with the SPFL rules that apply to everyone except the club that used to be Rangers; then happy days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm