The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
Liviforever
Durnford
LiviLion
cptn_hooch
Smithy
Afro
Auld Nick
orco
LiviCub
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
17 posters

The ex-Lions thread

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

The ex-Lions thread  - Page 14 Empty Re: The ex-Lions thread

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 am

cptn_hooch wrote:Good luck to Dorrans. Always liked him as a player and thought he maybe moved down south too early. Hope he does well for them

He clearly lacks ambition by signing for a tribute act. I hope they go bust just like the originals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Watched the SPFL Premiership highlights on bbc1 last night, the commentator said Dorrans was living the dream playing for his boyhood heroes. I think after playing in 'the best league in the world' down south coming back up here will be far from living the dream, apart from that his boyhood team died in 2012,he was far too busy making his fortune in England to play for his dream team when they were alive.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 pm

See Coll Donaldson has been released by Dundee United
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Jesus Garcia Tena has signed for Edinburgh City. Brilliant signing for them assuming he hasn't had a monstrous drop in ability.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

I was reading that injury to their regular goalkeeper could see Hamilton give DJ a run in the team.
    I hope he does well. Might be in at the deep end against The Rangers on Friday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 am

DJ to save an injury time penalty for Accies to get all 3 points.

He'll need to do the basics well though and line up his wall for free kicks better, hope he takes his chance with both hands and grabs their number One spot, mon the DJ. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 am

Well it was all good for 18 minutes, then The Tributeers had their first shot at goal & scored. Surprise, surprise, it was a shot from distance that DJ almost, nearly got a hand to...as soon as the guy prepped to shoot I thought, if he gets it on target it will be a goal. And it went downhill from there. DJ didn't exactly look totally unlike a keeper on the second shot on target, he had goalie gloves on after all, but the second was completely saveable.

Then he pulled off a superb save in a 1 on 1 situation, only to be beaten with the next shot on target, which again looked saveable. I didn't see the penalty so no idea if he got near it but the final game stats show that The Club Masquerading As Rangers had 5 shots at goal, all on target & scored 4 goals.

That sums up for me why he was released & is all the more incredible to think he moved up the leagues.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 am

Just watched the highlights on the bbc website, yep first two were saveable, 2nd was straight at him and he somehow let it go through his legs. Good save on the 1 on 1 yep, then prob could've done better with the 3rd, Accies defence hung him out to dry several times too right enough so wasn't all DJ's fault. Penalty was calmy slotted away by Dorrans, who waited to see where DJ was going before chipping it down the middle.

Ref was honking too, 2 straight reds to Sevco were bottled as studs up/in challenges were ignored, and same player elbowed an Accies player but it was missed, hopefully the CO will be making an offer of a ban, and not ignoring it too, actually the same player who only got a yellow for an earlier studs up challenge used his arm to score a goal, goal wasn't given but no 2nd yellow for using his arm either!!!

We have felt aggrieved by refereeing decisions this season but by feck that was shocking by the ref in that game.

Oh and although the ref actually did finally send a Sevco player off for a 2nd yellow, and as shocked as I was for him not bottling it again, the boy's first yellow should've been a straight red.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:18 am

Aye, DJ didn't exactly cover himself in glory but he was hung out to dry by the Hamilton defence in most instances.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:24 pm

I see wee Scougall got his first goal for Perth Saints the other day
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 pm

With a bit of luck we might be able to see him playing against us next season....................and I don't mean St Johnstone getting relegated or in a cup game. Laughing
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Not sure if a few months on loan counts as being ex-Livi, but Penrice got an assist for Partick in their friendly today. Reckon he's in the first team for the rest of the season, hope he goes on to bigger things.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am

Good luck to him, was very good for us, pity we couldn't have kept him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Interestingly Carrick took all of two minutes to score his first goal for Airdrie.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Did the same with us when he first played. Scored an early goal against St Mirren at the start of this season too, didn't do it often enough though. And picked up a few injuries which doesn't help him to get a run in a team.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

I think he scored on his debut for Cowdenbeath when he went there didn't he?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I think he scored on his debut for Cowdenbeath when he went there didn't he?

Not sure actually - I seem to recall it was some time before he actually managed to score for them. Working with a Blue Brazil he kept coming in to work with lines like he tried hard but had no luck etc.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 pm

He scored after 17 mins in their 3-1 defeat on the 28th Jan 2017. https://spfl.co.uk/league-two/fixture/3638550/

He came on in the 67th min against St Mirren and scored in the 68th min when we lost 3-2 in the Betfred cup game last season. So seems to be a habit of his, scoring quite early for a team on his debut. Bit weird that in all 3 of his debut games (Airdrie today, Cowden and Livi last season) his team still lost, fecker's a jinx. Laughing

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Sounds like he might have scored a Derby winner for Hearts... Not his debut though. He didn't score at all for Killie.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm

James McPake has just announced his retirement. A personal favourite for me growing up in my early teens and definitely an 'old-school' defender which is slowly dying out (whether that's a good thing or bad thing).

One of the very few decent players in an otherwise forgetful period in terms of 'on the pitch' activity.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:32 pm

LiviCub wrote:James McPake has just announced his retirement. A personal favourite for me growing up in my early teens and definitely an 'old-school' defender which is slowly dying out (whether that's a good thing or bad thing).

One of the very few decent players in an otherwise forgetful period in terms of 'on the pitch' activity.

James had more than his fair share of injuries; that being said he appeared for a fair number of top level clubs in his time.

Was funny to see he's now 33; seems like only yesterday he was coming through the youth ranks with Snodgrass and Dorrans.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Started out as a striker too, his infamous one on one miss in the last minute of the game against Oldo Rangers was the final nail in the coffin on his strikers career, but it turned out really well for him being changed into a CB. Always the last to leave the pitch to take the final round of applause from our fans was James. lol!

Played with his heart on his sleeve, and showed plenty passion and determination at Livi, also genuinely looked pissed off when we lost.

Dundee have signed him up as their head of youth academy.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Yeah, he really should have scored that one, would have been sweeeeeeeet. Possibly would have destroyed his career though, he might never have been switched to defence by Robbo, which was probably his best decision as Livi manager.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Myles Hippolyte looks like joining St Mirren, exact same as the Mullen situation where they could have got him on a PCA but have spent money to get him early.

Just seen that we have a sell-on clause, even better Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm

McNulty still scoring for Coventry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:30 pm